Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

Robert Pattinson

“Oh my god, I am so sorry... Here let me help you!” I hesitated and I got up from the booth seat. I held out my hand and I helped the guy get up safely without hurting him again.

“Here's your handbag! Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going,” He laughed and he turned back around, it was him. I about fainted, he was rich and famous, he was an actor. My mouth suddenly dropped wide open and I took my purse gently out of his hands.

“No, it was my fault... I must have pushed my purse off onto the floor on accident!” I smiled as I almost started laughing at how cute he was. I was starting to get really nervous around him and I wasn't trying too.

“So you know who I am, huh?” He asked and he stood there still staring at me like I was one of his close friends. I thought by now he would go away and sit at his secluded table that no one can ever go near.

“Yeah I do, your Robert Pattinson from the Twilight movie!” I spoke out and I smiled at him the best I could. It was hard to look at a celebrity right in front of you; it was a shocking image to take in.

“So you're a fan? Oh and you can call me Rob if you prefer!” He laughed looking at me for a long second and I didn't know what it meant. I looked at him once again and he was now closer to me then I realized. I guided us back to my table and we sat down next to each other.

“Okay... Rob. Sure, I guess. I started reading the books before it became popular. But I really don't feel like Twilight that much anymore,” I frowned and I looked down at the newspaper. I only had about five open jobs circled and I knew I probably wasn't going to get any of them. My gaze went back to Rob's face and I couldn't help but smile, even though today has been the worst day ever.

“So... Um, I didn't catch your name?” Rob blushed and I almost wanted to pinch myself. He could have left without knowing my name, so he could and probably would forget me. I'm glad he told me right away.

“It's Jessica...” I breathed and I sighed silently. I was starting to think about Derek again and it was not helping me one bit. So I looked back at his face and I fought to stay happier then I felt.

“Oh?” Rob said wordlessly. I knew by the look of his face that he knew I wasn't feeling good today. That was one of my flaws; I can't hide any of my emotions. Good or bad.

“It's a long story with my boyfriend!” I sighed playing with the edge of the newspaper and I started getting nervous again. Rob looked at me breathlessly and I noticed what I said so I continued. “I mean ex boyfriend...” I indicated that Derek was no longer my boyfriend; it was hard to get out. But I didn't want to lie about something like that.

“Oh, I'm so sorry!” Rob apologized and I shook my head. I didn't care who apologized to me about it, it is over with. It's time to live in the now.

“No, it's fine,” I lied looking down again and it was starting to get awkward. Usually talking about your ex's makes the conversation awkward or a bit weird.

“So... Um, you're ah looking for a new job?” Rob hesitated blushing a little bit and he looked down at my newspaper. I saw him looking at all of the jobs I circled and I started to get embarrassed. He paused for a second and then he began to speak again.