‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

I am positive

I stared at Denise in shock, trying to let it process through my mind. I was pregnant, all the signs were there.

“But… that could be wrong, right?” I whispered, staring at the two lines on the test.

“Yes, of course. You won’t know for sure unless you visit a doctor,” she said softly, wrapping her arm around me. “I’ll get your mother.”

She was out the door in seconds, leaving me standing there, lifeless. This wasn’t right, could it be? I never knew what I wanted, but this would happen no matter what. My mind kept wondering to what Nick would think, what he would say; he had t still love me, right? He wasn’t a cold person, especially since this was his baby. I shook my head, feeling my mothers arms wrap around me.

“Mitchie, she told me it was positive,” she whispered, spinning me around. All I could do was nod. “This-this is a big thing, you know. If you aren’t ready…” she trailed off, what she was implying clicked in my head. I felt tears threaten to release as I stared up at her, shaking my head furiously. “Honey, people do it all the time, and it’s for your own good-”

“No. No, no, no!” I shouted, pulling away, my hands immediately moving to my stomach. “A baby, mom! I can’t kill it! It’s a soul, a life, it’s part of me… inside of me! It’s part of Nick, and I love him! I couldn’t do that, ever. He wouldn’t want an abortion, I know that for a fact! It’s not an option, it never will be an option!” I cried out, feeling the stress get to me. She nodded understandingly, grabbing my hand.

“Things will get rough. You have to keep that mind set and tell him as soon as possible, alright?”

“It isn’t for sure, though,” I sniffled, wiping my eyes.

“Do you want to find out?” she whispered, opening the door. I nodded, letting her continue. “We can go now, I’m sure they’ll get you in.”

We exited the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of Denise’s eyes, and they showed me that she was proud of me. I gave her a weak smile, grabbing her arm gently as my mother pulled me forward.

“Will you come, too? I-I can’t tell him unless I’m positive,” I whispered, smiling weakly. She stood, patting my shoulder, giving me her warm smile as we continued down the stairs and out the door, unnoticed.

-----

The car ride was silent, except for the soft mumbling of Denise and my mom. I rested my head against the window, shutting my eyes as the car stopped. I hear their doors slightly open, and I followed, snaking in between them. They wrapped their arms around me, leading me into the building. Every hospital, doctors office, and clinic was the same; the white walls always seemed to haunt me, and I wished Nick was here.

“Excuse me,” Denise said softly, catching the attention of the older woman behind the counter. She proceeded the conversation in whispers as my mom stood me nearby, running her hand through my hair.

“Mom,” I whispered, feeling my nerves kick in-or maybe it was the pregnancy. I bit my lip, looking up at her. “You aren’t… disappointed, are you?”

“Of course not Mitchie. You’ve always been so responsible. I remember the time, when you were ten, we wanted to take you to the park, let you play on the swings and maybe get to know some people. You were so stubborn, saying that you wanted to spend that day with Grammy, that you had pictures to develop. You were always the mature child when I took you places, everyone would tell me how great you were. I know Denise thinks very highly of you, and no one will criticize you for this. You are, after all, an adult,” she whispered, her words actually calming me. This was one of those rare mother-daughter moments.

“But… Nick. Do you think, I mean, what’s he going to say? Everything’s so good for him right now, and I have to ruin it…” I trailed off, not wanting to cry here.

“Oh dear,” Denise chimed in, papers in hand. “I know Nicholas would never think anything bad of you. He loves you so very much. If I know my son at all, I think he’ll be happy in the end. He’s had experience with a baby, and Frankie grew closer to him than anyone else. It’s only a matter of time,” she said softly, shooing me forward.

***

“You took a home pregnancy, correct?” the woman doctor asked. I simply nodded, squirming in the seat I had been in for the past half hour. “And what were the results?”

“P-positive,” I spit out, staring down at the shining engagement ring.

“We have you results, right here. I’m sure you want them, correct?” she asked. I nodded impatiently, wondering if she thought this was a game. “It’s definitely a positive. I’d say your about five weeks along, maybe a little more, but probably not less. I’d say coming back in a couple of weeks would give us a positive outlook on how your doing so far within your first month, alright?” I nodded, sending her a quick thank you as I let the news sit in; I was, in fact, pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be her telling Nick. what do you think he'll say? ha.
I'm sick, at the moment, but I'll be getting updates in. Read Fire and Ice, please.
COMMENTS