Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Comfort

I buried my head in his chest and let the tears silently fall. My emotions were getting the best of me. I couldn’t handle it anymore.

My best friend just confessed a un-truth for me. It’s like a child waking up on Christmas morning and sees all there present. They read the label which reads love mom and dad then turn to face there parents with there face glowing. They then tell there parents that they’re so happy that Santa came to visit them. The child is so oblivious to the truth even when it is staring them in the face, yet the parents look at the child and agrees with the child’s statement. As the child grows older, the parents must soon reveal the truth to their feeble minded child. When the child learns the truth they don’t resent themselves for believe it, but rather the parents for stringing them along for so long. They may not resent the parents for long since it is only a fairy tale and they have such young minds, but they will resent them.

What was the purpose of this metaphor; crushing someone’s dreams is hard so why do it, but the day will soon come when the truth must be reveled. You must pick the right time to revel the truth because when the person becomes older they decided to resent themselves for believing such a fairy tale.

Eric probably doesn’t hate me but he hates himself for loving me (supposedly). What’s the difference between Eric and the child; Eric has been told a myth not a fairy tale. Myths are harder to let go rather than fairy tales. Myths are more realistic therefore; you hate your self even more for believing it.

That’s not what makes me sad. What makes me sad is knowing that I’m the reason for him hating himself. He doesn’t hate himself for believing it but rather hates that his fairy tale can’t have a happy ending, and I’m the reason that it can’t.

I started to cry even harder but it was still silent. I wrapped my arms around Anthony and buried my face further into his chest. I didn’t want to let him go.

He was the only thing I had right now and I wanted him. I felt safe in his arms. I felt comfort.

I slowly began to stop crying as Anthony rubbed circles onto my back. I stopped crying and listed to Anthony’s heartbeat.

It was steady and soothing. It was like my own personal lullaby. When my tears were all dried up, I still didn’t speak. I was enjoying the rhythm of his heart beat. It was fast and quick, yet slow and steady. I listened closely and noticed that occasionally our hearts would beat at the same pace. Normally I would have been slightly creeped out by what I found out but I was to relax by his heart beat to care.

We stood like this in silence just embracing each other. Strangely, I wasn’t uncomfortable or concerned with who saw at all. He was my safety net for now and I didn’t want to let him go. I wanted to stay in his arms forever. For once, I didn’t contradict my thoughts. I didn’t care that I was currently in the arms of my best-friends crush; all I cared about was being in his arms.

“You okay?” he asked into my hair.

I nodded in response still not ready to speak.

I reluctantly let him go and we pulled apart but he continued to hold my shoulders. He looked into my eyes with a serious expression.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded once more before looking at the ground.

“I’m kind of shocked that Eric would do that in the middle of the hallway I mean…” he trailed off at the end. “Sorry I shouldn’t be talking about it right now”

“No it’s okay,” I mumbled. “Everyone else is going to be talking about it so I should get use to it”

“You know what…you look like you could use some ice cream”

I smiled. Ice cream sounded good right about now. “I wish I could but I have to get to class” I bent down to pick up my stuff but Anthony beat me to it.

“Well when’s your free period?”

“I think its right before lunch”

He handed me my things. “Well then meet me in front of the main office before lunch”

“Why are you so bipolar?” I questioned with a smirk.

He raised his eyebrows at me. “What do you mean?”

“Well when ever it’s just me and you, you become well…nice but whenever we’re around people you become this cocky jerk”

“That’s not true”

I gave him a look that said yes it is.

“I was, as you put it, a cocky jerk when we were by the tree the first day I met you”

“Well why are you being so nice to me now”

“You looked like you needed someone right now and I just happen to always be around when you need me”

I raised my eyebrow and tilted my head in confusion. “What do you mean always?”

He hesitated. “I was there for you last night wasn’t I?”

“I hate to burst your bubble but I don’t remember anything after dancing on the table with Mike”

His eyes went wide. “So…you don’t remember?”

“Is there something that I’m supposed to remember?”

He fell silent and began looking at the ground.

“Does this have anything to do with your belt?”

His eyes went wide once again. He opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out.

I stood there and waited for a response. Neither of us said anything. The wind started to pick up and I put my hood on and continued to wait.

“Well” I said finally fed up with the silence.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him nervous before but it sure looked like he was nervous now. “Well --” he was cut off by the late bell.

I groaned. “Why don’t you tell me over ice cream okay?”

He simply nodded.

I turned on my heel and walked off.

Despite everything that had just happened between me and Eric, I was happy. The wind was blowing but I was still warm; the warm feeling that I got from Anthony’s arms being around me never left.

It was comforting but I still wanted to be in his arms, listening to his heart beat.

Then a realization hit me that made the warm feeling disappear.

I think I like Anthony.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best work but i think it's still good. What do you guys think?

Shout out to dreamerx3 and VoILeYbAILeR7 for commenting about my story.

More and more people are slowly starting to read my story. Thanks for reading you guys.