Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Cooking Up Romance

The rest of the day had gone by pretty slow. Chris was supposed to be picking me up at my house an hour after school had gotten out. What we were going to be doing, I have no idea. When I saw him after school he still looked tired, but somehow more alert than he had been earlier in the day. We had talked a little bit before our conversation was rudely interrupted by a few Junior girls trying to subtly flirt with him and talking about their history homework. That didn't annoy me as much as it should have. Probably because Chris didn't show any expression or emotion towards them whatsoever.

It was now an hour and a half after school had gotten out and there was no sign of Chris anywhere. I was currently laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and bored out of mind. I heard a knock on the door and jumped out of my bed to go answer, sliding on the wood floor and nearly falling over in the process.

It was Chris. He had this apologetic look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I got halfway here and then I forgot my phone at my house. Then I got back into my car and forgot my keys. Then I got pulled over and today just hasn't been a good day at all and I'm sorry I mean it. Let me make it up to you." He rambled, gripping the back of his neck.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's fine. You're here now and that's all the matters. I understand. I was almost late to school about a week ago because I forgot my backpack at home. Totally fine." I gave him a reassuring smile and a hug that soon followed after. We pulled away and he looked a bit less stress-ridden.

"Thanks, I really needed a hug." He shoved his hands into his pocket and gave me a soft smile. I still felt bad for him. He's young, has teenage girls (including me) falling all over him, gets in trouble for everything he does, his mom was sick and he's dating a senior girl that's in his class. He could potentially get fired for me, so I decided right then and there that I was going to completely make this relationship worth his while.

"So, what would you like to do?" He asked. We had already planned on going to his house so why not make it special.

"Umm how about I cook you dinner tonight? Something to ease your mind." I gave him another smile. I didn't wait for his spoken reply because as soon as I said dinner, his face lit up. I ran into my kitchen and got some supplies to make chicken fettuccine alfredo. I ran back to where he was standing in no time and we were off.

As soon as we got to his apartment, I got to cooking. He sat on the little island that separated the kitchen and the living room, and watched me cook. As soon as it was done he was stuffing his face and trying to talk in the process. I gave him a confused look and he swallowed his food.

"I give you credit. I can't even cook this well and the most I can make is breakfast foods." As soon as he was done talking he was stuffing his face again. I'd probably cook for him more often, well since he enjoyed this so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why I chose Alfredo. I made some last night and I guess that's why I picked it.. mmmm Alfredo. And yay! my grad party is all over with! so more time to do things like typing! WOOOOT!