Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

When love and death embrace

Lestat’s PoV

I sit down and stare at the lit fireplace. Ever since I met her, I feel drawn to Maggy in a way I haven’t felt for quite a long time. When I saw her being dragged away unconscious I felt such a need to protect her, it startled me. At first I thought I saw her as a friend but I’m starting to realize she means even more to me than that. I’m in love with her, aren’t I?

“You know, it’s interesting to see how you interact with Maggy.” Louis disturbs my thoughts.

“Glad I’m able to entertain you,” I reply sarcastically. Louis rolls his eyes.

“Anyway, apparently she manages to bring out the protective streak in you, something that not many vampires nor humans are able to do.

“Yes, she does. What are you trying to suggest with that comment Louis?”

“Are you in love with her?”

I stay silent for a moment, be fore answering his question with a simple ‘oui’.

Louis looks at me.

“Lestat, she’s human.”

“So?”

“Are you going to turn her into a vampire?”

“I don’t know. All I know is that she’s going to be a vampire sooner or later anyway because the only people she really cares about are vampires. I just don’t know who will be her maker. It could be me, if she lets me but it could also be any other member of our little coven.”

“Are you going to tell her how you feel?”

“I will, sooner or later. Since we’re talking about confessing feelings, when are you going to tell Merrick how much you adore her?”

Louis looks taken aback after that question.

“What do you mean?”

I roll my eyes. “It’s beyond obvious you two have feeling for each other. Everyone can see it except you. You two could be the next Marius and Pandora, you know.”