‹ Prequel: Love Is Only a Myth
Status: the sequel to Love is Only a myth. Comments help me write faster people. Hope you like it.

Fantasys don't last forever

Twelve

Alexis’ POV

The sound of the Anthony’s trunk closing seemed to echo. The sound, made it seem as if it was the only noise that I could hear. It was all I could process, all I could focus on. The sound just meant so much to me, even though it was just a sound.

The sound told my mind that Anthony was in fact leaving. For the first time since we had gotten together, he wouldn’t be in walking distance from me. He wouldn’t be here, physically, to comfort me. He wouldn’t be here to simply talk to me for hours about nothing. He wouldn’t be here for me at all.

He would be at home, with her.

He would be with the girl who had suddenly made her way back into his life. The girl that had managed to make her way back into his life, in less than a month. She was able to get him to forgive her in one day, and make her way back onto his good side in a few days.

I hated it; I hated everything about this situation. I hated how he was leaving me so that he could go with her. Though, I couldn’t really blame him, an emergency was happening at home, he had to leave. However, I couldn’t help but to hate the situation.

I hated that she had came back into his life and stole him away from me. I mostly, hated how she was stealing him away from me, without even doing anything. She didn’t have to play any tricks, to get him to forgive her. She simply had to be herself, or tell exactly how she felt to get him to forgive her.I couldn’t begin to describe how scared this thought made me.

“Alright, we’re all set,” Anthony spoke. His voice brought me back from the thoughts, and into reality. I was no longer thinking about the situation in front of me, I was living it.

I stood in the parking lot in front of Anthony’s truck. Chris was on my left with Leah on my right. They came with me, to not only say good-bye to Anthony but for emotional support as well. They knew that Anthony leaving tore me apart inside, even if I didn’t admit it. Leah knew that having him leave with Joy was only making this harder for me.

Anthony was loading everything for his trip back home, onto his truck. Chris was going to drive him and Joy to the airport, then drive Anthony’s car back.

“I guess you are,” I quietly spoke.

It was early in the morning, seven to be exact. I was hoping that he would think the cause for me being quiet would be because I was tired. I didn’t want him to know that I was upset about him leaving. I had told him that I was fine with it; I didn’t want him to know that I had lied.

Anthony turned to the car to face me. I looked down at the ground before his eyes could bore themselves into mine. I knew that Anthony could read me, through my eyes.

“Well then I guess I’ll just get in the truck then,” Joy spoke, her voice even and happy, as always.

She opened the passenger side door before climbing in, her blonde hair bounced with her every movement. Something else that I hated about her, she was gorgeous, everyone knew it.

“I’ll just go start the car up,” Chris spoke from beside me.

Chris was simply uncomfortable about the entire situation. He acted as if nothing was wrong, and he didn’t find this odd, but he only did that for me. He knew that he needed to be strong for me. To reassure me that nothing was wrong. He knew that I needed everyone’s support, so that the yearning in my heart wouldn’t be as bad as it was.

Anthony simply nodded his head as he continued to stare at me. I continued to look everywhere but him. Looking at him, would only make this harder for me.

“I’ll see you back at the dorm Lexi,” Leah spoke. I nodded as I looked at her.

She sent me a sympathetic smile, trying to be as supportive as she could. She was my best friend, it was her job to be there for me, whether I wanted her to be there or not.

Sleep was present in her eyes, as she looked at Anthony. She gave him a small wave and a bye, before turning on her heel, heading back to the dorms.

That left, me and Anthony. I was left alone with Anthony and the yearning feeling in my heart. I wanted nothing more than to just throw my arms around him, and be I his embrace. I simply wanted him to hold me and never let go.

I wanted nothing more than to simply be with him, but I couldn’t. I knew that if I was with him, I would brake down. This was hard enough for me, having him hold me would only make my stomach churn more than it already was.

The passenger door opened, as Joy leaned out to look at us. Her lip-gloss covered lips were curled upwards into a smile. Her hazel eyes sparkled as she looked back and fourth between Anthony and me.

My lips formed a straight line as I looked at her. I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of her knowing that this was tearing me up inside. I didn’t want to give her any satisfaction at all.

