Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Scarlet's wrath

I sat under the tree, during free period, in Anthony’s jacket drawing in my sketchbook. I bent my knees and placed my sketch book in my lap. The air was starting to get colder as fall neared. The wind was blowing fallen leaves around campus. The leaves hadn’t quite changed color yet but they were beginning to change from there crisp bright green.

Anthony and I had been dating for about 3 weeks now, and I have to admit, I couldn’t be happier. I honestly can’t remember ever being this happy with a guy I dated. As much as I hated to admit it, I was happier than I ever was with any guy.

“Hey future Ms. Blackwood” Leah said as she sat down next to me.

Despite the breeze in the air, heat was flowing to my cheeks. I fought back the smile trying to make its way onto my face. I’m not saying that I want to marry Anthony;I’m not saying that I don’t either. It’s just kind of embarrassing that’s all. “Can you just stop calling me that?” I mumbled as I continued to sketch.

“Oh come-on, you know you like it” I remained silent. Not because it was true but because I didn’t know how to respond. Leah nudged me with her side causing my pencil to slide. Luckily, it didn’t slide by much so it was barely noticeable. I sent her a glare anyway; my art work was not to be messed with.

“Sorry” Leah held his hands up defensively. I nodded and went back to my sketch.

I didn’t want there to be an awkward silence between us, so I decided to end it before it began. “So how’s Sam?” Leah and I made it mandatory to check on Sam as much as we could. Strangely, Leah wanted to do it more though. I think it’s because she wants me to become even closer with Anthony, why I don’t know. She keeps saying something about hoping that IT happens but she won’t tell me what it is.

“Oh she’s okay for you know, her situation” I nodded showing my understanding. “She told her parents the other day”

My head immediately snapped up from my drawing. She had told her parents that she was having their grandchild. How much had she told them, did she tell them about her and John being fuck buddies, how did they take it? So many questions were running through my mind. Then the most important question entered my brain. Are her parents going to pull her out of school?

This was all of our worst fears. It was an important reason to why she was hesitant about telling them. Not only that but she was pregnant with a guy that she’s never had a relationship with; no parent can take that news well.

None of us wanted to be apart from each other. We had been together since freshman year. We hadn’t planned on going our separate ways until college, and even then, we wanted to visit each other once a month. If Sam is pulled out of school, then who knows when the next time we see her will be. Sure, we could still text and call each other but it wasn’t the same as seeing her in person.

“Her dad is furious. He wants to pull her out of school and…get rid of the baby”

I took a deep breath and bit my bottom lip. It’s worse than I thought. She’s going to be pulled out of school and the baby’s going to be…..killed. “So….that’s that?” I questioned hesitantly. I was mortified about what Leah may say.

She simply shrugged as she stared at the space in front of her. Her face was emotionless yet full of sorrow. Leah was trying to be strong. She was trying to accept everything, she didn’t want to break down and cry. She was being strong for Sam, herself and me. Unlike her, I felt as if I was on the edge of crying. I couldn’t imagine the pain that Sam was going through.

“Her mom was a bit more understanding about it though” Leah spoke. I felt myself perk up a bit. “She lectured Sam about what she did but she said that she would try her best to convince her dad not to abort the baby”

I nodded feeling glad again. At least the baby would live. “But what about pulling her out of school”

Leah sighed and ran her hands through her hair. “They said that she can stay until we leave for fall break. Once she comes home she’s staying there”

I shut my eyes tightly to stop tears from forming in my eyes. My best friend was being taken away from me, all because of some stupid ass mistake.

“She decided that she’s going to tell John soon since she won’t be staying here”

I opened my eyes and furrowed my brows together in confusion. “I thought she had already told him?”

Leah shook her head. “She was going to but—”

“There you are” a voice interrupted.

Leah and I both looked in the direction that the voice came from. Coming towards us was Scarlet, someone who I haven’t really talked to in days. She was quickly walking towards us with determination etched all over her face.

She finally reached us and put her hands on her hips staring directly at me. “When the fucks were you planning on telling me that you go with hottie?” she demanded.

I raised my left eyebrow and gave her a quick look over. Who does she think she is coming up to me and demanding shit? “Do you mean Anthony?” Leah questioned.

“Shut the hell up I know who he is,” she snapped.

Leah and I were both taken back by her outburst. Was she PMS’ing or something? Who randomly walks up to someone and starts demanding stuff. Is she honestly that upset because I didn’t tell her that I was dating Anthony?

I decided to play it cool and not create more dramayet. “I figured you knew”

“Well I didn’t so how the hell long have you to been fucking each other?”

I ran my tongue across my teeth; this girl was testing my patience. “3 weeks” I answered. No Anthony and I haven’t officially had sex but I know what she was implying. At least that better have been what she was implying.

“THREE WEEKS!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!”

People who were walking past were beginning to stop and stare. Some continued to walk past as they watched the scene but most stopped. They were all wondering why the hell Scarlet was yelling. That and if a fight was going to break out.

I ran my tongue over my teeth again and tensed up. Why does she even care so much? If she says, one more thing I’m going to—“Okay Scarlet calm down you’re making a scene” Leah said.

“DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE!”

Suddenly London walked over to us with a smug smile on his face. “Scarlet just chill out” she spoke as a smirk made its way onto her glossy lips. “You can’t blame them because you were late”

Leah and I both raised our brows in confusion again. I know London isn’t sticking up for me. In fact, if she’s usually instigating to the other person so that they will hit me.

“IF SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME THEN I WOULDN’T BE LATE!”

London rolled her eyes and looked at her manicured nails. “Scarlet just walk away before you say something you might regret” she plainly said.

I watched as Scarlet clenched her fist and glared at me one last time before turning on her heel and walking away. I was dumbfounded. Why would Scarlet listen to London? She practically hates London.

“Besides it’s not like it matters” London spoke while setting her gaze on me. “You’ll just screw this up just like with Eric”

“Fuck off London” I said. She smirked before walking away. Once she was far enough away, my face fell. What if she was right? What if I do ruin the relationship? Who knows what will happen in the future. The fact that I don’t believe in love is something that guys usually like, they see me as a long term fling. But what if Anthony wants more.

What am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorri it took mi so long 2 post but i have so much work 2 do in school.

Comments= Next Chapter