Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

eleven.

“Thought I would find you here.”

Madison slightly smiled and looked at the boy that was approaching her. “Yeah, which is exactly why I chose this spot to sit in.”

“Well, I’m glad you chose somewhere I could find you.” Madison looked over at the boy and sighed.

“Jake, I can’t be with you if you’re leaving. And I can’t let you stay and ruin every chance you worked so hard for.”

“Madison, we can’t just ignore what we have.”

“I’m not saying we have to, we just won’t be together.”

Jake groaned and rolled his eyes. Running his hand through his hair, he resisted another sigh.
“You are making me crazy.”

“I guess it just comes with ease.”

~*~*~*~*~

As the week went by, Jake and Madison were inseparable. They were always spotted together when they weren’t working.

During the day Madison would work, then head to Jake’s house to help him pack and simply hang out. They didn’t go to parties, too many people. They simply just spent time alone together.

As the week seemed to fly, Madison could not keep her head from spinning. The week was ending, and so was Jake’s time in California. He was leaving the very next morning, and Madison couldn’t deal with that fact.

“You can’t not go say goodbye.” Cara said as Madison closed her bedroom door.

“Cara, you don’t get it. If I go I might make him do something like stay with me. I cannot risk that. I have to say bye to him tonight.”

“Madison, you’re so dense. You can’t say goodbye tonight. It will crush the poor boy.”

“It would be worse if I asked him to stay. You know he would too.” Cara sighed from the other end of the phone. She knew her best friend was right, and she felt bad. She had already intervened with the relationship and could not do it again.

“Alright, do whatever you think you should.”

“I will, I’ll call you later.” Closing the silver device, Madeline changed out of her work uniform and into something more weather appropriate. Jake was soon to be there, and she wanted to at least look presentable.

A soft knock on the door made her quite nervous, but she opened the door anyway.

~*~*~*~*~

The soft sand below the teens comforted Madeline, but only a tiny bit. Looking at Jake, she couldn’t help but smile and push herself closer to him.

Smiling at her antics, he put his arm around her and brought her body closer. Kissing the top of her head, she smiled and rested her head on his chest.

“I can’t believe you leave tomorrow.”

“I know. It’s crazy, I’m glad you’re going to be there though.”

Cringing, Madeline closed her eyes and felt herself becoming worked up.

“Jake,” he looked at her and felt his eyebrows pinch together.

“I swear to God Mad, if you back out of this I don’t know what I will do.”

“Jake, I tried so hard to get out of work. Everyone is on vacation.” She felt so bad for lying to the boy. But she had to, there was no other way she would get out of not going to the airport with him.

“No, I don’t believe you.” He stood, making her lose balance without him there to hold her up.
“You knew I was leaving. You knew I wanted to you there to say goodbye. And now I don’t even get that. First of all, I let you play this stupid game with me, and now you are not even saying goodbye.” Jake started pacing around her and she began to grow furious.

“What do you think this is Jake? I am trying to say goodbye to you now!” She stood in front of him with her hands on her hips and an angry expression. “And what do you mean stupid game? I told you how I felt, why can’t that be enough?”

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t need this right now Mad, I don’t need to fight with you my last night here.”

“Fine, then I’ll go home. Have a fantastic journey.” She began walking away when his hand caught hers and spun her around.

Crashing his lips onto hers sent her into another frenzy and she was dizzy when she finally pulled away.

“That doesn’t change anything and you know it.”

“It can though Mad, why do you have to be this way.”

“Because you’ll break my heart. Now I have to go.” She kissed his cheek and left him standing on the shore, alone.

~*~*~*~*~

Tossing and turning all night, Jake found himself in a restless sleep. He sighed and climbed out of bed, grabbing his acoustic. Opening the window closest to hers, he began to strum. He knew she would hear, she always did. He just hoped it would not be too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy.
What now?
One chapter left!

Thanks to: me without you, and heartsb.