Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

The First Giggle.

Two Weeks Later..

Kara's P.O.V.

"You okay there, Bren?" Cali asked and I looked over at Brendon who was staring into space with a painful look on his face. At hearing his name, he turned to Cali and looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Huh?" He asked.

"Are you okay?" She repeated and he nodded looking away again. Cali gave me a weird look and I shrugged. We were sitting at Izey's house waiting for Ryan and Pete to come there. Yeah, Pete and Izey talked things over, so did Ryan and Izey. I guess they're all cool now, so everyone was coming over here just to hang out. Suddenly there was a loud noise at the door like something being dropped. It made Brendon jump and Cali and I laughed at the surprised expression on his face.

"Izey! Your mail is here!" Cali yelled and Izey came running into the room to open the door and grab the mail out of the mailbox. She came walking back into the living room with a large envelope in her hands.

"Are the big envelopes a good sign, or a bad one?" She asked Cali who jumped up and ran to her to look at the envelope.

"Oh my god! It's from NY U! Come, open it!" She said excitedly.

"Hang on, you got to stand here with me for a minute." Izey said grabbing Cali's hands and holding them in her own before taking a deep breath.

"Why?" Cali asked.

"'Cause you're my good luck charm!"

"Really?" Cali asked with an honored look.

"Yes, now shut up! I'm opening it!" Izey said taking her hands back and ripping open the envelope. She took out a couple of papers and read them silently, then sighed.

"What?! Don't tell me you didn't get in!"

"No, they want me to come out and 'show them what I can do.' I have to fly out to New York after the New Year and do a photo shoot for them, and they'll see then. Damn it." She said.

"Relax, Iz. You'll get in. You're one of the best photographers I've ever seen." Cali told her and she shrugged.

"Guess so."

At that moment Pete poked his head through the open door.

"Hi." I said to him and he smiled looking at me.

"The door's open. I'm guessing we can come in?" He asked and I nodded.

"I would think so." I said and he walked in the door followed by Ryan, Spencer, Jon, and Angie, who was carrying Jacob's car seat in her hands. She set it down by the couch where I was sitting. "Is he sleeping?"

"Probably not. He was, but he's probably just being quiet right now and then will start screaming in a minute. He's a little teaser." She said sitting down next to me. She lifted the blanket to reveal a tiny little Jacob staring up with his blue eyes open. He looked at me with huge eyes and I smiled.

"Can I pick him up?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Of course! Go right ahead." She said and I unbuckled him and lifted his tiny body out of the seat. His big eyes never left me as I balanced him on my knee, supporting his neck by placing one hand behind it and using the other to keep a gentle, but firm grip on his waist. He continued staring at me and I smiled. I brought my knees up so my feet were on the couch and they were sticking up. I laid him back on my knees so I could still hold him, but have a better angle of playing with him.

"Hey, little buddy!" I said, my voice a little higher than normal as most people's do when they talk to babies. His little mouth slowly formed into a smile as his hand wrapped around my index finger. I wiggled it around and he just kept a good grip, watching his hand move in motion with my finger. I felt the weight of the couch shift and looked over to see Spencer sitting next to me. Jacob turned his attention away from me and onto Spencer.

"Hey, Jake." He said to the little baby as he tickled his stomach lightly. The baby made a gurgling sound that was close to a laugh, but not quite there yet. Jacob reached his hands out and tried to grab at Spencer. I handed him over so he could hold him and Jacob felt Spencer's chin, little noises falling from his mouth and curiosity filling his eyes.

"Aw, he likes your beard." I said laughing and Jon and Angie looked over.

"Oh, yeah. He loves beards. And hair. Just to pull on it." Jon said laughing.

"And shiny earrings. Watch them." Angie said and I laughed. Brendon walked over from the chair he had been sitting in and bent over next to Spencer, staring at Jacob, who just stared back.

"Hey you." He said poking him in the stomach. "I wanna see you, come here." He said gently taking the baby out of Spencer's arms and laying on the floor with him sitting on his stomach and leaning back on his knees which were bent up. He pulled a couple of faces, making the little boy smile widely and poke his tongue out. "Haha, what are you doing? Are you laughing at me? Huh, are you?" Brendon asked him tickling his stomach and then lifted him up and brought his face close to the child's stomach. He blew a raspberry and he let out a loud, clear giggle. Angie and Jon both looked up to their son with smiling faces.

"Did he just laugh?" Jon asked Brendon who nodded.

"Oh my gosh, he's never done that before!" Angie exclaimed beaming down at her little boy.

"Does that mean Brendon's actually funny?" Spencer asked and Brendon glared at him.

"Yeah, funny looking." Ryan said and I laughed.

"Oohh, burrnn, bitch!" Jon yelled and Angie smacked him.

"Don't swear in front of the baby!" She told him.

"Yeah, or he might end up like you!" Pete said, giving Brendon the opportunity to yell back in Jon's face.

"Burnn!!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't particularly like this chapter myself, what do you guys think? Especially the end.

There you go, might be the last one for a bit. I promise I will update as soon as I can. Just don't think I gave up on the story, because I'm far from finished.