‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

A new beginning

I shifted in Nick’s strong warm arms, barely getting a stir out of him. I immediately looked down at my stomach, seeing no difference, wondering if yesterday was real, but was proved that it was when I felt something roll up my throat. Pushing it back down quickly, I jolted upright, Nick groaning as he jumped, eyes wide.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, biting my lip as I looked at his sleepy face.

“For what?” he yawned, stretching his arms out.

“I just… I felt kind of sick and I woke you up.” Sighing, he brushed my hair out of my face, and I turned to face him.

“The baby?” he whispered, his eyes lighting up. I smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up as I nodded, snuggling into him. He lowered himself back on his back, stroking my hair with his hand. “I was thinking that we could have a movie night tonight, just you and me? I’m sure everyone would go out for a while. I, uh, I was thinking about when you wanted to tell everyone…?”

“Oh.” I brushed my hand over his chest, feeling him shiver and pull me tighter against him. “I don’t know, honestly. I mean, don’t your parents have that thing about marriage? Your mom already knows, but I don’t want to disappoint them.”

“Mitchie,” he sighed, sitting up, pulling me with him. He positioned me to his side so he could look into my eyes. “You mean the world to me. We’re getting married, and you won’t disappoint them. They love you, and I want this; they just want us to be happy.” He placed a hand on my cheek, cupping it, his forehead against mine. He grazed his lips repeatedly over mine, a smile appearing as I gripped his curls. “I don’t tell you your beautiful enough,” he frowned, pulling back just a little to let his eyes roam over my face.

“You don’t need too. You make me feel good by just being here with me.” I watched a toothy grin form his face, his hands, running down my arms to grip my hands, bringing the top of mine up to his lips.

****

“So… I was wondering if you’d go out with Mike tonight?” I asked Abby quickly, turning towards the fridge. My eyes scanned the neatly placed contents, crinkling my nose in decision.

“Why? I mean, I’d love too… but, you know… why?” she chuckled, jumping up on the counter. I didn’t want to tell her I was pregnant, not yet at least; I wanted everyone to know at once.

“Nick and I want to have a movie night, to ourselves,” I shrugged, letting a sigh escape my glossed lips. Being here made me even more self conscience about my looks and everything else, being pregnant didn’t help my nerve either.

“Oh? Is that so?” she giggled, her feet thumping onto the wood as she jumped down, placing her hands on my shoulders.

“Mhm,” I mumbled, grabbing a can of soda and moving myself over to the table.

“Is everyone else leaving?”

“Nick’s going on a convincing mission as we speak… so, we’ll see.”

“Well then, looks like you’ll have this house to yourself. Nick always seems to get what he wants,” she smirked, skipping out of the room. Even now, I felt my cheeks get warm as I opened the can of coke, setting my lips on the rim. I heard footsteps approaching and I didn’t bother looking up. Instead, I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath.

“You’re actually by yourself?” a deep voice asked. I snapped open my eyes, letting my eyes wonder of the face of Blake, a smug smile on his lips.

“I’m not in the mood,” I grumbled, moving myself out of the chair.

“I’m not going to do anything… Nick’ll probably break my arm if I did. I know that little stunt in football was because of you, and I just wanted to apologize..” he trailed off, crossing his arms. I nodded slowly, surprised by his actions. “I can see the way Nick looks at you, like your some damn goddess, a queen…a prize to him. I hear what he says to you, how he always talks about you, ‘Mitchie this, Mitchie that.’ everything good that comes out of his mouth seems to be about you. I miss my friend and I’m choosing to live with this, with the fact that you guys are joined at the hip-if you could, you would be… well, not exactly because then you wouldn’t be able to have s-”

“Okay! Okay, Blake. I get it,” I chuckled, getting him to actually smile. It was the first genuine smile he had given me, and I could’ve sworn his behavior at school was almost an act.

“Anyway, the kid really loves you, and you feel the same… I’m happy for you, really, and I’m sorry… for everything, for making your life hell whenever I could.”

“I… I accept your apology. Thank you, really. You aren’t as vile as I thought…” He smiled once again, stepping forward, cowering over me. Biting my lip, I moved my hands to my stomach instinctively, and for a moment I swore I saw suspicion in his eyes.

