Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

To See The Look Of Disappointment Plastered On Your Face

I ended up spending the night at his house that night. Nothing happened, really, we just watched a bunch of movies and argued on which ones were better than the others. All of this talking and fun arguing covered up the real problem we were going to have. What about school tomorrow?

We didn't even begin to think about it until the next morning when we were scrambling to get ready, both of us freaking out to no end. He could just give me a ride, but then how would Becky get to school? Also, what would happen if anybody saw me getting out of his car, in the same clothes I'd been wearing the day before? This was too risky for the both of us.

"Ugh!" Chris plopped down on his bed. Normally I would have found the frustrated look on his face absolutely adorable, but under the given condition all I could do was plop down next to him on his bed. "I say screw it. I'm calling in for a sub. Mr. Chris Spencer has come down with a fever... or something of that nature." I nodded and gave him a confused look. "What you don't think I forgot about you did I? You're skipping with me."

"Mr. Spencer! I think as a respected teacher and with your status as it is, that you should be trying to catch skippers, not encouraging them." I did my best to look appalled, but the sarcasm was too clear in my face. He gave me a deceiving grin.

"Catch skippers. Sounds like a fun idea." Before I knew it he had tackled me to the ground and began tickling me. I tried my hardest to push him off, but nothing seemed to work. He would not give up. Instead of fighting his hands off, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. He stopped the minute our lips met.

"No fair! You can convince me do anything when you kiss me like that." He sat up and pouted as I rolled my eyes at him. He saw and changed the subject. "So.. what would you like to do today?"

"Uhh.. well for starters I would like to change out of my clothes and take a nice hot shower." He gave me this hopeful look before I added "alone". His pout immediately returned and I giggled.

"Well fine then. I'll take you home and wait for your hot shower to be done. I'll even try to be patient, but there's no promises." He got up, still pouting, and walked out the door with me tailing him.

My shower didn't seem warm enough, even though the water was almost scalding my skin. Chris was weighing on my mind and how hurt his face looked after I had said 'alone'. I didn't mean to hurt him. Hell, hurting him was the last thing on my mind at the time. I just think we would've moved too fast.

I wanted to call him in, I really did, but something in my mind kept nagging at me. It all came down to he's still my teacher and teachers are still off limits in that department. But he was more than my teacher now. He was my boyfriend. As weird as that would sounds connected with Chris Spencer, it's true. He was my boyfriend. I was his girlfriend. We were dating.

I was too distracted by my thoughts to hear the shower curtain movie and didn't realize I wasn't by myself anymore until two arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around, startled, to see a smile so charming that a raging mob of gorillas would stop dead in their tracks to look at it. It took my breath away.

"Sorry, there's not a patient bone in my body. I hope it's not a problem." He smiled again. The smile that could kill billions and the only thing I could do was shake my head.

He bent down and kissed me. He pulled me closer to him as our kisses became deeper. My body needed him and was horribly disappointed when he pulled away. I pouted and protested as much as I could without saying anything.

His smile was sheepish, "I just wanted to make sure you felt the same." He leaned back down and kissed me a little more forcefully. Before I knew it I was against the wall and both of hands were wandering. He broke away again. "I'm sorry, still a little fast.." I nodded and tried to avoid my hurt. He gave me a smile and stepped out of the shower so I could finish. I could hold the tears back but as soon as they were gone I was out and in my room trying to avoid his gaze.

Avoiding him didn't seem to work so well. He grabbed my arms to keep me still, but I couldn't look at him.

"Honey what's wrong?" His voice was straining as he was trying to hold me there. I couldn't fight back tears any longer.

"If you honestly can't tell what's wrong with me then you're as thick as syrup!" Insulting felt good and I didn't regret the hurt look in his eyes when I finally decided to look at them.

"About the shower? Oh shit, I'm sorry. I just- I don't know. I didn't want to hurt you, but that doesn't mean I don't want you. God, you have no idea HOW much I want you right now, but it would hurt in the long run and I didn't want that to happen. I'm sorry. I guess I ended up hurting you anyway." He couldn't look at me anymore. He sat on my bed with his head in his hands which was running though his hair.

"It's fine." No. It's not, but I'll get over that. I tried to force a smile on my face and sat down next to him. His face turned up a bit at me and I kissed the corner of his mouth. I couldn't stay mad at him. It was my fault anyway. I expected to much.

"Soon. I promise that." He kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been sooooooooooooooo long I'm sorry!
I'm in Turkey (Chicken) right now and my internet time is limited. Hopefully the chapter makes up for it :D