Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

PDA

“Oh my gosh that’s so cute” Leah cooed as we walked towards the cafeteria. “So are you going to date?”

I told Leah what had happened between Eric and me this morning and she went into girl mode. She wouldn’t stop gushing over the fact that we kissed. She said that the fact that we practically made out in a pool just made it even better. I just simply agreed with everything she said not wanting to reveal the real reason why I decided to be friends with benefits with Eric.

“Leah calm down already we’re not in a relationship”

“But you could be, and that would be so cute!” she cooed again.

I simply rolled my eyes and pushed the cafeteria door open. I immediately spotted Sam, Chris and John at a round table near the back of the lunch room. Sam spotted me and waved Leah and I over.

“Hey guys” Leah greeted once we reached the table. The said hi and we sat down. I sat down on the opposite side of the table in between Chris and Leah, while Leah sat next to Sam who was sitting next to John. I put my book in front of me and noticed that John’s girlfriend wasn’t with him. I shrugged it off not really caring and started eating some of Chris’ fries.

“You could have asked you know,” he said while scooting hid fries away from me.

“I could but I thought that you would be use to me eating your food by now,” I explained while taking another fry. Chris stuck his tongue out at me playfully and I grabbed another fry and smiled.

“So Sam it looks like you’re not the only one with an f… I mean friend with benefits anymore,” Leah said. Sam sipped her fruit punch and motioned for Leah to continue.

“Leah is this really necessary?” I asked trying to stall Leah from telling everyone what was going on.

She gave me a look that said ‘yes’ before turning back around to face Sam. “Well Alexis has one and I don’t want to tell all her business and all but….” She trailed off at the end. I shook my head knowing that she was going to tell them anyway. I wouldn’t be able to stop her but it’s not that nig a deal. If I really wanted to stop her, I could. Besides, they were bound to find out anyway with the amount of PDA that I’m planning on showing. “It’s Eric!” she nearly yelled.

Sam started choking on her soda causing Chris and me to laugh. John coughed trying to cover up his laughter but we all knew.

“You’re joking right?” Sam asked before turning to face me.

“Sorry I can’t talk with food in my mouth” I stalled. Before she could object, I stuffed about five fries into my mouth. I didn’t want to look like a slob but I wanted to put a decent amount of fries in my mouth so I couldn’t talk.

Sam gave me a look that said ‘you’re telling me later’ before starting a conversation with John and Chris. I knew Sam meant every word that she implied. She would get me to tell her later, but as I said before I don’t care. She’s going to find out eventually.

As of on cue, they walked in; they consisted of everyone from this morning in the pool. What were they some kind f cult now? Do they have to go everywhere together? I ignored them and went back to eating fries.

“That’s so not true!” Leah shouted at Chris.

“It sooo is” he mocked.

Before I could ask what they were arguing about, someone covered my eyes from behind. I immediately knew who it was. “Do I get any hints?” I questioned playing along.

“Well you know him,” Leah said.

“And you wouldn’t answer my question about him earlier” Sam added.

My suspicion was confirmed by my hints. I leaned my head back to face the person although I couldn’t see him because he was still covering my eyes.

“Hey Eric”

He uncovered my eyes before smiling down at me. “Hey yourself”

“Awe that’s so cute you two” Leah gushed. Was this girl listening to anything I said before about us not being in a relationship? Obviously not because she won’t stop gushing and cooing about it. She doesn’t coo about Sam and John, so why is it such a big deal about Eric and me.

I rolled my eyes in her direction and gave her a look that read ‘shut-up’. She responded by giving me a look that said, ‘I don’t think so’. I rolled my eyes before I spotted the table that Anthony was sitting at. He was the perfect distance away, far enough so that they couldn’t hear each other but close enough to see each other perfectly. Could this be anymore perfect?

I stood up and let Eric sit in my seat before I sat on his lap. No one made a big deal over this since we’ve been doing this since we became best friends. Everyone at the table went back to their conversations, although Sam kept giving me side glances, I guess she was trying to see if anything was going to happen.

I sat there waiting for the perfect moment to strike. I side glance and saw Anthony talking to someone across from him, meaning that he could see me but wasn’t focusing on me, perfect timing. I turned around to face Eric. He raised his eyebrow at me. “Now you and I both know that, that’s not how you wanted to greet me,” I said slightly above a whisper.

He chuckled slightly before placing his lips on mine. I heard someone at the table gasp and I was sure that it was Sam.

“Gross” a male voice said. I pulled away from Eric, turned around and saw Seth standing there with a look of utter disgust etched onto his face.

“You know, it’s okay to put ketchup on your fries Lexis,” Eric said to me. I cocked my head to the side not understanding what he was saying. Then I remembered that I was eating fries right before I kissed him.

I laughed when Seth pretended to gag. “Okay I think I can keep it down” he said.

“Well I can’t” Chris added. “What the hell was that?”

I rolled my eyes. “Nothing” I plainly replied.

“The hell it wasn’t” Sam added. I rolled my eyes and ignored her comment. “Don’t think that not answering me will get you out of it,” I continued to remain silent. “Fine don’t tell me now, but you’re telling me later”

“And if you don’t I will” Leah added.

“And she’s telling me too regardless of whether you tell Sam or not” Chris added.

“Hey I want to know too, don’t leave me out of this” John added.

“What is this, the who wants to know Alexis business and how they’re going to find out discussion?” I questioned. Seriously, not everyone has to know. Okay if they have this lunch period, then they might have seen us but jeez, that doesn’t mean that everyone who saw has to know. Okay I’m going to stop now because I’m confusing myself.

Everyone simply looked at me. Leah blinked a few times along with Sam. “Well whatever this is can we not talk about what just happened because I would like to keep my breakfast in my stomach,” Seth added while pulling up a chair and sitting down.

“Who said you were sitting with us freshmen?” Sam questioned. He simply shot her a smile and a wink causing everyone at the table to erupt with laughter.

“Is your brother asking for a death sentence?” I questioned to Eric.

He simply shrugged in response. Everyone at the table continued to laugh and react as Sam and Seth argued back and forth during lunch. I knew that everyone was still thinking about what just happened but it was being pushed further into the back of everyone’s minds the more that Sam and Seth argued.

I gave a side glance and noticed that Anthony was just talking to some guy at the table, completely unaffected.

So close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay sorry about not posting for a while guys. My glasses were broken and my mom thought that it was best for me not to be on the computer so i wouldn't strain my eyes. *insert eye roll here* lol get eye roll and straining my eyes. (sorry for the lame joke but its late and i tend to get bored)

Anway, thanks to everyone for reading and giving me feedback. This may be asking for much but i need some serious critisim right now (it helps me write more and better). I'm starting to run out of ideas so i would like to hear you guys suggestions.

And sorry about the chapters being shorter than usual. (Is it just me or am i apoligizing to much here)

Any who, remember comment message rate and subscribe.