Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 11 - Himmel Street

We neared the Cullen residence and I picked up the pace, hearing Jade’s heart rate slow down gradually. We could all smell them a mile away and when we arrived, Edward stood outside waiting.

He eyed Jade curiously. “What happened?” He asked.

'A leech attacked her. She needs help.' I mentally replied.

He nodded quickly and yelled for Carlisle to come down. He picked Jade up bridal style and carried her into the house. I eyed him carefully…

“Don’t worry, Jacob, I’m not going to try anything.” He reassured.

'Jacob, we’re going to go ahead and patrol the area for him.' Sam said. 'Keep us updated with her.'

I nodded and watched the five of them run back off into the forest. Alice came down moments later and handed me some clothes, and I quickly changed into them behind some trees. Thankfully they weren’t that tight on me, and so I bounded into the house and up the stairs, following Jade’s scent.

I walked into a room and she was on a bed, covered by a few heavy blankets. Carlisle sat at her side, and stuck an IV in her. I didn’t like to see it, but it was for the best. He checked her temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate, before he turned to me.

“Hello Jacob,” He smiled. “You’re lucky that you got her here in time, any longer and I don’t know if she could’ve pulled through. Don’t worry though, she’ll make it. I’m just going to go and get some supplies for the injury on her cheek.”

I nodded. “Thanks,” I mumbled.

He disappeared and left Jade and I alone in the room.

I walked over to her and sat down on a chair. I grabbed her hand and it was chilling to the bone.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you, Jade.” I mumbled softly.

-{}-

I got up from the damp cement floor and wobbled, becoming quite tipsy. I leaned against a brick building and collected myself, as I studied my surroundings.

'Where am I?' I thought. 'Port Angeles…?'

I was in an alley way. Dumpsters and garbage lined the walls. I covered my arms and rubbed them attentively as a chilling wind blew, and I started to walk towards the dimly lit street. No cars were passing, some were parked, but there was absolutely no life on this street.

I looked around for a street sign so I would know where on earth I was, and read the closest thing. Himmel Street.

'That’s pretty weird…' I thought. 'Himmel Street was one block away from home back in New York.'

I walked towards the post and noticed that in small writing on the top right corner, it read “Queens, New York.”

My eyes widened and I looked around. I couldn’t be in New York. I was in Washington… wasn’t I?

“No…!” A woman shouted, sounding distressed.

I looked around and saw a figure running out of the same alley way I had came from and sprint down the block. Another person sped out and began to follow her… he was too quick for a human.

He tackled the woman to the floor and growled menacingly. “This is how you chose to end your life, huh…?!” He bellowed. “Like an animal!?”

My feet went on their own as they guided me towards the scene. 'No, no, no, don’t walk towards them, it’s dangerous…!' My mind screamed, but my subconscious was too strong and so I continued on.

He chuckled sinisterly. “Well, I gave you a second shot at your choice—yet again you seemed to choose a stupid decision. To think that you could’ve ended your life, only to be reborn and live forever—”

“That’s not living… that’s only existing in a world you can never truly be apart of!” She screamed bravely, but fear was still embedded in her voice.

“Silence!” He smacked her across the face brutally, leaving a red mark on her face. “I could’ve gone easy on you… I could’ve gone easy on your entire family, on your mother, grandmother and so on…!” He glared icily at her, grabbed her by the throat, picked her up and slammed her into the brick building. “But no, you all had to die by my hand because you wanted to stay human. What a pathetic way to live life—as a human. You’re all so damned fragile… it’s sickening!” His grip on her throat tightened for a moment, but relaxed once again as he laughed to himself. “Now… now I’m going for your daughter, Sandra.”

“No, you leave her out of this!” She screeched.

“You know what I’m going to do to her? I’m going to change her into one of us—like she should be. When that thing was born into this world from that human mother and vampire father—that was a disgrace to vampires everywhere. Then for that creature to mate with a human, to produce another, this time, only partially immortal was even worse. For this cycle to be continuing on for centuries until the thing produced is fully human like you and your daughter… that’s when things become out of hand. It’s a good thing that your stepson Christian isn’t from your bloodline, or else he’d be gone too.”

“Please just leave me and my family alone…!” Sandra cried out.

It was then that I got a good look at Sandra. She was beautiful and had somewhat of an elegant look to her features. She had short, very light chestnut brown hair that framed her pale face and had dazzling hazel eyes that were glossy and that were now spilling tears out from them.

That was Sandra Young—my mom…!

I felt a pang in my chest and my stomach dropped as I realized what was happening. I was watching my mother’s death, up close and personal. I felt tears spill out of my own eyes as well and could only watch at what happened next.

“Please don’t do this!” My mom begged. “I’ll do whatever you want, just please leave my family out of this!”

“Too late,” He smiled. “I’m going to have fun playing with Jade, I can already sense it. To watch her cry in pain and to have her beg to be killed by my hand, it’ll be a reward of its own.” He paused in thought for a moment, before he chuckled to himself. “Or maybe… maybe I will spare her. Just to make her my bride. After all, I was engaged to your ancestor who created that journal of yours… Amelia, if I recall her name right. I think it’s only fair to finally have my bride after almost three hundred years of waiting… even if it’s not the same person, I’ll settle for a relative.”

“You’re insane…!” She screamed.

“No, I’m not.” He shook his head in disagreement. “I’m only vengeful. Now, any last request before I kill you?”

