‹ Prequel: Were So Broken
Status: EDITING. RE-POSTING. HANG IN THERE!

Broken

Chapter 8

Reno and Antz had been looking for the lost lyrics for almost a ten minutes now and the pair was growing fretful. They had retraced their steps twice already but Reno insisted that they weren't looking hard enough. "They have to be around here somewhere, Oh God, please let us find them", she silently thought. Antz couldn't stop thinking of all the things Reno could have written. Had she poured her heart out onto a piece of paper about someone she loved? Or had she written a sad song about someone dying, or a breakup.. Girls do that right? The day was droning on slowly and it was becoming late. BrokeNCYDE had a concert in a few hours and neither of them could afford to be late.

" We have to stop looking, the show is in two hours. We might be late if we keep goin' on" Antz said lowly

" What if somebody finds em'? Nobody can read those lyrics, nobody, Antz...Nobody" Reno replied frantically looking under every chair and merch table that was nearby.

" The show, Lil' Rizzo we can't miss the show"

Reno knew they had to stop then and there. "It's no use", she thought, "Somebody has them and Se7en is going to find out". She nodded slightly before walking away towards the bus to find some clothes to wear. Upon arriving at the front door of the bus she noticed that all the lights were off. Where was Se7en? They had only been gone for ten minutes and he had already set off somewhere? Reno shrugged and figured that he went into the venue to warm up his vocals early. He had been smoking a lot lately and that can affect the sounds your voice makes. She boarded the bus and marched herself right into the bunk area, not bothering to look around before she removed her shirt and rummaged for a new one. What she didn't know was that Se7en was lying in his bunk staring up at the ceiling. He knew she was there but didn't make a sound, he refused to talk to her. Not that he was angry, no, he was far from angry. He was confused by her motives and even though he hated to be cynical he never knew what she was going to do next.

< Two Hours Later - Show Time ->

Reno was standing in front of the full body dressing room mirror looking at her reflection. She wasn't worried about her hair or the way she was dressed, she looked great, but she was more worried about what was wrong with her. Why didn't Se7en like her back? Was there something wrong with her? So many questions were arising in her mind. Just then, as if God had sent him, Se7en knocked on the door. Reno turned quickly and made a few adjustments to her hair before allowing him in. If he didn't like her then she should try and make him, right?

" Lil' Rizzo, come on, it's show time" He said with a smile playing on his lips

" I'll be out in just a second. Wait for me by the ramp, okay?" She said quickly while looking for her neon microophone

She didn't notice Se7en's goodbye wave so it seemed as if she was ignoring him, she wasn't, but he didn't know that. Se7en walked with his head low to the ramp next to the stage and quietly waited for Reno. Back inside of the dressing room Reno was rushing around looking for her authentic neon microphone, it was given to her by her father, a man who she had loved dearly before he passed away. He was the one that introduced her to screamo music, he was the greatest in her eyes, and that microphone was the only thing she had left. "Where is it? I can't preform without it!". She was growing nervous now and the clock ticked on and her nerves threatened her. She had searched every nook and every corner of the room, the microphone was not there. She couldn't remember a time when she didn't preform with it, heck, she always preformed with it. She ran quickly from the room just as BrokeNCYDE was called to the stage. "No! This can't be happening!". She ran faster and met up with Se7en exactly where he said he'd be.

" Come on Rizz, we gotta go" He said pulling her towards the stage but she wouldn't budge, she couldn't sing without it

" My microphone, it's gone, I can't preform without it." Reno cried out trying to keep Se7en on the ramp

" We'll get you a different one, come on, we have to go" He tried pulling at her arm again but she wouldn't go

" That's the last thing my father gave to me before he died, Sev, I can't sing without it. I need to feel like he's there with me, I have to have it"

As Reno finished her sentence Antz came rushing over and tried to get them onto stage. Se7en wanted to go and just leave the crying girl there, but seeing her cry broke his heart into a million pieces. Se7en quickly told Antz what had happened and said he wouldn't go unless she did, he couldn't. Their manager came over once he knew they weren't getting on that stage any time soon.

" What are you doing? Can't you hear?! You have to get on stage now" He said angrily

" Rizz lost her microphone, it was the last thing her father gave to her before he died. She can't preform without it" Se7en said looking right into his managers eyes

" Well she has to"

Reno was handed a normal looking microphone and pushing towards the stage. She could now hear the fans screaming loudly. She had wanted this her whole life so why would a microphone stop her. She faked a smile and ran out onto the parquet stage. They started off with True Love, the song that Reno disliked the most. They sang/screamed until their throats couldn't take it anymore. Reno's was worse than the boys', hers hurt from the lump forming in her throat. She wanted to cry the entire time but held it back as best as possible. "Face it Reno, he's gone and he isn't coming back. You've lost the last thing he ever gave you and now you have nothing. No one", her mind was something that told her the truth, sometimes it was the only thing that told her the truth. Just as the last song started the tears broke free and she rushed quickly off the stage. She threw the plain microphone down onto the hard floor and heard it shatter at the impact, she didn't care. Her whole body started to shake without warning. The tears rushed down her cheeks faster than ever before. She was ruining herself, the loss had always been hard but before now she had something from him... a piece of him. Someones arms were around her in seconds and she sobbed into their chest.

" Shh, Rizz, your gonna be okay" She knew that voice, she'd recongize it from anywhere, it was Se7en.

She sobbed more but after a few minutes the tears stopped but her eyes were still glossed over. Her throat was dry and her cheeks were tear stained. She was at her worst but Se7en still thought she was beautiful, she would be beautiful no matter what she did or how she looked.

" Let's take you back to the bus, okay? Antz go apologize to the fan, tell em' anything but the truth. They don' need ta know" Se7en said

He picked up the almost weightless body and carried her out of the venue. She knew the fans would be disappointed but they would be okay, she on the other hand, may not be. By the time they reached the bus Reno was crying again, not about her father but about the show. She knew she had ruined everything. She thought everybody was going to hate her, but that wasn't true. Nobody hated her for having feelings, if they did then everybody would hate everybody. Se7en took her into the bus and layed her down in her bunk. She slipped off her skinny jean pants and her over shirt before curling up into a ball. Neither of them cared about the fact that she was half naked, heck, it didn't even phase them. Se7en joined her in the bunk after removing the, way to tight, jeans. He wrapped his small, tattoo covered, arms around her waist and pulled her closer. This wasn't the normal Se7en, I'm sure you know that by now, but he has a caring side too.

" Just relax for a little while, okay? I'll be right here when you wake up" He whispered softly before running his fingers through her hair

Moments like these were ones they both wished would last forever. Only, they never did. Nothing gold can stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in like forever! So this is the longest chapter I have like ever written. I hope you enjoy this! There is a lot of drama now but things are going to mellow out here in a little while. I might update again later, if you give me the comments then I"ll do the updating. Kay thanks :)

-Reno