Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Nine In the Afternoon.

Cali's P.O.V.

I had finished up with my interview at the smoothie place down the street and went to the studio where the boys were recording at. I walked in the door to see Pete and their engineer watching them.

"Hey." Pete said as he noticed me in the room.

"Hey." I said giving him a hug before turning my attention to Brendon. He was in the room singing into the microphone one of their new songs. Pete handed me the set of headphones he had so I could listen. I put them on and listened to him singing.

"Back to the streets where we began
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
Well, now we're feeling so good

Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
It looks like the end of history as we know
It’s just the end of the world

Back to the street where we began
Feeling as good as love, you could, you can

Into a place, where thoughts can bloom
Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And we know that it could be
And we know that it should
And you know that you feel it too
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good

Back to the street
Down to our feet
Losing the feeling of feeling unique
Do you know what I mean?

Back to the place, hey
Where we used to say
Man it feels good to feel this way
Now I know what I mean

Back to the street, back to the place,
Back to the room where it all began
Back to the street, back to the place,
Back to the room where it all began
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
Just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
Just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon

Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
Just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon"

He stopped and looked up at me smiling widely. He walked in through the door and grabbed me into a tight hug. I kissed him softly before he pulled away.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be at that job interview or something." He said.

"It ended early so I figured I could come down here.That's not a problem is it?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, that was actually our last song to do for today. Did you like it?" He asked suddenly getting excited.

"Yes I loved it! It's amazing." I told him giving him another kiss and he smiled.

At that time the door opened and the rest of Panic walked in.

"Oh great, now our singer's going to be too distracted to actually get anything done." Jon said when he saw me and I just smiled still in Brendon's arms.

"Sorry Jonnycakes. But me and Brenny don't go far from each other." I said hugging my boyfriend closer to me." Hey Ry."

"Hi." He said giving me a hug while I still had my arms around Brendon, so it was more along the lines of me being squished into Brendon by Ryan.

"Hi Spencer." I said, but he didn't hug me, only said hi back.

"Well anyway, Walker, I think we're done for the day. Right?" He asked turning to their engineer and he nodded his head.

"Yeah for now. But we still have a lot to do before you got an album." He told them and they nodded.

"Yeah we know. So see you next week, right?" Brendon asked and the guy nodded. Before he walked out the door.

"So, what's going on with everybody this weekend?" Jon asked as he sat down in one of the chairs.

"Well I gotta go to the air port tomorrow and get my little sister. She's staying with Ryan and I for a little bit." Pete said. Yeah, Pete and Ryan both came out and told everybody they were dating. All the guys pretty much knew already and didn't really care like Ryan was worried they would. And then Pete sort of moved into Ryan's house. Ryan has just never kicked him out yet.

"And then aren't the rest of Fall Out Boy flying out too?" Ryan asked and Pete nodded.

"You have a little sister?" I asked Pete and he yet again nodded. "How old is she?"

"Twenty, I believe."

"What's her name?"

"Andy."

"Isn't that a little awkward with your drummer Andy?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I can always distinguish between my drummer and my sister. And when they're in the same room together we just call them stupid nicknames." He said.

"Okay. So she's coming out tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll meet her. It hasn't quite been decided how long she'll be staying out here.

"Okay then." I said turning back to the regular conversation.

"So what are you and Cali doing this weekend?" Ryan asked Brendon and he shrugged.

"I don't know, but we'll think of something, right Cal?" He asked and I nodded.

"Probably something unplanned with you retards anyway." I told them and they looked at me in mock shock.

"Hey! We can't help out development issues. Don't hate!" Jon told me and I giggled.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I asked Brendon and he shrugged.

"No idea. But is this like your way of telling me you wanna leave, 'cause we can if you want." He told me and I nodded my head slightly.

"Well, we're gonna get going. Bye guys." Brendon said grabbing my hand as we walked to the door as I waved bye to everyone and we left.

*****************



I really love this song, it's my new favorite. Thought I'd share it with you if you haven't heard it yet. But anyway, comments are love.