Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Stop Treating Me Like a Little Girl!

Cali's P.O.V.

"Oh, h-hi mom." I stuttered out upon seeing my mom and sister standing in my living room next to a confused Brendon. His eyes went wide and he looked over at my sister, who stared back at him.

"Cali, sweet heart!" My mom said walking over and wrapping her arms around me. "Oh honey, what did you do your hair? I barely recognize you!"

"I dyed it." I said softly and twirled a pink strand around my finger.

"Well, obviously. I mean, it's pink." My mom told me and I nodded.

"Oh stop, mama! I think it looks cute." Chelsea, my sister, told me smiling sweetly. I saw right through that smile, but returned one of my own weakly.

"I guess so. Hello girls!" She said to Izey and Dani who she saw sitting in the kitchen. "And you are?" She said turning to Brendon who looked taken aback at being rounded on so quickly. I walked to his side and smiled, grabbing his hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend, Brendon. Brendon this is my mother." I said introducing them.

"Hi, Mrs. Smith." He said shaking my mom's hand and making her laugh.

"Oh, don't worry about calling me Mrs. Sweetie, it's Kathy." She said and he nodded.

"And this is my sister, Chelsea." I said turning for him to look at her. She didn't smile at him like my mom did, but instead stared at Brendon as if trying to figure him out.

"What's your last name?" She asked and Brendon knitted his eyebrows.

"Um, Urie." He replied and her face fell for a moment before regaining her confidence.

"Thought so." She said and turned away from him. He looked over at me confused and I shrugged, silently telling him I had no idea what that was about.

"So what happened to that other boy you were dating? Travis, wasn't it?" My mom asked and I felt Brendon cringe slightly.

"Oh mom, I left him along time ago." I said and now she looked confused.

"Since when?" She asked.

"Like, July or August." I told her.

"So how long have you been with Brendon?"

"April." I answered and her eyes went wide and my sister snorted.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" She asked and I looked at her.

"I don't know, maybe you're confusing me with yourself. How's little Mikey?"

"He's fine. Getting big, but you'd know that if you paid him any attention." She said and I glared. "So what really happened with your other little boyfriend? Did you really leave him or did your little friend Izey finally come around and steal him away?" She asked and I gritted my teeth.

"Yeah, I left him. And it's a shame for you, too. You guys would have gotten a long great! You're both complete ass holes." I said making her smile disappear from her face.

"Girls, please! Cali watch your mouth!" My mom said and we both shut up to look at her. "Now come on, we came over here for a nice visit. Can we for once actually have one?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, you came here to check up on me, like you always do." I said walking away into the kitchen and towards the fridge to get a drink.

"There she goes. Going to food for comfort, just like always." I heard Chelsea mutter and I grabbed a Red Bull and slammed the fridge door. I sat down at the table with Dani and Izey who watched me cautiously as if I was a fire work about to explode.

"Hey, you okay, Iz?" I asked watching her face contort as she swallowed down a forkful of macaroni.

"No. I'll be right back." She said getting up and running towards the bathroom. Brendon walked into the kitchen followed by Chelsea and my mother and came over and hugged me, hiding his face in my neck. Chelsea looked at him with a look of pity, shaking her head while my mom smiled admiringly. Dani had went to check on Izey when she ran out of the room to make sure she was okay. They walked back in a couple of minutes later, Izey's face flushed and Dani looking worried.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom." My mom said moving to the stairs. I knew she was actually going to look around the house to see if everything was in order, but I just let her go. I didn't really care what she found.

"You don't look too good, Izey. What's the matter?" Brendon asked her and she shook her head before cupping her face in her hands.

"Aw, did the little whore finally get herself knocked up?" Chelsea asked Izey who lifted her head up to look at her and then smiled deviously.

"I don't know. But don't worry, if I am I've made it past the age of sixteen and have already graduated from high school. Thanks for the concern, though." She told her and Chelsea pursed her lips.

"How good for you! I hope you and your "client" are happy!" She said and Izey in turn pursed her own lips.

"Well if I am pregnant, at least I'll know who my baby's daddy is." She told her and Chelsea rolled her eyes and turned around. She walked into the living room.

"Izey, are you gonna be okay for New York? You know we're leaving in four days?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'll be fine. I'm not gonna let some little flu bug cut down my chance of getting in this school. And I am not pregnant!" She said emphasizing the last couple of words.

"Yeah, we know." Dani said, but she didn't sound too sure.

"Fuck, we gotta go."

"Oh shit, yeah we do. We'll see you guys later." Dani said and she and Izey walked out of the garage door to leave.

"I hope she isn't pregnant." I told Brendon and he shrugged.

"What if she is?"

