Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

A Close Call

I noticed he had bought a pair of swim trunks for himself while I was in the dressing room. He ran into another room and in what seemed like five seconds later was standing beside me again. He grabbed my hand and rushed out the door into the sun.

"What ride do you want to go on first?" He asked. I looked around and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, I've never been here before." He stared at me, his mouth agape. His look turned into a smile and then a mischievous grin.

"I know exactly what ride to take you on." Before I knew it he had grabbed my hand and rushed toward what seemed a small mountain. As we neared the ride I saw what it was. I had no clue what to expect from a ride called 'Dragon's Den'.

Since it was a weekday and school wasn't even out yet, the lines were short. We quickly got into the front of the line and stepped into a two person tube. There was two people ahead of us so we waited.

"You're not afraid of the dark are you?" Chris asked out of nowhere. I was, but not like night dark, like pitch black dark.

"That depends. Pitch black, yes. Nighttime, no." I turned around to look at his face and his mischievous grin had reappeared. We were at the front of the line now, waiting for the okay from the life guard.

"I'm sorry." Chris said as he pushed us forward. I looked ahead of me and saw what he was sorry about. We plummeted down into a pitch black tunnel. It curved, it dropped and I screamed my head off and Chris did nothing but laugh.

The tunnel didn't last too long though. Before I knew it we were in the light in a mist covered loop. The tube seemed like it was about to tip over from the turn. I looked back at Chris and he was leaning over the side trying to tip the tube over. All I could do was gape at him, but his attempts failed and we cascaded into a pool of water.

I hit him as we got out of the tube. I never wanted to go on that ride again. It was like when you're walking up the stairs in the dark and you think there's another step, but your foot falls through air and you're heart nearly stops because you think you're about to fall down the stairs. Yeah. Exactly like that.

"I am never going on that ride again." I stated and crossed my arms over my chest. His smile never faded as he walked toward me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad. Plus, if you got eaten by a dragon or something in the dark. I would avenge you and kill it by boring it to death about history lectures and how it doesn't actually exist." I laughed at this. His lectures weren't boring, but I could see him ranting about things that don't exist.

"Fine, where to next?" I uncrossed my arms and wrapped them around his waist as well.

"I'm hungry. Let's grab something to eat. And I promise, no fast rides so you'll puke once we get off of them." I laughed again and hugged him. He lead me to a food court and we decided quickly on burritos. "Here," he said handing me some money, "go grab some soda out of the vending machine. It's cheaper. Mountain Dew for me please." I obliged and went across the court for the sodas.

When I returned, or should I saw I was about fifty feet away from the burrito stand. I heard Chris's name being called, well, 'Mr. Spencer. I looked to see two girls rushing up to him to talk to him. He looked up and his eyes, widened, met with mine.

The two girls were a year below me, no doubt skipping school. I couldn't really move. I just stared at him as he tried to get away from talking to them. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses from a stand a few feet away from me and told the guy there I would return them in about five minutes. I think he only agreed because of the skimpy bikini I had on.

I put them on and sat down at a table about 15 feet away from where Chris and the two girls stood. I could hear everything they were saying.

"How come you're not at school today?" They asked him. This was a normal question.

"I took a personal day today and decided that I needed to have some fun. Now why aren't you two at school today? I think that's a more appropriate question." He seemed to get a little angry at the two girls. I didn't blame him, they were quite annoying.

"We decided to skip and go to the water park." They were bold, but Chris, being a teacher, had to give them a threat. Well he didn't have to, but he did.

"Well you better leave the water park and either go back to school or go home or I'll report you." He sounded serious, but I knew he was lying through his teeth. He would never report anybody. They gaped at him, looked at each other and then ran away towards the gate. I walked back over to the stand, returned the sunglasses and walked back to sit by Chris who had our food.

"That was fun. I feel so powerful that I can give a threat like that." He gave a triumphant look and handed me my burrito. Nothing was as good as a Bay Area burrito, not even the Mexican ones. "I think we should leave soon." He stated after taking a bite of his burrito.

"I agree, that was really close. I'm scare there might be more people we know here than we would have liked." The decision was final. We finished our burritos and went to his car. He wouldn't let me change back into my regular clothes, but I didn't mind so much now. We were off onto our next adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! two updates in two days! I think that's a new record! I was going to have this story go one way and then I had a revelation and now it's going to go a whole new way :D comment yadayadaya blah blah blah. you know what to do.