Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Confessions

I tried to sleep but Leah continued to wake me up. If I had all my energy back than I would seriously shove a pillow in her face. On the plus side I’m slightly use to the noise now so everything doesn’t bother me as much, but it still bothers me a lot.

She kept making me get up and get notebooks or paper or something else that I would need for today. She couldn’t have had practice today (they announced who made the soccer team, football team and cheer squad a few days ago) the one day I wanted to sleep in.

“Come-on class starts in 30 minutes and we have a campus to walk across”

“We didn’t even eat breakfast yet”

“We would have if you would have gotten up now lets move, move, move!” she yelled.

“Shut up already and I’ll get up”

She didn’t respond. I slowly crawled out of my bed and stood up. I grabbed my notebooks and things off the nightstand. Leah grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the door. I tried to pull my hand out of her grasp but she only tightened her grip.

“When are you going to stop dragging me everywhere?”

“As soon as you learn to pick up the pace”

We reached the elevator and she let go of my wrist.

“Do you think Sam and Scarlet are going to go to class today?” she asked over the annoying elevator music.

“Sam maybe, Scarlet no”

Leah laughed and incredibly loud and annoying laugh. “That’s so true”

“Still drunk here”

She leaned in closer to me ear and laughed some more. I winced and covered my ear. This only earned another laugh from Leah. I swear I’m going to strangle her by the end of the day.

“So what class do you have right now?” Leah asked as we left the building.

I looked down at my schedule. “History” I looked up and winced from the sunlight. I covered my eyes with me free hand. I should have brought some sunglasses with me.

“I figured that you would need these,” Leah said as she nudged me.

I uncovered my eyes and saw a pair of black sun glasses. I quickly grabbed them and put them on.

Sadly, I didn’t have class with Leah first period but on the plus side, if I want to sleep I can.

I entered the classroom and immediately felt happy. I saw Chris on the far end of the class room talking to John. I didn’t really want to see John but, who cares.

“Hey you two” I said as I reached them.

Chris groaned loudly and covered his ears. “I know what you mean,” I said.

I sat down next behind Chris and John.

John turned to face me and smirked. “What?” I asked.

“Talk to Matt lately?” he asked.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion at him.

“Oh yeah” Chris said as he turned to face me as well.

I slightly tilted my head to the side. I looked back and forth between the two of them.

“You don’t remember?” Chris asked.

“If I remembered don’t you think that I would have said something about it by now” I retorted.

“So you don’t remember?”

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t remember anything from last night”

John smiled. “Please, please let me do the honors” he said to Chris. Chris motioned for him to start explaining.

“Well you were a little…tipsy…last night and started dancing with Matt but then you pulled him onto the table and started grinding on him. Then you took his shirt off and kept grinding on him. And just so you know this was all after you made out with some college guy whose name I can’t remember”

My jaw dropped and practically hit the floor. I pointed to myself and John nodded with a smile, so did Chris.

I groaned and put my head in my hands. Images from last night began rushing back to me. I remembered everything from the house. I even remembered grinding on Scarlet. Why me? “Oh God”

“Well if it helps,” John began “I was extremely entertained last night by your antics”

I shot him a quick glare. Then I remembered the reason why I started drinking… Eric. He told me that he loved me that night. I started to clench my fist together. This only proved my point that love doesn’t exist; he only said that hoping that it would make me sleep with him.

“That’s not even the worse part, you--” “I GET IT!” I yelled cutting John off.

“Someone’s stressed”

“And no I don’t need you to calm me down”

He shrugged. “Suit yourself. You’ve seen my work with Sam”

“Has your girlfriend”

“Burn” Chris said. John shot him a glare before turning around to face the door. I smiled triumphantly.

The teacher entered the door in silence. I’m guessing since class hasn’t started yet he wasn’t going to say anything just yet. He was young to be a teacher. He looked about in his late twenties or early thirties. I know this isn’t young, but I’m use to most of my teachers being middle age or older.

As soon as the bell rang, Anthony and Eric walked through the door. I thought about asking Anthony about last night but I forgot when I saw Eric. I wanted to just walk up to him cause a scene and punch him, but I knew that I didn’t have the energy for that right now.

Eric looked at me and our eyes locked for a brief moment. It wasn’t like it normally is when we look at each other. I was glaring at him while his eyes were filled with sorrow. I didn’t care though. I didn’t have any empathy for him or sympathy. I wanted him to feel bad.

I quickly turned away from him.

“Well Mr. Blackwood, it seems as if you and your friend have made it just in time,” the teacher said.

“Same with you Mr. K. How’s the daughter?”

I saw the teacher shoot him a quick glare then a smile. “Her and her boyfriend are doing just fine but I’ll tell her you said hello”

Anthony nodded, and then looked in my direction. Our eyes locked for a quick second but it felt like forever.

