‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

A real baby

We entered the house, everyone moving up the stairs. I closed my eyes, letting this fact sink in; I was going to have to tell Nick… now.

“Don’t worry, he’ll listen,” Denise said soothingly, hurrying into the kitchen to join Mr. Jonas in the cleaning process. I also heard Kevin and Danielle’s voice in there, Joe and Frankie closing the door that lead outside. I slowly made my way to the kitchen, giving my mom a weak smile as I spoke up.

“Do you know where Nick is?” I asked, directing the question to Kevin, Danielle, or Mr. Jonas.

“Yes, he’s in his room,” Mr. Jonas smiled. I returned it, making my way up the stairs and towards that familiar door. It was jarred enough to where I could see Nick lying on the bed. I slowly pushed open the door, watching his head shoot up, a smile gracing his perfect lips. Even in a moment of nerves, his charm had the power to make me smile.

“Hey,” I said softly, shutting the door all the way. He got up, moving closer with a confused look on his face.

“What’s the matter?” he asked, setting a hand on my cheek, allowing me to lean into his touch. A sigh escaped my lips; he always knew.

“I have to tall you something…”I mumbled, gaining his full attention. He watched me carefully, following as I instructed him to sit on the bed. “I-I feel so guilty,” I sobbed out, holding him in place as he tried to stand, his eyes alert.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asked quickly.

“Everything’s so perfect for you. You get this-this amazing new job, and your back here, and your going to move into New York. I’m so lucky to have you, and I feel like I shouldn’t get you, I ruin everything-”

“Shh, Mitchie. You aren’t making any sense. What are you talking about?”

“I think I just ruined your life,” I cried out dramatically, hoping he wouldn’t hate me. Full confusion displayed on his features as he gripped my hands, gently stroking them with his thumbs.

“What are you talking about? You made my life better. You’ll always make it better. I love you-is this about marrying me? Because, you know you don’t have too. You can tell me if I'm moving too fast, I just-”

“No, Nick!” I shouted, cutting him off. He looked at me with surprise, confusion, and wonder. “It’s not about that. I love you too, more than anything, and I want to be with you, forever, but I-I’m not right…” I trailed off, calming down as he placed soft kisses on my hands, standing up quickly, staring into my eyes.

“Say what you need to say. I’m listening, and I’m not understanding you. Stop crying, please,” he begged, his eyes showing all his emotions. I took a deep breath, smiling when he kissed me gently, rubbing the side of my cheek with he palm.

“Tell me what you want our future to be like,” I whispered, gulping down more tears.

“W-what?” he asked in confusion.

“What do you want us to be in the future? What do you see?” He looked at me, responding quickly, not missing a beat.

“I want us to get married and we’ll get a house, and I’ll be recording. You’ll have photography, and I don’t know what you want to know…” he trailed off, trying to calm me down.

“Decorations? Pets? Kids?” I asked quickly, biting my lip, trying to figure out if he was catching on to anything. He looked at me for a moment, totally clueless.

“Umm, anything you want. If you want a pet, then yeah, I’d like one. Kids? I, well, yeah-” he paused, his cheeks turning a bright pink. I felt a little bit of relief, but that didn’t get me off the hook yet. “I mean, I don’t know when, but… yeah, I’d want to have a baby, sometime,” he said nervously, moving a hand to rub the back of his neck. I stepped backwards, wiping my tears away, keeping my gaze on him. I gulped, moving my hands to my sides, locking his intense gaze.

“I uh… I’m, I’m pregnant,” I spat out, biting my lip in anticipation. His face turned blank as he stared at me. “Nick?” I whispered, trying to catch his attention. Silence engulfed the room, nothing making any sound, except for the tiny clicks of the second hand on the wall clock. He blinked a few times, his lips parted.

“W-what?” he asked softly, not moving an inch. I looked down, fighting back more tears.

“I’m pregnant, Nick. I took a test and I went to the doctors office, and I am pregnant,” I said quietly, glancing up at his unchanged expression.

“Oh my god,” he mumbled, running a hand over his face. “Your pregnant?”

“Please don’t hate me!” I sobbed out, balling my hands into fists. He shook his head, stepping forward slowly. “I know your not ready and neither am I, but I-I am and I-”

“Mitchie, I could never hate you. It’s just… I had no idea. I was so oblivious,” he mumbled, shaking his head once again. “It’s not even your fault, so why would I hate you?” he asked next, raising his voice to make his point. I felt his arms wrap around me slowly, pulling me into his chest. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, letting the tears fall. He didn’t speak for another minute or so, he just rocked me back and forth, rubbing his hand over my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, his soft curls tickling my fingers as I gripped them gently, sniffling as he pulled away, just enough to look into my eyes. “So, your sure? It’s definitely positive?” he whispered, his eyes searching mine.

“Yeah-” I choked out, feeling his thumb wipe away the tears. “She said I was about five weeks, maybe more…”

“Wow,” he whispered, his eyes flickering down to my stomach. “There’s actually a person growing in you… a real baby,” he whispered, more to himself, and I was surprised to see his eyes light up. He looked back into my eyes, a smile gracing his perfect lips. “So, I’m going to be a dad?” he whispered, his hand resting on my cheek. I smiled through my tears, giving him a small nod.

“A great one.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Isn't this just cute? ha. We all want a Nick, I swear.
Comments>>