Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Mornings aren't my thing

I woke up to the sounds of drawers being opened and closed repeatedly. “Leah what are you doing” I glanced over at the clock on the wall which read 5:45 am. “It’s almost 6 in the morning and I need my rest”

“I can’t find my toothbrush and I refuse to start off the tryouts with bad breath”

“Leah you’re a veteran all you have to do is show up to every try out and you made the team, so calm down” I replied

“But I need it”

I groaned and sat up to face her. I sleepily rubbed my eyes. “Did you check the medicine cabinet?”

“Yes I checked when I got the toothbrush”

“Now after that did you check the cabinet?”

“Yes were you listening?”

“I meant the one under the sink you douche”

Her mouth formed the shape of an Oh and she ran to the bathroom. She soon yelled that she had found it, so I laid back down on my bed. “Are you just going to sleep the day away?” she asked. I did not have to turn around to know that she was smirking as she asked me the question.

“Aren’t you going to be late for running your ass off?” I asked before burying my face into my pillow.

“At least I have an ass”

I threw one of my pillows at her but she caught it before it hit her. She tossed the pillow back to me. “You don’t have the best aim when you first wake-up”

I set the pillow back in place and laid down on it. “Why are you still here?”

“Grouchy too. I don’t want you to sleep your life away so I’m going to have someone to come wake you up later okay”

“I’m not a baby”

“But you’re acting like one”

“I’m not going to answer the door”

“I’ll give them my key”

“Can you just go already, you’re waking me up”

Leah giggled before I heard the door close. I happily sighed before making myself comfortable in my bed. I began to drift slowly into a peaceful sleep and I was in no mood to fight it.

A while later my phone began to sing hot mess on my nightstand. I simply turned over in my bed and faced the other side.

Once the ringing stopped, I happily sighed and tried to fall back asleep but the ringing started up again. I groaned and grabbed my phone, answering it in the process.

“What?” I spoke in a frustrated tone

“Whoa someone woke-up on the wrong side of the bed,” Chris said.

“That would be true if I had woken up yet”

“Well get up then”

“Okay I’m getting up as we speak” I lied. I didn’t move an inch despite what I said.

“Okay for real this time”

I groaned before rolling over in my bed. “Happy now”

“I don’t know lets find out”

Before I could question what he had said, the front door opened. Chris was soon standing at the foot of my bed smiling.

I pulled the covers over my head so I would not be seen. “Go away!”

In one swift motion, most of my covers were no longer on top of me and now on the floor. I glared at the now smirking Chris. “What the hell is wrong with you, I’m freezing now!” I hugged my knees to my chest.

Chris did not stop smirking; he remained unfazed by my comment.

“Why are you smirking?” I questioned as I continued to glare at him.

“I can see your ass in those shorts when you’re in that position”

I immediately released my legs and sat in a normal position. Did I mention that I sleep in a tank top and shorts in the summer, no, well I’m mentioning it to you now. When I say shorts I mean shorts, they are practically daisy dukes. Now I was wearing a yellow tank top, with black shorts.

“You’re such a perv”

“Only sometimes”

“Well right now you’re a perv who needs to get out so I can get dressed,” I said now standing in front of him with my hands on my hips.

“We’re just going to breakfast; you don’t need to get dressed”

“Yes I do, with all you horny teenagers around here I need to put something on”

Chris rolled his eyes and mumbled something that sounded similar to the word girls. He then grabbed my shoulders and started pushing me towards the door, which was still open by the way. “You’ll be fine; I won’t let you get raped this early in the morning”

We were now in the hallway and I jumped away from him. I turned to face him with my arms folded across my chest. “What do you mean this early in the morning?”

“Nothing oh nothing” he replied while shutting the door.

“Morning Alexis” A voice said form behind me.

I jumped, turning to face the person in the process. It was Anthony. I found myself admiring every detail about him, in a matter of seconds. He was wearing blue and gold basket ball shorts and a black tank top (guy’s version of course). His well toned, tan biceps were flexing as he folded them across his chest. His black hair looked as if it were still wet from his shower this morning. In one word, I would say that he looked effortlessly amazing (I know that was two words). Bad Alexis, your best friend has a crush on him, he’s off limits. Focus Alexis focus. I began to feel self conscious about the way I looked in front of him.

“Hello Alexis are you still there?” he asked snapping me out of my trance.

“Huh oh yeah sure I’m fine”

“Nice hair” he began to smirk.

