Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Guilt

I got to my English class late but the teacher cut me some slack since it was the first day. I think the real reason is that she knows what happened in the hallway between Eric and me. It wouldn’t surprise me if she did, everyone else knew. Many people started at me when I entered the room late.

Much to my dismay London was in my class and so was Matt. Matt winked at me when I entered the room but I rolled my eyes and walked to the only available seat in the room, next to London.

I tried to ignore her but of course London being London wouldn’t let that happen.

“It’s a shame what happened between you and Eric”

I didn’t respond but kept my gaze on Ms. Jones.

“And what’s the shame you may ask; Eric has horrible taste when he’s sober”

I quickly turned to face her. “What the hell are you talking about?”

She began to smirk. I wanted to smack that smirk right off her damn face. “Well I thought Eric would have told you since he told you everything else”

“Well he didn’t so talk” I spat.

“Touchy are we?”

I glared daggers at her. She thought that she knew everything.

“There’s no need to be angry Alexis, besides now that you have Anthony temporarily of course you don’t need Eric”

“Excuse me but who said that I had Anthony…who said that I wanted Anthony” I lied. I wanted him but not that badly.

“You didn’t have to. I saw you two outside of Sparrow hall” she smirked. “And on a positive note, so did Eric. You just love breaking that boy’s heart don’t you?”

I didn’t have a response. I didn’t know what to say. It’s not like I wanted to break his heart but it’s not like I could lie to his face and say that I believe in a myth.

I sighed and set my gaze back to the front of the room. I could see London smirking out of the corner of my eye but for once, I didn’t care.

Knowing that I broke my best friend’s heart was something that I don’t think that I can get over easily.

Class went by like a blur. We didn’t do much but that didn’t stop Ms. Jones from assigning us homework.

I still felt horrible after class. The fact that people were watching me as I walked through the halls only made me feel worse.

How is it my fault that I know that love doesn’t exist?

I was walking to the main office to meet Anthony when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around to find Sam running towards me.

“Hey, are you okay?” she asked once she reached me.

I sighed. “Yeah as go as one can get when they lead someone on for 3 years”

“It was only two”

I blinked a few times. How does Sam now how long it was?

“He told me last year” she replied with a shrug.

“But wasn’t he dating that Maria chick last year”

She nodded. “Why do you think they broke up?”

I groaned. He broke up with his girlfriend for me, for nothing.

“I think you two should talk”

“Are you insane?”

“No I just--” “You must be still hung over then. Sam did you see what happened when we talked in the hallway earlier. Even if you didn’t see it I know you heard about it” I interrupted.

“Yes I heard but--” “Then why would I want to put myself in that situation again?”

“Let me finish my fucking sentence already!”

“Why the fuck should I?”

“Because since Eric is your best friend you should at least talk to him and I mean talk; not that fucking yelling shit that you two did in the damn hallway”

I fell silent. Sam had a point, Eric was my best friend or at least I hope that he still was.

“And on another note,” Sam began “This is an example of how love does exist. Why else would he basically say that he cares about you more than anyone else in front of….a lot of people?”

I rolled my eyes. I should have known that Sam would find a way back to this subject. Although she wouldn’t let up on the subject, everything she said was true. I almost believed her………………almost.

“Look I have to go, I’m supposed to be meeting Anthony in--” “I’ve been meaning to ask you about that” she interrupted.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “I may have been completely drunk and out of it so I may have imagined seeing this but, did you leave the party with Anthony last night?” she questioned with a smirk on her face.

“Yeah and?”

She raised her eyebrows twice suggestively. “Did somebody relieve some stress and didn’t tell me”

I rolled my eyes once more although a smile was on my face. I hated to admit it but the thought of having sex with Anthony was….well….not a bad idea to me. Except for the fact that he’s my best friends crush.

But you still like him

I said that I might I never said that I do

I am you and I think I now when I like someone

Whatever

“I got to go Sam”

“Mmhmm” she said as she continued to smirk.

“All I know is, if there’s something going ton between you two I need to know. And don’t say that I don’t because the only other person that you would tell is Leah and she would probably kill you.”

I laughed. There was no probably about it, Leah would definitely murder me in my sleep.

“You know it’s true,” Sam said as she started laughing

“Too bad nothings going on between us”

“So you want something to be going on between you and him”

“Oh my gosh stop analyzing everything I say” I joked.

I turned on my heel and walked off. “You’re going to make me late” I called over my shoulder.

I continued walking. When I saw the main office in the distant, I felt my phone vibrate inside of my jacket pocket.

I pulled it out revealing a text from Sam.

Ok miss VIP have fun with Mr. BIG lol c how I did that yea I’m awesome 

I laughed and put my phone away. Sometimes Sam has her moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was mostly a filler but its still important to the chapter.

Do you guys think that Alexis will really talk to Eric? I never got a chance to ask you guys this but what do you think about London?

Thanks to everyone whose reading my story.