Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Nothing is going on

I opened the door to my room and closed it once I entered.

“And where the hell were you?” I heard Leah ask.

I turned to face her and saw her arms were crossed and she was trying her hardest not to smile. “I went to go get some Ice Cream”

Sam appeared behind Leah. “So not only did you walk off without telling anyone but you went and got ice cream and didn’t share. Now I ask this question, what the hell is wrong with you?”

I simply rolled my eyes as a response. “Hello are you still there?” she asked.

“I did share”

“With who”

“Anthony and Eric”

“So that’s where he went,” Leah mumbled.

“Okay I’ll let you off the hook since you were with your lover,” Sam said.

“He is not my lover, and we don’t like each other so will you please stop saying that we do”

“Oh come-on Lexi, you two practically act like a couple”

“No we don’t”

“Yes you do” Leah intruded. “I can see it in his eyes. That boy has a crush on you just admit it already”

“There’s nothing to admit. If he liked me he would have said something by now, I’ve known him since 10th grade why would he wait till senior year to tell me, honestly guys that just doesn’t make since”

“It’s because your crazy ass doesn’t believe in love and he probably loves you and is scared if your reaction” Sam intruded.

“I’m not crazy I’m realistic”

“No your ass is insane”

“No your ass’ are insane. Both of you have claimed to have fallen in love and met the perfect guy at least twice while we were here and both have ended with me picking up the pieces and me buying all the ice cream and snacks. Don’t you think that means something?” I explained while pushing past them.

“Yeah it means that we were foolish enough to fall for the wrong guy but that doesn’t mean that love doesn’t exist” Leah explained.

“You were foolish because you actually believe in some fantasy that humans just can’t seem to come to the realization with and face the fact that it doesn’t exist” I laid down on my back on Leah’s bed.

“Love does exist and we’re telling you that from experience. Sure we have had our hearts broken but in order for that to happen we would have had to fall in love with the guy or else we wouldn’t care”

I started to get frustrated with these two. Yes, they’re my best friends but they can be just as gullible as a child can when it comes to the matter of love. Why can’t these two just face the fact that they may have fallen in love but it was useless because true love doesn’t exist? In fact, love barely exists. There lucky that love is just a slight step up from infatuation or else I would be proving them wrong about that too.

“Besides you can’t compare teen relationships to love. Most of them are just flings anyway notice how I said most not all, like you and Eric’s relationship is defiantly not a fling.”

“Oh my fucking gosh me and Eric are not in any damn relationship, and he doesn’t love me. In addition, I'm not comparing it to just teen relationships, have you noticed how high the divorce rates are in the world not just America but the world, the fucking world. Now this isn’t me just saying this but that shit means something.” I yelled now sitting at the Edge of Leah’s bed facing them.

“When are you going to fucking realize that those are just facts saying that everyone hasn’t fallen in love with the right person but some have. You just haven’t seen anyone in love. You would have if you opened your damn eyes and looked at how Eric looks at you but you’re to damn stubborn to do it.” Sam said.

“Look this is getting no where so lets just call it a truce for now okay,” Leah said. That’s Leah for you, the peace maker when Sam and I argue, actually the peace maker anytime Sam argues.

“Okay” Sam and I said in unison.

“Group hug!” Leah said.

“You’re such a girly girl” Sam responded.

I just laughed but joined in the embrace anyway.

As if on cue, Sam’s phone began to sing invented sex. Leah and I rolled our eyes as Sam dived for her phone, which was on my bed.

See Sam has what she calls a stress reliever. His name is John. They’re fuck buddies, just that nothing more. If Sam is under any kind of stress or is worried about something, she goes to John, so we usually hardly ever see her around midterms and finals. If he is worried or stressed about something, he comes to Sam. They go to each other no matter what. He’s even come to Sam when he was in a relationship with someone and she’s gone to him under the same circumstances. Leah and I continuously tried to get her to stop but she’s addicted to him. Eventually we just gave up and said that at least he’s the only guy that she sleeps with. Besides, Sam has a temper and it gets worse when she’s under stress, so I guess everyone wins. Although this works for Sam, I would never get a fuck buddy. It sounds to whorish for me (but don’t get me wrong I don’t think Sam is a whore), and I’m still a virgin (and no one knows that I’m a virgin except for Leah and Sam. It just something that I don’t discuss) so I don’t want to lose that to a guy whom I’m never going to be in a relationship with.

