Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Maybe love doesn't make the world go 'round.

Spencer P.O.V.

We were backstage of the little club we were playing at for an off tour show getting ready. Well, Jon and I were ready, Brendon and Ryan were still running around trying to get last minute make up on. So I was sitting at the table that was set in the room with Jon, his girlfriend, Angie, and Kara. I was watching Kara as she talked to Angie about her baby. She was eight months pregnant and about to burst. As much as I tried to keep conversation with Jon, I just couldn't pay much mind to it. I wanted Kara's attention, but without being too obvious. She noticed my glances at her and turned her gaze away from Angie, who had begun talking to Jon, and fixed her eyes on me. I didn't notice she was watching me because I had been talking to Ryan for a couple of minutes before I took chance to steal a glance at her, but this time when I did she was looking right back at me. My cheeks flushed when my eyes locked with hers and I looked down at my hands pretending to be extra concerned with my nail beds. When I looked back up I saw a smirk I was all too familiar with. Only this time it didn't belong to Brendon. I got up and walked outside the door. I needed some air and time by myself. Of course I wouldn't get that. As soon as I sat down on the sidewalk I heard the door open behind me and someone step outside.

“Why are you sitting out here all by yourself?” I heard a soft voice say from above me as I glanced over and saw a pair of black and lavender slip on vans next to me. I looked up into Kara's soft brown eyes smiling down at me.

“I don't know, tired off sitting in there,” I said jerking my head towards the door.

“So you come out here and sit? Mind if I join you?” She asked.

“Not at all,” I answered and she sat down next to me.

We sat in silence before she started laughing suddenly. “Well this is fun,” She giggled.

“Please don't tell me your A.D.H.D. like your brother,” I said staring at her.

“Fine, I won't tell you,” She said laying back. I saw her shirt rise a little bit and saw a glint of silver come off her belly button. I looked away so I wouldn't get happy in the lower region and give my cover away.

“Not another one. I thought one Bren was too much to handle, I don't think I could deal with two.”

“Aw, but that's the thing. I'm not Brendon,” She said propping herself up on her elbows.

“No, you're not,” I said as I looked her over. She definitely was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had shoulder length brown hair with red streaks in it, but some of them didn't take and had turned pink, which only made it look all the better. She had chocolate brown eyes, almost like Brendon's, but a little softer. They did look a little alike, but the face was the only place.

“Will you quit that?” She asked me, catching me off guard.

“Huh?”

“Checking me out. You kept doing it inside and now is not any different,” She said.

“Sorry, I didn't realize-”

“Don't you know the rules about hitting on your friends sisters?” She asked smiling as she scooted a little closer to me.

“Yeah, I mean, um, what?” I said, as she got close enough for our knees to touch, making me stumble over my words.

“Did Brendon ever have that talk with you?”

“No, I gu-” I started, but was cut off as she pushed her lips against mine. I felt a spark run through my body at the touch of her soft lips, and almost whimpered when she pulled away, but stopped myself quickly.

“Good, because that would have been very wrong,” She whispered, still inches away from my face and I had to keep myself from closing the gap again.

“W-why?” I asked, and she seemed to understand because she bit her lip and nodded.

“Because I like you. I have since I saw you guys play for the first time,” She said.

“Really?” I asked, I had no idea.

“Yeah, but I thought you would reject me and think of me as some stupid little eighteen year-old. I mean you could have any girl you want. So I was excited when you started giving me so much attention, and I figured you felt the same way. You do, don't you?”

“Hell yes,” I breathed out. “But, Bren?”

She looked down at her feet and shook her head.

“I don't know about him. Maybe we shouldn't tell him for awhile,” She said.

“I don't know if that's such a good idea. I mean I don't wanna ruin our friendship for the sake of the band and he might get a little pissed if he found out I was dating his sister without him knowing,” I told her.

“Okay, so we'll tell him. But not right now,” She said and leaned in for another kiss, but just before our lips met, I heard the door open behind us and pulled back to see Ryan and Brendon standing there, fully ready.

“Come on, Spence, we've got five minutes before we go on,” Ryan said as Brendon looked down at Kara and I suspiciously.

“Were you guys going to kiss?” He asked.

“No. What gives you that idea?” Kara asked him.

“It's just-oh never mind,” He said walking inside and Ryan, Kara, and I followed behind. I gave Kara a little peck on the lips in the shadows of the hallway and then walked out to go on stage. Brendon was already screaming out to the crowd.

*********

Cali's P.O.V.

I watched as the guys finished up playing their set and then walked off stage. They were great, as always, and I couldn't wait to get back and see Brendon. It was hell without him last night. I had no idea how I ever thought I would survive a break from him.

I walked backstage and found him, but just before I called out to him I saw a girl with brown and red hair run over and throw her arms around him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Tears stung at my eyes as I watched the mystery girl hang off of my boyfriend. I walked away trying not to cry. I wasn't about to waste my time making a complete ass out of myself. If he could move on that fast, I didn't need to waste my time with him at all.