“Tell Jade… I love you, baby girl.” She nodded and more tears escaped her pain filled eyes.

“How touching, don’t worry, I’ll make sure she gets the message.” He smirked. “Goodbye Sandra.”

I heard the loud chilling sound of my mother’s neck cracking, her eyes widening and relaxing within a second of each other, and her straight posture becoming slumped. He brought his lips to her neck and began to drink to his heart’s content, filling his stomach with my mother’s red wine.

“Mom…” I whimpered as I let the tears cascade down my cheeks. “I love you too… so much.”

As Blake finished, he smirked and then mauled her neck, getting rid of the bite marks he had left, and left the scene, heading elsewhere.

I walked over to my mother’s dead body and got down onto my knees. Her face looked at peace, which was comforting in a way, yet still made me incredibly uneasy.

I looked back up to the street sign and couldn’t help but smile. Himmel Street, which can be translated from German to English to read ‘Heaven Street’.

My mother passed on Heaven Street… that was something to be thankful for in my eyes, fore we were descendants of creatures so evil and cold… we were descendants of vampires.

-{}-

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Jacob sitting beside me, head down, buried in his hands, looking quite frustrated and alone. It killed my heart to see him in such a state.

I smiled, his company making everything feel slightly better. “Hey, who died?” I joked.

His head snapped up, his eyes looking full of worry, and then engulfed me in a hug. “Thank god, you’ve woken up.” He sighed. “You had me so worried.”

“Glad to be up too, I was having such a bad dream,” I said, squeezing him tightly.

He kissed my cheek before separating and looked at me with curiosity. “What did you dream?”

“I watched Blake kill my mother,” I said quietly.

Jake moved onto the bed and sat next to me, pulling me into a hug as soon as he got comfortable. “You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” He said. “I won’t mind,”

“It’s fine, really. I just wish I didn’t have to watch it happen. Jake, did you know that there were such things as vampires?”

“Yes, I did,” He nodded slowly. “All the guys do too, but we can’t tell anyone. It’s dangerous to do that.”

“Why?”

“Because, if you know about them, there’s a higher chance of them coming after you,”

I shrugged, not really knowing how to reply to that.

A man with sleeked back, platinum blond hair, golden honey eyes, and extremely pale skin walked in. He wore some black pants and a light blue button up top. Even though he looked like he was in his middle ages, he was still pretty attractive.

“I thought I heard someone besides Jacob talking,” He smiled. “My name is Carlisle Cullen, I work at the hospital in Forks and I’m treating you here at my home. How do you feel?”

“All in all pretty good, a bit sore, but no real harm done,”

“Good, good,” He mused. “Do you have any real memory about what happened?”

I wasn’t quite sure what to say. I knew what had happened to me, it was too vivid to forget. I just wasn’t sure because Jacob said that they couldn’t tell anyone about Vampires, and I was wondering if the same rule applied to me. “Animal attack,” I said, going with the first thing that came to mind.

“You didn’t tell her about us?” Another voice asked.

A young boy with pale skin, the same golden honey eyes as Carlisle, and brown hair that was defying gravity entered the scene. He was attractive like Carlisle, and had the same look as him, yet he was completely different.

“She just woke up,” Jacob replied.

The boy’s eyes went to me and he smiled politely. “Hello, my name is Edward Cullen,” He said. “Carlisle is my dad, and I have four more siblings along with a mother downstairs. We’re all vampires.”

I tensed and Jacob wrapped his arm around me in a comforting way. “Don’t worry, they’re 'vegetarians',”

“How can vampires be—” I began, but Edward cut me off.

“Vegetarians? We don’t drink human blood, our blood supply comes strictly from the wildlife here, and we don’t attack humans.”

I nodded slowly. “It’s nice to meet you,” I finally said. “And you as well, Carlisle. I’m Jade Young,”

“Nice to meet you, too,” They both smiled.

While Jacob left to make a call to Sam to let him know how I was doing and that we would need a ride back to La Push, Carlisle took my temperature, blood pressure, and pulse before announcing me perfectly healthy. “You’re free to leave. If you feel any light headedness or any other symptoms just come back and I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks Carlisle, I will,” I nodded.

Carlisle left and then Jacob returned to the room and helped me up from the bed. I was a little wobbly, but I got my balance back and was walking downstairs on my own. I thanked everyone once more and walked outside to find Chris standing in front of the Charger.

I smiled and ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

“Are you alright?” He asked. “I was so worried when I heard an animal had attacked you, what were you doing outside anyways?”

“I’m fine. I was just taking a walk outside because I couldn’t clear my head, and I don’t remember what it was exactly.”

He nodded, hugged me once more, and helped me get into the back seat seeing as him and Jacob took up the front seat.

“Hey Chris, are you growing?” I asked.

“Yea, I guess I’m just having a late growth spurt or something,” He mumbled. “The doctor did tell me that I was probably going to keep growing for another year or so though.”

“When was this?”

“A year ago,” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and the rest of the car ride was pretty uneventful. Small talk and chit chat was basically it. We dropped Jacob off at his house because he asked us to, and then Chris and I drove home. Emily bombarded me with questions about my health and if I was alright as soon as we killed the engine.

I went up to my room and lay down on my bed before I fell asleep from exhaustion. I was too tired to even think about what would be happening next while I stayed here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry it took forever to get out, but I've been dealing with some personal issues of mine. Thank you for reading!