“What?!” I frantically placed my hands on top of my head. I didn’t need a mirror to tell me that my hair was a complete mess. Nice going Alexis, you managed to make a fool of yourself and look a mess in front of a hot guy in less than 10 minutes. You have officially beaten your personal best.

“Okay now can we go I’m starving” Chris said with his arms around my shoulders.

“No!” I yelled. I panicked. I can’t go out in front of Anthony looking like this, wait yes I can because he’s off limits…but still.

Anthony raised his eyebrows in confusion along with Chris. “And why not?” Chris asked.

“Umm…because….” I looked down at my feet and saw an excuse. “I’m not wearing any shoes”

Chris sighed before handing me what I presumed was Leah’s key. “Make it quick”

I snatched the key out of his hands and walked into my room.

I grabbed a pair of black flip-flops before going into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my worst nightmare. I looked a complete mess. Although it’s not unusual to look less than acceptable when you first crawl out of bed, but I had just did this in front of a guy. Not just any guy for that matter, but Anthony; my best friend’s hot crush. That last thought just sounds wrong in so many ways.

I brushed my hair back before putting it into a pony tail. Then another thought crossed my mind. My breath probably smelled just as bad as I looked. Ugh great not only did I look the part but I smelled it too. I quickly brushed my teeth and needed back into the hallway to meet the guys.

“You were in there for ten minutes, what the hell took you so long?” Chris asked as I shut the door behind me.

“I couldn’t find my shoes” I lied. My flip flops were the first things I found.

“Girls” Chris said before walking down the hallway.

I rolled my eyes and began to follow him.

“I know you’re lying” Anthony whispered into my ear. I stopped dead in my tracks. Anthony was still behind me, I could feel his hot breath near my ear. I could feel goose bumps beginning to form on my skin, from him being so close to me. I closed my eyes and tried to control my increasing breathing rate. I tried to speak but my voice was caught in my now dry throat. I swallowed hard hoping that it would somehow help me get my voice back.

How is it possible that by him saying one thing to me, I loose my voice and get goose bumps? I never have goose bumps unless it’s cold outside.

“W-What?” I managed to choke out.

“You’re not a very good liar.” He said before walking ahead of me.

I was left standing there dumbfounded. What had just happened back there?

Before I could process anything, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me down the hall. I snapped out of my gaze and saw that it was Chris. “Were you not listening earlier when I said that I was starving” He pulled me into the elevator.

“Sorry I guess mornings aren’t my thing” I mumbled.

“Well we all know that”

I punched him in his shoulder. He rubbed the spot on his arm where I had punched him. “I would hate to be the guy that wakes up next to you in the morning”

“You say that like you have the option of being that guy” I countered with a smirk.

Chris glared at me for about a minute before smirking himself. “You say that like there actually was and will be a guy”

“Well…you don’t know everything about me” I said trying to regain my composure.

“I know enough”

“Fuck you”

“Sorry but according to you I’m not that guy” he replied with a smirk

As if on cue, the elevator doors opened and Chris walked out. I followed suit, glaring at his back in the process. So what if I’m a virgin, in 12th grade. That doesn’t mean that I never had the choice of having sex. I am not waiting until marriage though I just…I guess I’m just not ready. Look what he has me doing, questioning myself and making myself feel self conscious all because of one remark that he made. Yeah Chris is my best friend but his opinion on whether I have sex or not doesn’t matter a great deal to me.

“You just never cease to amaze me Alexis,” Anthony said now walking in step beside me.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I wouldn’t have pictured you as a virgin, but here you are exactly that”

“Being a virgin isn’t a bad thing you know, and don’t think that just because I’m a virgin that it means that no one wants to--” “I know” he intruded.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

“It also means that no one has”

“Thanks I didn’t know that” I sarcastically replied.

“I wouldn’t expect your naive mind too”

“Excuse me?”

“Virgins. There clingy and naive, which I why I tend to stay away from them”

“Typical, go after the sluts”

“Typical, a virgin feels rejected so she calls the experienced ones sluts”

I rolled my eyes. I have no idea what Leah sees in this guy, but whatever it is I don’t want to know. She can have him.

He chuckled before placing his arm across my shoulders and whispering “Don’t worry your not one of the virgins that I don’t like”

I felt heat immediately rush to my cheeks. My throat once again became dry. I was at a lost for words. Bad Alexis you are not allowed to let this guy make you feel this way.

For Leah’s sake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alexis seems to care alot about what Anthony thinks of her, but does he care....i don't think so. How will Leah react to how her friend is acting around her crush. Will Alexis even tell Leah about whats been going on. Only i know

Okay message and rate.