Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Bathroom chat

When I was together, I decided that I should go to class. When I picked up my things, someone ran through the door and to the stall. I knew that it was Sam by the flash of red hair that I saw go pass me. The next thing I heard was Sam throwing her guts into the toilet. I set my things back onto the counter and went into the stall with her.

I grabbed her hair and pulled it back. She looked up at me and smiled before throwing up again. I looked away completely fucking disgusted. This is what best friends do for each other; help them in their time of need. Even though I would rather not have front row seats to see what Sam ate this morning, it’s what I have to do. That and I don’t want to see her like this. If I were throwing my guts up into a toilet, I would want Sam to hold my hair.

Eventually Sam stopped and handed me a black pony tail holder. I guess she was prepared incase someone wasn’t around to help. I pulled her hair into a high pony tail as she flushed the toilet before we exited the small stall. I leaned against the counter as Sam pulled out a stick of gum.

“Please don’t make me throw up,” she said before putting the gum into her mouth.

“I take it that you’ve been doing this all day”

She groaned before leaning against the counter next to me. She crossed her arms over her chest. “I don’t know why they call it morning sickness, it last all day”

My face fell. Did she just say morning sickness, if she has morning sickness than that means….oh no. “Sam are you pregnant?” I questioned now standing in front of her. She looked down at her feet and nodded. My mouth fell open, Sam, pregnant. I know that she and John have their ‘fun’ but she said that they were safe. “But you said that you were safe” I said slightly raising my voice.

“We were….most of the time,” she mumbled.

“Sam do you realize what’s going on, you have a living thing growing inside of you now that you have to take care of when you can barely take care of yourself. NOT TO MENTION THAT THE FATHER HAS A DAMN GIRLFRIEND!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE OF YOU THIS WAS?!”

Tears started forming in her eyes. Normally Sam wouldn’t have started crying, so I knew that the hormones were getting to her. I knew that I shouldn’t have yelled at her, but this I couldn’t help it. Leah and I warned Sam about something like this happening when she first told us but she said that they were safe; apparently, when she said that she didn’t mean all the time.

I sighed before hugging her. She sniffed and told herself that she wasn’t going to cry. She didn’t, but tears were still forming. I felt sorry for my best friend. I wish that I knew how she felt, only so that I could comfort her.

When we separated Sam still looked as if she wanted to cry. “Do you know how far along you are?” she shook her head no.

“All I know is that there’s something growing inside of me but I think I might be about 3 weeks since that was the last time me and John were….together. But I’m going off campus tomorrow, since its Saturday to see a doctor” she explained.

I nodded showing that I understood. It would be smart to go see a doctor so she can be prepared. Then a thought crossed my mind that I had to ask. “So does John know yet?”

“HELL NO!” she exclaimed. “Like you said he has a girlfriend and telling him that he has a child would not be a good idea”

“You’re going to have to tell him at some point, and I think he’s going to notice when your stomach blows up and you can’t say that it was bad Chinese food”

“That’s only if I keep it,” she mumbled while looking at her feet.

My mouth fell agape. How could she even consider doing something like that? “Sam NO! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?”

“I’m just saying that it’s an option. Besides you said that you were for abortion”

“No” I corrected. “I said that if I was raped I MIGHT abort it but this is different. You weren’t raped, at all. This child deserves to live”

She started to tear up again. “But I don’t know if I could do this” she said. Her voice was cracking as she spoke. I knew that she was inches away from breaking down into sobs. “W-What are m-my p-parents going t-to t-t-think?”

I hugged Sam again and told her that everything was going to be okay. This time she began to cry. I had never seen Sam like this. It might have been a combination of her hormones and the stress. Sam never cries unless it’s something serious, then again this is serious. We were in there for a while with Sam just crying.

Eventually she stopped and we separated again. I asked her if she would be okay and she nodded while wiping away her tears. We stood there in silence as Sam regained her composure.

“So you and Anthony huh?” she questioned with a smirk playing against her lips. My mouth fell. How did she know? “I over heard Chris leaving you a message about it, so tell me what’s going on”

“Nothing really we just…..” I said trailing off at the end.

“Just tell me what happened and where you two were”

“Well we went to get ice cream and then the storm hit so we went back to the dean’s place since he has a key and all”

“THE D--” I covered her mouth before she could finish.

“Nod your head if you’re not going scream” she nodded her head so I uncovered her mouth. She motioned for me to continue. “We stayed the night there and basically all day today” I finished.

“Did anything happen between you two?” she questioned. I didn’t know whether I should tell Sam or not. Sure it was amazing spending that much time with Anthony but I don’t know if I should tell Sam yet. Then again, she just told me about her being pregnant so telling her about Anthony shouldn’t be a big deal or anything right.

“Well we…kinda sorta…..made out”

Sam’s mouth fell before becoming a huge smile. “This is probably the hormones speaking but that’s so great. I mean I’ve seen the way he looks at you and have just been like damn that guys got it bad and now you two are dating awe how sweet. Does Eric know?” she said in one huge breath.

“I told him that we couldn’t be friends with benefits anymore and we’re not dating…not officially anyway”

“Well you better fix that fast because Leah’s already pissed about you two being together last night so if you two aren’t dating that will just make it worse--” “LEAH KNOWS?” I interrupted. Sam nodded her head.

Damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will hopefully be posted soon. How do you guys think Leah will feel about Anthony and Alexis?

Shout out:
night89
maria2307

Comment rate message and subscribe