Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

UNKNOWN

I opened my eyes and Jackson began to pull away. I almost felt unwanted, I looked up from my feet and Jackson was standing up holding out his hand. I had no idea what this meant but I grabbed onto his hand; trusting him. I followed Jackson as he pulled me along down the hallway and then up a staircase. Upstairs it was dark and just as large as the downstairs, I really have no idea why he needs all of this space. Jackson stopped right after we got to the end of the long hallway, he glanced over at me. I smiled and I almost laughed at how happy I was, but I stayed calm. Jackson turned back around and opened the door so slowly that it made a creak at every inch he would push the door in. As soon as I stepped forward into the room, I finally knew what was coming. I looked around the room and my eyes stopped right in front of a king sized bed. I thought it would be okay so I sat down looking straight up at Jackson, he repeated and sat next to me. I could feel his breath on me and how warm his skin was. I looked at him trying to figure out what he was thinking. I looked down at my lap and I felt Jackson move his hand on mine, he grabbed onto my hand.

“Jackson- Thank you for letting me stay at your house, but I really need to get some sleep!” I sighed almost stopping what he was going to start. I didn’t want to have sex with him, I didn’t want to hurt Frankie even more then I already have. I stood up again; I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do.

“Well here is the bed, you can sleep here tonight. If you want any extra blankets or pillows, just ask!” Jackson smiled as he got up from the bed and went towards the door. He took one look back and then he closed the door quietly. I took a big deep breath after he left, I felt like I wasn't hardly breathing at all. I was so nervous around him I couldn’t even think to breathe.

I sat back down on Jackson’s bed and I went underneath the blankets. I took out my cell phone from my purse and I had one new message. It was from UNKOWN and it read, “Do you like Jackson?” and I just replied, “Not in that way, just as friends…”. I didn’t care who it was, I assumed it was from Frankie so I replied honestly. Even though I tried so hard by kissing and flirting with Jackson, it just didn’t work out in that way. I put my phone back on the nightstand and I laid down, actually trying to sleep good tonight. I was tired and I just wanted to forget tonight, I felt like a heartless bitch.

As soon as I laid down, a bright ray of light shun in my eyes. I woke up instantly and I sat up, the sun from the window woke me up. I looked around the room, actually seeing it in full light. It was a bright pale bedroom, probably a spare. I looked to my right and my clothes were hanging on the nightstand with my cell phone on top. I took my cell phone and I had no messages. I got up from the bed and took off Jackson’s clothes. I tried to get dressed as quickly as I could, in case Jackson came up to check on me.

Once I tied my shoes, I folded Jackson’s clothes and placed them neatly on the bed. I looked at myself once more in the small mirror on the opposite wall. I looked fine enough so I went out into the hallway. It was still dark, the lights weren’t on and there were no windows. Each door was closed, none were open or cracked. I walked down the hallway to the stairs. I went down the stairs quietly, trying not to make a creek or any noise. As soon as I got down on the first floor, the curtains were closed and Jackson wasn’t in sight.

I dialed the number to the closest taxi company. I waited for it to ring and I was happy to hear that they would be able to pick me up. I sat on the couch until I heard the taxi honk their horn. I played with my phone again, checking to see if anyone cared enough to leave a message. No one did. I turned my head to hear a honk, I looked out the window and the taxi was right on the side of the curb waiting.