His eyes held a shocked emotion yet something else. As if, he was searching for something. He was looking to see if I knew something or was going to respond to something, but what was that something.

Eric look back and forth between Anthony and I with a worried look on his face, but I didn’t care. I wanted to know what Anthony was looking for, that and I couldn’t pull myself to look away.

Anthony soon broke eye contact and walked over to the opposite side of the room. He took a seat next to some guy who I recognized from the football team.

I was so busy watching him that I didn’t notice Eric sit next to me.

“Look can I at least explain what happened last night?” he whispered.

I looked him in the eyes. “No” I firmly stated.

“Please”

“NO!”

“Is there something that you two wish to share with the class?” Mr. K asked.

“Were you listening I said no,” I said. I immediately realized what I had just said. “I’m sorry but I’d rather not if you don’t mind”

Mr. K nodded and then began his introduction then role call.

I didn’t pay attention at all during class. I was too busy trying to ignore the stares I was getting from Eric and trying to figure out what the something that Anthony was looking for.

The bell rang and I grabbed my books and quickly left the class room.

“Alexis wait” I heard Eric yell through the hall but I only quickened my pace.

He grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him. “Look Alexis let me explain”

I knew that he was serious because he never called me Alexis but I didn’t care. “There’s nothing to explain. You wanted to sleep with me so you said that you loved me only you were so drunk that you forgot one very important thing, I DON’T BELIEVE IN LOVE!” I didn’t care who was listening or who heard me.

“I’m sorry that it seemed like that and came out that way but--” “Seemed like that, seemed like that, it didn’t seem like anything that’s exactly what happened” I interrupted.

“Alexis--” “Don’t Alexis me. You should know better than anyone that I don’t believe in love and you know exactly why. Not only that, but you know that one of the reason is because people just say it to use you, and that’s exactly what you did or at least tried to do”

“I know but--” “No you don’t know, I DON’T CARE HOW DRUNK YOU WERE THAT IS ONE THING THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT ME…ALWAYS!” I was yelling at the top of my lungs in the middle of the hallway. Some people stopped and watched the scene unfold but I didn’t care. I just wanted to tell Eric exactly how I felt.

“I’M TRYING TO SAY THAT IM SORRY BUT YOU’RE NOT LETTING ME!”

“DON’T YOU THINK THERE’S A REASON FOR THAT?”

He fell silent. He suddenly took an interest in his shoes. I snatched my wrist from his grasp.

“NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOU PROBALY DON’T EVEN REGRET SAYING IT!”

His head shot up and stared me down. He took a step closer to me but I didn’t budge. I was glaring daggers at him, hoping that my stare would scare him off but it didn’t.

“You’re right I don’t regret it, I DON’T REGRET FINALLY TELLING EXCATLY HOW I FEEL. I REGRET THAT I WAS SO DURUNK THAT IT CAME OUT DURING THE WRONG MOMENT BUT I DON’T REGRET THAT IT CAME OUT!”

A circle had formed around us. People were watching s if a fight had broken out. Some teachers even came out into the hallway to see what the source of all the commotion was.

He took another step forward but I maintained my composure. “YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DO REGRET?”

“OH SO YOU DO REGRET SOMETHING, WELL LETS HERE WHAT THE FUCK IT IS!”

“I REGRET THAT IT HAD TO BE YOU”

I heard gasp all around me, including myself only not as loud. I stopped glaring at blankly stared at him.

“I regret that I had to fall in love with a girl who can’t, no correction, won’t love me back” he spoke in a calm voice that matched his serious facial expression. “She’s so stuck on something that happened in her past and has nothing to do with her that she won’t admit that she has feelings for me. I regret that there are so many girls here that would love to have a guy admit that he loves her; in the middle of the fucking hallway for everyone to hear, but instead I pick the stubborn hard headed one, whom I can’t seem to just get over.”

I heard many awe’s and she doesn’t deserve hims come from the hallway but I didn’t care. He was only making this harder for me.

I did the only thing that I could do; I turned on my heel and ran. I didn’t have to worry about pushing through the crowd because most of them moved out of my way.

The tears forming in my eyes blurred my vision as I continued to run. I was blindly running through the building but luckily, I knew that the front doors wee straight ahead.

I heard someone calling my name but I didn’t slow down I continued to run.

The front doors slowed me down since I had to push the heavy doors opened but I soon was running down the front step.

Once I reached the bottom of the steps, I felt someone grab my arm and spin me to face them. I dropped my books but I didn’t care.

I couldn’t’ see who was currently holding me because of my blurred vision, but I knew exactly who it was when the person embraced me and a comfortable warmth engulfed my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun. I hate to admit it but this is one of my favorite chapters.

So what did you guys think about the chapter? What do you guys think about Eric and Alexis? Who was the person who comforted Alexis?

Subcribe, comment, message :-)

And thanks for reading.