Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Running

I ran out of my room and down the hallway to my left. I stopped once I reachedhis room. I needed to talk to him. No, I needed to tell him. I needed to tell him how much I love him. I wanted him to know that I felt the same way for him as he felt for me. I knew that love was real now and I wanted to tell him that it was because of him.And my mother.

I knocked on the door rapidly, and loudly. I was too excited and anxious. I wanted him to answer the door so that I could crash my lips into his and tell him how much I loved him. I wanted to hear him say that he loved me. I wanted to be with him and tell him how I felt. “ANTHONY!”

The door swung open , and sadly Anthony wasn’t the one opening the door. Chris was standing there looking as if he had just crawled out of bed. He sleepily rubbed his eyes and yawned. “Anthony‘s not here”

“Where is he?” I quickly asked. I didn’t have time to have a conversation with Chris. I needed to find Anthony, and fast.

“He went to the game” he yawned again as he looked down at his watch. “He probably won‘t be there anymore though”

“Why not?”

“He‘s going out of town for something, I‘m to tired to remember but he said that he was leaving during half time. Half time started about 5 minutes ago”

I gasped, he may be gone, and then I’ll never get to tell him. I ran down the hallway and towards the stairs, faster than I have ever ran. I needed to find him and tell him now.

“Hey what‘s the rush?” I heard Chris yell behind me.

I turned around to face him as I started to jog backwards. I smiled at Chris who had a confused look on his face. “I have to tell Anthony that I love him!” I yelled. I didn’t care who heard or who knew. It didn’t matter to me anymore. All that mattered was that Anthony knew that I loved him.

Chris’ jaw dropped and his eyes were wide. He was to in shock by what I had said to be tired anymore. He was fully awake, and couldn’t believe what I had said.

I smiled and turned back around, gaining my original speed back. I pushed the door to the stairwell open. I ran down the stairs trying to keep myself from falling. My heart was pounding in my chest but I refused to slow down. I needed to find Anthony as soon as I could.

My breathing increased and my muscles were beginning to become sore. I ignored the pain and continued to run. I couldn’t stop, I wouldn’t stop. I needed to find Anthony.

I pushed the door to the dorm buildings open. I started to run towards the football field. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I groaned and pulled it out as I continued to run. Luckily it was a text message, so I wouldn’t be slowed down much. The message was from Chris. I just left him, couldn’t he have texted me later. He knows that I’m looking for Anthony right now. I opened the text message careful not to drop my phone as I ran.

I never thought that I would see the day that you admit that love exists. I texted Anthony. He’s walking out of the Dean’s office. Good luck J


I stopped sunning and placed my hands on my knees. I was trying to catch my breath. The office was in the opposite direction of the football field. I would never be able to make it in time. So much for telling him.

But I have to at least try. I text Chris back telling him to slow Anthony down somehow. I didn’t have time to wait for him to respond. I took a deep breath before taking off running into another direction.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I ran but I didn’t open it. I didn’t want anything to slow me down this time. Who knows how long I have?

I pushed myself to go faster and faster. My legs were on fire and my body was begging me to stop, but my heart said other wise. My heart kept telling me that I wasn’t running fast enough. Despite the fact that my heart was beating 1,000 times a minute.

Students gave me weird looks as I ran past them. They were wondering where I was going in such a rush. I didn’t have time to explain nor did I care. There was only one thing on my mind right now and that was making it to the office before Anthony left.

I was out of breath when the office finally came into view. I smiled inwardly knowing that I was half way there. I continued to push myself. I knew that as soon as I stopped running that I was going to collapse where ever I was standing, but for now I didn’t care. The only thing that cared about right now was that I needed to make it in time.

When I was a few feet away from the office, I stopped dead in my tracks. He wasn’t there. I was already breathing heavy because of how much I was running, and this situation wasn’t making anything better. I began to look around and search for him. I didn’t see him anywhere near the building.

I didn’t make it.

I collapsed onto my knees.

I had missed him, he was gone. Everything that I wanted to tell him, I couldn’t. Who knows how long I will have to wait to tell him. I might not be able to call and tell him either. Who knows if he will answer my calls or text. We haven’t talked in what feels like forever, why would he talk to me.

I closed my eyes and tried to catch my breath. Everything was starting to set in. My eyes began to water and the weight on my shoulders came back. I sniffed, from the tears. I was in complete and utter pain. My body ached from all the running, but I felt worse.

I couldn’t tell my first love that I loved him.

After all the pain that I put him through, I couldn’t ease it. I felt even worse knowing that I was alone. Knowing that the only person that could comfort me right now, was the reason why I was upset. The tears were now stinging my eyes, but I refused to let them slide down my face. I refused to cry until I had reached the safety of my room.

“No Chris I don‘t know where you put your homework, or your phone, or your hat or your watch” a familiar aggravated tone said.

I opened my eyes and looked to my right hoping that my assumption was correct. I instantly became ecstatic at what I saw.