"Then it's Pete's. And she's fucked. Big time." I told him.

"Don't worry about it right now. Okay? You always ready seem tense enough." He said rubbing my shoulders and I sighed.

"I am. God, I hate my sister." I told him quietly and he nodded.

"Seems like a lot of people do. But just relax, this will all be over soon." He said kissing my neck before grabbing my hand and we walked in the living room to see no one in there.

"They're probably upstairs snooping around. I'll be right back." I said to Brendon moving towards the stairs and walking up them. I found them sitting up in our room and looking around it. "Hey."

They turned to look at me when I walked in and sat down on my bed. My sister had a disapproving look on her face and I knew it was about Brendon.

"Okay, before you guys even start in on me, I'm gonna tell you that it won't work. I love Brendon. And what you two think of him has no affect on me wanting to be with him." I told them and they both just shook their heads.

"Well I for one don't like him. I know his family, Cali. You don't know what you're getting yourself mixed in with." Chelsea said and I shook my head.

"Yeah, and now he knows you guys. So we'll be even if his family is really as horrible as you think." I told her and she sighed.

"Cali, I just don't know. You're so young. Why don't you go to school and do something with your life other than fall for stupid boys." My mother said.

"This is what I want to do. Why don't you get it, mom! I was hoping you at least would be happy for me." I told her.

"I'm not sure. I mean, where did you even meet this Brendon?" She asked.

"Backstage at a show." I said closing my eyes and waiting for the words to come crashing down on me.

"Backstage at a show?! Well that's great! God, how many times have I told you to quit screwing around with those little punk ass rocker boys who don't have any form of income? When are you gonna learn?" My mom started freaking out for no apparent reason. She hated the scene.

"Mom, this is totally different. He's in a very successful band." I tried to fight to her but I knew she wasn't listening.

"For now. But what happens when that band loses it's popularity? Huh? Then you'll be living out on the streets because neither of you could get a job because neither of you went to college to become prepared for anything!"

"Mom, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. This band is big, and they are good. Brendon is one of the most talented people I've ever met. And the rest of the band, too."

"He's a singer, isn't he?" She asked and I nodded. "So you can guess what will happen just by knowing that. Poor little Cali gets stuck at home while her wonderful boyfriend goes off sleeping around with barely legal groupies."

"Mother!" I yelled and she just kept going. "He's not like that! I know Brendon and he isn't cheating on me! We love each other!"

"You're just in denial, Cals. You know this has happened before." Chelsea told me. "We just don't wanna see you hurt again."

"You guys don't fucking care about me!" I said jumping to my feet and they looked up at me from their own seats. "All you care about the little image this family is supposed to be built on! You're all two fucking worried about me messing it up by marrying someone I truly love instead of a stupid lawyer or businessman! But I'll tell you what. I won't do anything like that! I love Brendon with all of my heart! And I know he loves me. And we will get married someday, whether you like it or not, and we'll have kids! In fact, we're trying right now. So I hope you like being a grandma, mother!"

"Cali, calm down. You're overreacting." She answered and I could feel my face flushing with anger and tears pierce my eyes. I was mad.

"I'm not fucking overreacting! I'm sick of you trying to rule my life! I can do fine by my own damn self! I'm eighteen for Christ's sake! You can't tell me who to marry, and you can't tell me what to do anymore! I'm not a little girl. So if you two would please stop treating me like one." I finished yelling.

"Then stop acting like one!" My mother said standing up and Chelsea followed. "You know what, fine. Get your heartbroken by your little friend downstairs. We won't be there to pick up the pieces for you!" She said walking out of the room and downstairs.

"You never fucking were!" I screamed after her but I just heard the door slam shut in response. I fell down on my knees and let out a cry. A couple minutes later I heard Brendon's footsteps walk in the room and felt him lean down next to me.

"Cali, sweetie, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I'm gonna go out for a little bit. Okay, baby." I said not letting him reply and kissing him before getting up and walking out of the door. I climbed in my car, not sure where I was heading yet. I stopped at a gas station to get a pack of cigarettes. I had quit months before, but right now I was so shook up that was the only think that would come me down except for alcohol, but I couldn't get any of that. I climbed back into the car and lit up a smoke, inhaling the sweet nicotine and felt myself relax a little bit. I drove around our neighborhood before I thought of a place to go besides home. Finally I thought of the perfect place. I quickly turned the car around and headed in the direction of the Vegas strip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so today has been one of the greatest days in a long time. I found out that my friend likes me back, so now we're like going out. So it was kind of awkward writing such an angry chapter. Hope its good anyway.

And I might be going to see them next month. I really really hope my mom gets the tickets!

Comments?