“Could you just tell Nick I’m sorry, too? To be honest, he kind of scares me…” he laughed, stepping back with a wave. I simply nodded, watching him walk out of the room, taking a deep breath, a smile spreading across my lips. I let my hands drop to my side, setting myself back down in the chair. I heard yet another pair of footsteps, opening my eyes this time to see. A wide smile spread across my face when I spotted Nick, his curls bouncing gently as he walked towards me, his hands in his pockets.

“Hey beautiful,” he said softly, moving to stand behind my chair. He placed his lips on my temple, his loose curls tickling my face.

“Hi,” I giggled, turning a little to press my forehead against his.

“Everyone’s leaving. Mom and Dad are going out tonight, along with Kevin and Danielle-separately, of course. I already set Frankie, Blake, and Joe to go to the movie’s together. The rest of the parents are actually leaving as of now and you took care of Abby and Mike?”

“Why yes, I did. You must be Mr. Persuasive, huh?” I smiled, getting that cute smirk, that made my knees go weak, from him.

“Anything for you.” That little sentence made me smile almost as much as when he said ‘I love you.’

“Can I ask you something?” He nodded thoughtfully, gripping my hand gently, moving around to my front to take a seat. “Why, uh, exactly do you not like Blake?” He watched me for a moment, looking down at our hands.

“Because he hurt you… I didn’t know that you weren’t-”

“Oh, no-” I interrupted, moving my free hand to grab his chin. His soft eyes searched mine, his warm breath tickling my lips. “I’m happy you protect me, I always am… but Blake apologized to me, and I could tell it was sincere. He wanted to apologize to you… but he said you scared him,” I smiled softly, catching a gleam of regret in his eyes.

“I’ll talk to him,” he sighed, scooting forward a little. “You, uh, you aren’t scared of me… right?”

“Of course not, Nick. I love you, you would never hurt me. Sure, your very muscular and strong and you intimidate with your striking good looks, but your so sweet and sensitive,” I smirked, rubbing my fingers over his now red cheeks.

“Thank you, thank you,” he mumbled, looking down, embarrassed.

*****

Nick’s warm hand was wrapped with mine as we made our way into the living room, watching everyone scramble around to go out. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas were the last one’s to come down the stairs, smiling brightly at us.

“I’ll see you two soon,” Mr. Jonas called, telling Denise he’d wait for her in the car. She simply nodded, a bright smile on her thin lips. Her dark curls were perfect, and I smiled at how much Nick resembled her. Kevin was exactly like Mr. Jonas while Joe didn’t really look like either, just like Frankie, but Nicholas… he was just like his mom, and she too was beautiful.

“Okay, Nicholas, Mitchie… I left money in the kitchen in case you want to order out. Now, I know you know she’s pregnant…” she trailed off, her eyes staring into mine, hoping I had told him. I nodded quickly, smiling as her eyes met Nick’s frantically.

“I know, mom. She, uh, she told me,” he smiled weakly, rubbing his thumb over my hand.

“And I want you to make sure she doesn’t eat too much junk. It was hard, when I as pregnant with Frankie, you know Nick-” she turned her attention towards me, smiling, “and I know you can take care of yourself, but-”

“Don’t worry, mom. Everything’s fine, just go have fun.”

“I just keep forgetting that you guys are, well, adults now,” she sighed, kissing Nick’s cheek and then mine. “Have fun, okay?” We both nodded, watching her walk out of the house, hearing the lock click from her key. Nick turned to me, a bright smile on his lips.

“Ready?”

---

“I ordered pizza,” I smiled, moving over to the couch where he was sitting. He smiled back, closing his eyes as I ran my hands through his soft, curly locks. He let a low hum escape his lips and I felt my heart beat speed up as I moved around the couch, setting myself close to him.

He placed his arms around my waist, pulling me into him and pressing his lips to my cheek. I sighed with contentment, turning to place my lips on his. It was always so electrifying, and when he kissed back eagerly, I didn’t want to stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
A crummy chapter, but it's kind of cute. I didn't plan on updating for a while, so it sucks, but I'll try to update again soon, with a slightly better one. ha.
Do you have any ideas you want to share? I'd love to know what you want to read.
COMMENTS>