Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Perfect

We woke up around 10 the next morning and finished tidying up the house, all except for Chris's bed. Neither of us really wanted to touch it, so we did leave it for the landlord, which Chris hated anyway, so it was a win-win situation.

There was nothing to eat for breakfast that morning so we both settled on the last two Mountain Dews left in the fridge, we had packed all of the other ones. We both got dressed as soon as we had woken up, making sure to wear comfortable clothes, for it was a long drive to San Diego.

By 11AM we were out the door, turning out back on everything and leaving our home. It was okay for me. I never called my house a home. I couldn't take that place, I was always alone and bored there by myself. I much preferred friend's houses and sometimes even shitty hotels when I didn't have anywhere else to go.

We left everything behind and we were okay with it. It wasn't like we were never going to see people again. After everything that was actually true got out, we probably would never seen anybody again. I didn't let this thought get me down.

I stared back at the Bay Area as we left. I had lived here all my life and leaving was still a big shock to me. As long as I was with Chris, it all didn't matter.

"You okay?" He asked, keeping his eyes glued to the road.

"Yeah, will I like San Diego more than Oakland?" I really wasn't sure. I had never been to San Diego, except one time when my parents took me to the zoo. That was a long time ago.

"I'm sure you will. It's almost the same as Oakland, just a lot hotter and there's a lot more Mexicans, but the burritos are good!" Everything he said somehow lead us back to food. He gave a soft smile knowing my real problem. "I'm sure we'll be fine once we're there."

"I sure hope so. I don't feel like explaining how my teacher and I ended up in the same city, the same house and the same bed." He laughed at that. I was completely serious but thinking back on it, it was kind of a funny thing for me to say.

We sat in silence for a long time. Hours actually, but the silence wasn't uncomfortable in the least bit. He held my hand and we had run away together. Nobody had to know and if they found out than we didn't care.

Truth was, I didn't care at all what happened now. I was spoiled with my happiness and nothing else matters at this moment. He took an exit and pulled into a Burger King near by, ordered for the both of us and we ate in his car. We were back on the road in about 20 minutes.

Our silence lasted for another hour or so, but now we were listening to music that we both liked. Everything seemed so perfect at this exact moment that I can't describe really what it was. Just perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so this is super short I know
the next one will be better but I ran out of time to finish writing so it's now going to be 2 separate chapters including this one lol