Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

The Bet

Chris's stomach was a bottomless pit. For this reason, we didn't go back to Oakland. Instead he drove us two and a half hours east to Fresno for Chinese. We ended up at a Restaurant called Dai Bai Dang Inc. I couldn't help but laugh as we pulled into the parking lot of the Chinese Restaurant. I put my clothes on over my swimsuit.

"What, they have the best Chinese food around." He complained at my laughter. I couldn't believe that he drove us this far for a Chinese Restaurant.

"There's Chinese places everywhere Chris. You couldn't pick one that was closer to Oakland?" I still could not stop laughing. And to add onto it, the look on his face after I said that was beyond hysterical.

"No. Like I said, they have the best Chinese food ever. You'll see what I mean when we get inside." I didn't trust his smirk. This man could eat anything and think it was good. He was the least picky eater I have ever met. He just shoveled it in and was done.

"Fine. I trust you, but you owe me if you're wrong." I smiled. I had no clue what he would owe me but that didn't matter right now.

"Fine. Then you owe me if I'm right." His smirk was more prominent now as he held out his hand to shake on it. I picked up my hand but didn't go near his.

"What would I owe you?" It was more of a statement then a question. I still did not trust his smirk. Something about it was just, well, not on.

"I'm not telling, but it'll be good for the both of us. That is, if you liked it the first time." I was lost by this but I had a feeling it had to do with the beach he brought us on our first date.

"Fine. Deal." I shook his hand and he jumped out of the car as quick as a flash. He was around to the other side, opening my door, by the time I had gotten my seat belt off. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the car.

We ran to the entrance when I saw it. A sign that said Voted Best Chinese Food In The Nation For Six Years Running.

"Shit." I swore under my breath. He knew what he was doing when I made the bet. That cheater! He turned to me with a gleam in his eye.

"You're going to love it." I knew I was, but this was not a fair bet. Our run turned into a walk as we entered the restaurant. A hostess greeted us and before I knew it, Chris and I were at a booth ordering our food.

"You cheated." I stated once the waitress left. He pulled an innocent look and placed his head on his hands to look at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about miss." His smirk appeared again and he stuck his tongue out at me. I fake glared at him.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't fair." I complained. I didn't actually mind being definite to lose the bet, but this was fun trying to get him to take it off.

"What, you never said you hand to know the restaurants reputation. But really, why else would I drive us this far to eat?" He had me. I groaned at his answer and he said, "you know I've already won, even without you trying the food. I always win."

"I know," I gave up, "what do I have to do master?" I knew defeat when it came. I didn't like defeat but this was something worth knowing anyway.

"You'll see when we get to my house. I suppose that I'll have to take you to your car so you can follow me and have a ride to school so we don't run into this predicament again. But you will see. You'll like it, I promise. Well I'll like it more but that doesn't matter."

Our food came finally. It was the most delicious Chinese Food I'd even eaten. Now I wasn't so worried about me losing the bet. Though I did want to know what we were going to do. We finished quickly, only because he wanted to get it done, and soon we were out the door and driving back to Oakland.

"Tell me." We had been doing this for about an hour. Tell me. No. Tell me. Noo. Tell meeee. Nope. It was getting nowhere at all.

"If I tell you will you stop asking questions?" That was a dumb question. Of course I would.

"Yes." I smiled, he was about to give in.

"Promise me, no more questions or complaining. And if you do then you owe me again." He held out his pinkie finger. I grabbed it with my own.

"I promise." I said, and after I heard his reply, I wish I hadn't.

"Lingerie." That was all he said. My mouth fell open and he smirked.

"You've got to be kidding me." I was staring at him in astonishment.

"Is that complaining I hear?" The last thing I wanted right now was another one of his Requests.

"No. Not at all." I had no choice now. I crossed my arms and pouted the rest of the way home. I did not want to do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW GUYS! 10 Stars!! :D I was so excited when I checked I did this dance and was the most embarrassing thing I have ever done in my life. Gladly, nobody was home. Hope you guys like this. There's more to Chris's request but that's in the next chapter. COMMENT! BAHA!