Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

I Thought You Were...

The car ride with Jackson was quiet and long. He lived in a secretive neighborhood. Which meant it was hidden far away. Once or twice Jackson would look over at me. Somehow he knew if he said anything I wouldn’t answer him. I just couldn’t say anything, I felt horrible. Finally we started pulling into a gated neighborhood, where Jackson had to swipe an ID card. Right away Jackson went through the gates and we were in. Jackson started slowing down once we reached a dark stoned house; this must be his house.

“We're here!” Jackson sighed turning off his car and unbuckling his seat belt. I coped him and I let myself out. I didn’t need his assistants. Jackson and I went both up to the porch together, then he unlocked the door quickly, opening it for me. Once we both stepped onto his carpeted living room I began to speak:

“Jackson I do not like you that way!” I told him, basically shouting at him. I was referring to the kiss we had. He was a good kisser and all, but it just didn’t feel right. Usually in the movies I always hear about that special fire work or spark that keeps you on your feet wanting more. None of that happened with Jackson, it was just a plain old kiss.

“Then why did you kiss me?” Jackson asked looking hurt. He should have known I did not like him more than friends. I did tell him I liked Rob. I am just not ready to move on right now and I am defiantly not having any physically or romantic attraction to Jackson.

“I thought you were someone else… I thought you were Rob!” I explained to him and I actually frowned at him. I felt bad for him; I never broke anyone’s heart before. I never planned on it happening to me, I never wanted to be that girl.

“Oh I get it…” Jackson said heartlessly. He was sad and a bit frustrated with me, I could tell, I’ve been there before. I know how he feels; I just never knew he liked me that way. I know understand what Rob is going through, I never thought it was this unnoticeable. Someone can like you and sometimes you will never know until they have the courage to go for you.

“Jackson I still want to be friends. That’s why I like you; you're amazing and really nice. Any girl would lucky to have a guy like you, maybe even Frankie? She really likes you!” I told him glancing over at him while I sat down on his long black couch. Jackson hesitated looking down at the ground and then he began to step forward slowly approaching me. My heart began to beat faster and faster, because I was nervous. I didn’t care, but it was still serious and very quiet between us.

“Really? I don’t think she’s for me!” Jackson said looking certain about it. I knew for sure it would work out. Because Frankie liked him and something about Jackson made me believe he liked her too. I didn’t understand why he thought it wasn’t going to work; maybe he thought that Frankie didn’t like him that way. But she did.

“Just trust me! Frankie and I are just alike… It will work out! I am not lying to you,” I explained to him while I pulled my converse off. I was tired and I just wanted to relax instead of arguing. Jackson should just get over the fact that we aren't meant to be. We are better as just friends, I knew he wouldn’t accept that fact.

“Hey Jessica do you want a shirt and some pants?” Jackson asked me, totally forgetting what I just said to him. I just nodded my head and Jackson left for a hallway. It was pretty quiet again so I just looked around the room seeing a bunch of autographed posters of some rock bands. I just smiled and looked straight at one that was a Back in Black AC/DC poster; one of the greatest.

“Here you go…” Jackson smiled handing me a big gray t-shirt and black and blue plaid pajama pants. I took them and I stood up, seeing if the clothes would fit me well enough. I wasn’t going to change in the living room with Jackson watching me, so I asked: