Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I hate you, Spencer Smith!

Kara's P.O.V.

I woke up and placed my hand on my stomach. How long do you have until you start showing? My stomach was still so flat, but I thought I could feel a little bump forming around the point where my stomach met my pelvis. Two days passed and I had gotten used to the idea of the baby, but I still felt sick to my stomach every time I thought about telling Spencer. Even last night when I sat down on the couch to talk to him, I had to get up and rush to the bathroom. This is going to be harder than I thought.

“You awake?” I heard Spencer ask from beside me.

“Yeah,” I said rolling over and looking at him.

“Good morning,” He said placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“Good morning,” I said smiling as I caressed his cheek with my hand.

“You want some breakfast?” He asked.

“Uh-huh,” I said feeling my stomach rumble with the hunger I hadn't even noticed five minutes ago.

“Get dressed and come downstairs, I'll make you something,” He said and I suddenly realized he was fully dressed and laying above the covers.

“Where'd you go?” I asked sitting up.

“To get some food in case you wanted breakfast,” He told me.

“Okay. Well I'll be down in a minute,” I told him getting up. He gave me another quick kiss before stepping out of the bedroom and walking down the stairs.

I pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Then I grabbed my hoodie off the back of the door. I wasn't getting dressed all nicely to go downstairs for breakfast. I still needed a shower anyway. I walked down the stairs that led into the kitchen and smiled when the smell of waffles filled my nose.

“Mm, that smells excellent,” I said walking up behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.

“Unlike you,” He said laughing before turning around to wrap his arms around my own waist and dip his head down to kiss my nose.

“I don't stink!” I said pushing his face away from mine and pouting.

"Of course you don't, you smell like roses," He told me grabbing my hands away and hugging me closer to him.

"Roses smell like shit," I replied, but my voice came out muffled into the fabric of his shirt.

He laughed and let me go before turning around and opening up a package of bacon to place on a pan on the stove. Usually I would love the smell of bacon, it's my favorite food in the mornings, but as soon as the smell of that cooking meat hit my nostrils, my stomach lurched and I had to run to the bathroom. I sat back against the wall when I was sure there was nothing left in my stomach to come back up amd groaned. I glanced over at the doorway to see Spencer looking down at me with concern.

"You okay, babe?" He asked kneeling down beside me and feeling my cheeks.

"Yeah, I guess it's just going to happen whatever I do," I said pushing his hands away and standing up to swish some water around in my mouth.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong. You can't just be throwing up for no reason," He said standing up and searching my face.

I sighed. "Spencer, we need to talk," I told him.

"About what?"

"Come out here, it might be better if your sitting down," And don't have anything you could possibly hurt me with.

I grabbed his hand and led him out to the living room. How do I tell him this? Do I just come out and say, "Spence, I'm pregnant," or do I string him along and make him guess. See these are the things they should really teach you in school. Not just how to make the-

"Kara!" Spencer yelled loudly, waving his hand around in front of my face. "Hello, anyone home?"

"Yeah, sorry. A.D.D., I blame my brother, I mean mother," What the fuck am I talking about?

"Okay, now what were you trying to tell me?"

"Okay, this isn't going to be easy to say, but I- I'm," I stuttered out.

"Spit it out already."

"I'm pregnant," I said and watched his face go white and his jaw drop. He blinked a few times before he could muster up sound to speak.

"What?!" He asked.

"I'm having a baby," I said rubbing my stomach.

"Y-yo-, how?"

"Do you really need me to explain that to you?"

"No. But we used condoms. Every time. How did this happen?" He asked.

"Maybe one ripped. I don't know, it happens," I said shrugging. He was starting to freak out, and I wanted to keep him as calm as I could.

"Either way, you're on the pill. Isn't that supposed to make it not possible?"

"Actually, I haven't got on it yet," I said looking down at my hands.

"Excuse me?"

"Well I just got to the doctor like a week ago, and I'm still waiting for the prescription to come in. The store was out of that brand and had to order more," I said.

"And you felt it fit not to tell my this until today?"

"No, but it's not like I thought this was going to happen."

"Of course you didn't think that. Do you ever think about anything before you do it? No!" He was starting to yell by this point. "Anyway, we've only been dating a month, how do I know this baby is even mine?"

The malica in his voice and the anger in his eyes as he said this was too much for me and I burst into tears. I didn't know if it was my hormones or the actual question that had caused them, I felt angry, confused, and upset all at the same time.

"Of course it's your baby! How could you even ask me that?" I choked out through tears.

"Because I don't how many guys you might have fucked a night before you made me your little toy," He spat. This remark made all of my sadness disappear and pissed me off completely.

"If that's the case then you can leave. Get the fuck out of this house!" I screamed at him standing up and pointing towards the door.

"Fuck you! This is my house and if anyone's leaving, it's going to be you," He yelled before turning and walking up the stairs. I ran after him only to have the bedroom door slammed in my face. I banged on it with my fists and tried to yank it open, but he had locked it and there was no use.

"You know what, fine! You want me out, I'm leaving! And don't you ever, ever ask me to let you see your daughter or son! I fucking hate you, Spencer Smith!" I screamed and ran out the front door. My car keys were open in my room so I had to walk, but I knew exactly where I was going. I needed soemtone to talk to, someone to understand, and I needed my big brother, and I didn't care what happened after that.