Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Eighty: Inconceivable Conversations

Before lunch, as I was dumping some books off in my locker, I was really bothered and upset. I hadn't seen Cora all day and I was starting to lose my mind. I'd hunted for her around the school, but nothing. I hoped with all my heart she'd show up in the cafeteria. I mean, I planned on telling her about the fight in the privacy of the practice room. But, you know, I love her, so… yeah. I want her around me all the time. And plus, when she disappears like this, you know something is up. It could be good or bad, it's gone both ways in the past-

"Hi Robin," Even if the voice hadn't tipped me off, I would have known it wasn't Cora. Cora says "Sup BW??" And smacks my ass and stuff like that. Amanda says "Hi Robin" like I'm Clark Kent and she's fucking Lois Lane.

"Hi," I smiled anciently at her. She smiled.

"Um, I think we're going to get an A on our project," She said. That's good. And totally pointless. What do you actually want? I just nodded slowly, finishing up in my locker.

"I was thinking we should celebrate," She decided. Celebrate what? That our partnership is over? Sounds good to me-

"Do you want to go to that Simple Plan concert with me?" Amanda asked out right. Um: one, I hate Simple Plan; two, I strongly dislike you because; three, I'm in love with Cora. But social rules dictate that I cannot simply list those things on my fingers blatantly in Amanda's face.

"Uhm," I struggled. So then, how… exactly do you turn down a popular girl who's asking you on a date?? Holy shit, I need to know right now because I have no fucking clue what to say here-

"It's just… you know, like, my friends don't really like that kind of non-pop music and I thought you and I could have fun," Amanda tried to persuade me. Oh shit, this was even harder now that she thinks I'm just on the fence about it! Um, um, um-

"I, um, I gotta go to lunch. Can we talk about this later?" I completely wussed out in a panic. Being honest and gentle takes preparation. My natural instinct is to freak out, wimp out, and run.

"Uh, ook," Amanda said, sounding condescendingly confused, as I scurried away with my tail between my legs.

I hustled into the cafeteria, trying to breathe. There is no conceivable way on this planet that Amanda would ever be interested in me. I said that to Cora, a lifetime ago. I suppose, though, my world has changed a great deal since I said that…

I saw Harold sitting at our table, peacefully reading a book and munching on some sushi. I scuttled over to him.

"Hey. Where's Minnie and Cora?" I demanded, sitting down. Harold looked up at me, blinking.

"Um, I think Minnie said they were having some kind of girls' lunch?" He replied.

"Really? Why didn't Cora tell me?" I frowned, planting my forearms on the table. This day was being so fucked up, man.

"Should she have?" He asked suggestively, raising his eyebrows. He's asking about my relationship with her.

"Um… I dunno," I huffed, scratching the back of my head.

"Did you apologize to Trevor?" He asked, graciously getting past the subject of Cora.

"Uh yeah, he forgave me," I said, distractedly, looking around the cafeteria. I looked over at the popular table and Amanda was looking at me; she gave me a confused smile and I quickly looked away.

"So, what's going on with you and her, anyway?" Harold suddenly asked curiously.

"What?? Nothing! She just fucking asked me out to a Simple Plan concert, I didn't know what to say," I hastily and passionately defended, looking at Harold sharply. He blinked several times at me.

"Cora asked you out to a Simple Plan concert?" He asked disbelievingly. What?? Oh, shit-

"Oh ummm no. Amanda, uh, did that," I said awkwardly. Harold kept blinking.

"Amanda? Popular Amanda?" He clarified, surprised.

"Yeah I know. Like, what the fuck, right?" I nervously laughed, all high-pitched.

"Um, well what did you say?" Harold asked, shaking his head slightly and staring at me.

"Uh, I said I had to think about it," I said, looking away from him. I could feel his look turn disappointed.

"Do you like Amanda?" He asked knowingly. I rolled my eyes.