“So Anthony,” she spoke. “We need to get going so that we can make our flight, so either you kiss her now, or you think about kissing her on the plane, but whatever you choose, choose soon,”

She sent us one last smile before she closed the door. I pursed my lips as I stared at the passenger door. Honestly, I didn’t think that her saying that was completely necessary. Then again, I knew that my emotions were getting the best of me. I was more upset about her leaving with Anthony than I was, about her trying to catch the plane on time.

Anthony walked towards me, causing me to look back down at the ground. I couldn’t make myself look at him. It was too much for me to handle.

“Alexis, please, just look at me,” Anthony sighed.

His tone was low and smooth, just as it always was. His voice was full of so many emotions, that I couldn’t pick them out. I knew that he was serious by him using my name. Alexis was only used when he was serious. He rarely used my name, but I figured that this situation called for it.

My gaze stayed on my converse the entire time. All I focused on was my white shoe laces. I stared at them blankly, as it my life depended on them. I stared at them, trying to ignore my emotions.

My stomach was tied in knots, for once, I didn’t enjoy the feeling. I felt cold, internally. It was the same cold that I felt when I wanted to be in Anthony’s embrace. It was the same cold that I felt whenever something went wrong. It was the type of cold that could only be diminished by the warmth, of comfort.

Anthony sighed as he ran his hands through his tasseled brown hair. His firm hands then cupped my cheeks, gently. He brought my face upwards to meet his gaze. As soon as my eyes locked with his, I melted.

I blinked away the tears that were stinging my eyes. My emotions were starting to show. The wall that I had built up was starting to break down.

Anthony sighed once more, as his thumb wiped away a stray tear from my face. “Babe,” he whispered. “Please don’t make this harder for me,”

I sniffed as I looked up at him. “I’m just going to miss you is all,” I whispered.

My voice was low, slightly above a whisper. I knew that if I raised my voice, an octave higher, than he would be able to hear the sadness in my voice. He would be able to hear how upset I was by everything that was happening.

Anthony sighed once more as he pressed his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes as his thumbs traced small circles onto my cheeks. Instantly, I knew that this was hard on him as well.

“I know, Alexis I know,” he whispered once more. “But it’s just for a little while. I’m not leaving forever; I would never do that to you. Just tell yourself that this is only temporary. Nothing is going to take me away from you any time soon, okay?”

A small smile crept its way onto my lips. I wanted nothing more, than to just stay in this moment. All I wanted to hear was Anthony tell me how much he wanted to stay with me. I wanted to hear him tell me how he wasn’t going to let anything tear us apart. He was telling me everything that I wanted to hear, and I wanted everything to stay this way.

“Okay,” I replied.

Anthony smiled as he opened his eyes. His eyes seemed to light up as he stared at me, glad to hear that he had cheered me up. He continued to trace small circles with his thumbs on my cheeks.

“Kiss me good-bye?” he questioned.

I didn’t reply with words, I simply leaned forward, placing my lips on his. Anthony didn’t hesitate to kiss me back. His lips moved slowly, yet passionately against mine. Our lips moved perfectly in sync, just as they always did.

He brought his hands down to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss in the process.

I wanted nothing more, than to just stay in this moment forever. I enjoyed the feeling of Anthony’s lips on mine. I enjoyed the way my heart pounded against my chest. I enjoyed the way that skin set on fire from his touch. I enjoyed the way that my stomach twisted and turned from his kiss.

When ever he kissed me, he showed me how much he loved me through the kiss. He showed me how much he cared through the kiss. He didn’t just simply tell me how much he loved me, he showed me as well. I loved that he didn’t need words to express how he felt.

Sadly, we parted but continued to hold each other. Anthony’s lips hovered over mine as we stood there, in silence. His warm breath hitting my lips every time he breathed.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I stood in his embrace. This was all I wanted. I couldn’t ask for anything more.Though, I still wished Anthony could simply stay here with me.

“I love you Alexis,” Anthony whispered, as he began to trace small circles onto my back.

I smiled once again hearing my name, he was once again serious.

“I love you too,”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been over a month sine i last updated. I know, i suck at updating ugh. I've been busy and having writers block, and of course, being lazy.
I hope you guys can forgive me :(
I actually typed this up at work, so...yeah that's a sign about how guilty i felt, leaving you guys like that.

Comments=Next Chapter