Anthony was pacing back and fourth next to the building. He would actually walk next to the building, preventing him from being seen from where I was standing. So that’s why I couldn’t find him. I couldn’t contain the smile that was on my face, nor did I want to.

I still had a chance to tell him.

My legs were still throbbing from the run all the way over here. I groaned in pain as I stood up. Now my feet were aching, but I tried to ignore the pain. It was hard to ignore, but I tried to manage. After I managed to stand up right and on balance I started to walk over to Anthony. I was one throbbing pain away from limping my way over there.

Anthony had a frustrated look on his face while he was listening to something that Chris was telling him. I have to thank Chris today for actually stalling him. Who knows if I would have been able to make it without him stalling him.

“ANTHONY!!” I yelled. I was still ways away from him but at the rate that I was going, it may take me a while to get over there.

Anthony stopped pacing and turned around to face me, while holding the phone up to his ear. His face remained frustrated and serious, until he saw that I was practically limping. His face instantly changed to worried and concerned. I smiled inwardly, it’s good to know that he still cares.

Of course he still cares, he’s in love with you duh

Not right now conscience

“Chris I‘ll call you back later and NO I DON‘T KNOW WHERE YOUR SHOES ARE EITHER” he hung up the phone and ran over to me. I stopped walking towards him and inwardly sighed, good thing I don’t have to walk anymore.

“What happened?” he questioned. His voice was dripping with concern.

“nothing, nothing it‘s fine but--”

“It‘s not fine. You‘re practically limping. How can you be fine when you‘re limping?”

“Can you just please forget about me limping right now. It‘s not as important as what I have to tell you”

His face fell and was now serious once again. What did I say wrong? “I would rather just hear why you‘re limping”

Now it was my turn for my face to fall. He didn’t care. Maybe running all the way over here to tell him that I loved him was a waste of time.

I don’t think so. You’re telling him and you’re telling him right now

I looked down at my feet regardless of my conscience. I couldn’t tell him. Knowing that he didn’t care about what I had to say was a direct shot to my confidence. “Well…I was running all the way over here….so that I could…..” I trailed off at the end. I couldn’t do this, there was no way that I could do this.

Anthony raised his eyebrows at me. I knew that he was waiting to here what I had to say but was also trying to hide his worry. “I just….wanted to say bye” I lied.

His face immediately became angry. I blinked a few times hoping that I was imagining things, but sadly I wasn’t. He was angry, at me. The guy that I loved was now angry at me. And I’m sure that I’m about to find out why.

“Are you serious Lex” he began “We haven’t talked in days, DAYS!! Everytime I try to talk to you or come near you, you run away. We haven‘t talked about what happened at all because all you do is run away. Now I guess YOUR ready to talk and all you have to say is BYE!!! I just don‘t get you and I don‘t know why I even tried” he turned on his heel and began to walk away.

I felt an immediate pain in my chest. The words in his head continued to play over and over in my mind. Tears were beginning to brim my eyes once more. I had done this to him. I had put him through so much pain. It was all my fault. But he said that he wanted to hear about why I was limping. He didn’t say that he wanted to talk about THAT. He can’t yell at me because of the fact that I was doing what he had asked me too.

I was having mixed emotions. I was upset because of everything that I had caused him to go through. I was angry at the fact that he was angry at me for doing what he had told me to do. I clenched my fist as a tear silently fell down my face.

“I CAN‘T BELIEVE THIS!!” I yelled at his back as he walked away. “I RAN ALL THE WAY OVER HERE PRACTICALLY KILLING MYSELF TO MAKE IT HERE IN TIME JUST FOR YOU TO WALK AWAY. AND HERE I AM THINKING THAT YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU BUT I GUESS NOT!!”

Anthony stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned around to face me his face covered in shock. I was still fuming as I cried. He slowly walked towards me. “W-w-w-hat did you just say”

I had to stand there for a minute to realize what I had said. Anthony had finally reached me and was now standing directly in front of me. I instantly became less confident. “I-I said that I thought that y-you would be h-happy to hear me say that I l-loved you but--”

“You love me? But you don‘t believe in love” he interrupted. His face was slowly beginning to show how happy he was. I smiled, I guess he is happy to hear it.

“Well I didn‘t…..but someone helped me realize that it‘s true…and that I loved you as much as you love me….or at least how much I hope you love me” I explained.

Anthony smiled and cupped my face in his hands. He gently placed his soft lips on mine. I melted into the kiss, just as I always do. I had missed the feel of his lips more than I ever thought I would.

He gently broke the kiss and smiled down at me. “I love you too Alexis. More than you could ever know”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long for me to post this you guys. But mi internet stopped working and my other computer crashed so i have to go over mi grandma's house to use the computer.
Thanks to everyone who commented on the story. I got well over the 10 comments that i wanted.

I will try and post the next chapter as soon as i can. But the next chapter will be the last of Love is only a myth.

Thanks for reading.