"You freaking know somehow that I'm completely in love with Cora. So, no, I don't like Amanda," I said rather immaturely, narrowing my eyes at him. Harold raised an eyebrow at me.

"Then you should be honest and just tell her 'no thank you' to the date," Harold advised parentally.

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered, looking down at the table. I know he's right.

"… and yes, I had my suspicions. Dude, that's excellent, I hope it works out with you and Cora," Harold said cheerfully. I kept looking down at the table. I don't know how he does it, but he always knows exactly what to say to both annoy the shit out of me and cheer me up.

After lunch, I booked it to Music Comp. I sat down in mine and Cora's practice room and impatiently drummed my fingers on my knees. I wasn't going to attempt to be cool or anything: I was going to outright demand (like an asshole) where the hell she'd been all day. I was dying to tell her about the punch and I was going to completely ignore the Amanda issue. For some reason, I felt kinda funny telling Cora about it-

The door opened and Cora walked in. My heart pounded as relief and love swept illogically through my chest. How was it that it actually hurt to have been away from her for only, like, part of a day at school?

"Um, hi. Where have you been??" I demanded. My voice sounded more concerned than territorial, and I liked that, at least. Cora blinked at me and smiled a little.

"Well hi to you too," She chuckled tiredly and sat down at the piano. I was dying to grab her face and kiss her (since I hadn't kissed her all day at being in her presence now made me realize that).

"Where have you-" I began to demand again but she interrupted me.

"I was just with Minnie. Calm down, captain freak out," She said. A little… unkindly. What the hell was going on? For the first time all day, I was starting to actually truly panic- with sweat and a pounding heart and everything.

"Um-" I started to say.

"So how did yours and Amanda's project turn out?" Cora asked me.

"Um, fine. Actually-" I attempted to start telling her about the punch but she interrupted me again.

"Did you fix the mistakes?" Cora asked seriously, staring at me.

"Uh, oh, uh, there weren't any-"

"Really?? Shocker," Cora chuckled. I didn't understand this Cora. She was being cool and sarcastic, but not overly so (unlike me, who always overdoes the sarcasm), and just… like… detached. What the fuck??

"Are you ok??" I managed to get out the entire question. Cora blinked at me and smiled so beautifully it made me smile automatically (but worriedly) in response.

"Um, yes? Why wouldn't I be?" She chuckled. Excellent question: why wouldn't she be? And yet, here she is, acting really, really… not ok.

"Are you sure??" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yes, BW," Cora laughed beautifully. "So are you finished your project or are we going to be seeing more of Amanda?" She asked suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows diabolically at me.

I just stared at her. Has she completely forgotten, like, the last month? The kissing, making out, the confessions of love between me and her?? Who gives a flying rat's ass about Amanda??

"Uh, well, she asked me to this fucking Simple Plan concert thing-" I started to say awkwardly.

"HA! That's just… perfect," Cora started cackling. "I'm gonna get some corn chips," She said breezily and stood and left the room. If you're confused as shit, join the freaking party.
♠ ♠ ♠
What, what, what?? I know, about Cora right? Like, what the fuck??" *laughs all nervous and high pitched* (but secretly clutches her master-plan outline to her chest. My precious. You cannot look, readers, it will give it all away...) ((I'm sick with a cold again again. The virus has gone to my head >=} ))

Excellent immaturity: "Crazy Bitch" by: Buckcherry. Explicit Content. You've been warned =D
And back again: "Linger" by: The Cranberries. I don't think I've done a Cranberries song yet... *checks Robin, Boy Virgin epic Word document* Nope! Nice. (damn youtube! I wanted to put a link to 'How' by les cranberries, but it doesn't have a studio version!).

.Comment and join the confused party! (please don't hate Cora too much, I really do have a plan. Honest! I swear to God, I'm not flying by the seat of my pants, pulling dramatic plot twists out of my ass! And after saying all that, I realize that I'm completely discrediting myself, but I really do have a plan! K, I'm gonna shut up now and get some tea *cough*)