“Do you’ll think she will ever learn?” Leah whispered in my ear.

“Hell no, apparently he’s to good”

Leah giggled and I just rolled my eyes. I’m not really much of a giggler unless I’m flirting with someone.

“Okay that great, I’m glad to know that you made it to campus safely” we overheard Sam say.

“That’s not all she’s happy about!” I yelled.

Sam shot me a playful glare as if saying, “Yes I’m happy about that too but I don’t want him to know”

“He says hey guys,” she said.

“Hey John tucker!” Leah and I shouted in unison. Is name isn’t actually John tucker but he reminds us of John tucker from John Tucker must die.

“Okay well I hope actually have a good roommate this year bye John” she said with out removing the phone from her ear. She knew what he was going to ask for but she always made it seem as if she didn’t know.

Leah and I heard John shout wait into the phone. “Hmm” Sam asked with a smirk on her face. The smirk soon vanished and a smile replaced it.

“Ding, ding, ding and the award for making a guy want you in less than 2 minutes goes to Sam” I said but not to loud for John to here.

“I guess I can come over but I still have a lot of unpacking to do so I won’t be over right away but I’ll try” she said before hanging up.

Sam jumped off the bed and ran towards the door. “Didn’t you just tell him that you had some unpacking to do so you wouldn’t be over there for a while?” Leah asked

“Yes”

“Why don’t you just go over there and surprise him?”

“Because he’s always better when I make him wait. Can you imagine how good he’s going to be all summer without his addiction? Sure, he probably screwed some little bitch but she’s not me. Oh God all that stored up energy and I’m making him wait” She closed her eyes and happily sighed. “I’m about to get my work out in for the week. Bye guys” She said while walking out of the room.

I shut the door and shook my head at Leah. “I know. Who knew that Sam would have a fuck buddy out of all of us?” Leah said.

“I know right”

FF to 30 minutes later

Leah and I were relaxing, watching a Pup named Scooby-do on cartoon network, what can I say we’re just big kids. Leah had try-outs in the morning so we decided hanging out a night wouldn’t be a smart idea. I didn’t have to stay inside with her but I didn’t want her to be by herself while I went out and had fun.

“Hey Lexi can I ask you something?” Leah asked.

“Is it that we can understand Scooby better as a puppy than as a dog?”

“No but that’s a good question. I wanted to know what you talked to Anthony about, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to I was just curious is all”

“No I can answer, we talked about you.”

Her face instantly lit up as soon as the words left my mouth. “Really? What about me?”

“He just asked about you so I told him that you were single and that you seemed to like him”

“You told him that I liked him”

“No I said it seems like you like him, but you know you do”

Leah began to blush and look the other way. “Did he say anything about me?”

“We’ll we didn’t get to talk much because then Eric came over and interrupted us. I guess Anthony felt like a third wheel so he left. I tried to get him to stay but he said that he had some unpacking to do and Eric distracted me before I could talk him into staying”

“But why would you want him to stay?”

“I felt bad for making him feel uncomfortable”

“Well Eric didn’t seem to mind” she replied with a smirk plastered on her face.

“Nothing is going on between me and Eric”

“Maybe not but Anthony must think so if he felt so uncomfortable that he left you two alone”

I didn’t respond. Leah had a point. Why else would Anthony leave? Besides with Sam constantly saying things about us being a couple I guess he just assumed that we wanted to be alone. I still feel bad about making him feel uncomfortable so I guess I’ll apologize tomorrow to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what excatly is going through everone else's head at this point. Only i know. Message and Rate please and thank you