Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 12 - Sweet Dreams

Warmth enveloped me as I awoke the next day. Two arms wrapped comfortably around my body—one around my waist, the other around my chest. A sense of safety and loving overcame me as I snuggled closer into what I knew were Jacob’s large, muscular arms.

“You’re awake,” he mused softly, his hot breath tickling my ear, awaking my senses much more quickly. “How do you feel?”

I took a deep breath and relaxed into his chest. “Fine, nothing hurts. I’m good.” I shrugged, and sat up in bed, looking back at him.

“Great, Emily came up here an hour ago and said that breakfast was ready. The guys left already, and took Chris to hang out with them, and Emily just left to go into town and buy some more groceries. Lord knows we need them.” He joked, sitting up as well.

“Did you already eat?”

“No, I was waiting for you.” He shook his head.

“That’s nice, thanks,”

He smiled. “It wasn’t a problem or anything,” He shrugged.

“Yeah, but I think I’d feel better if you didn’t wait for me. For all you know I could’ve woken up in the afternoon.” I laughed. Jacob’s stomach rumbled and growled viciously. “Besides, I don’t think your stomach would be able to tolerate a separation from food for long.”

“You’re probably right,” He scratched the back of his head, a sheepish smile playing his lips.

“It’s the thought that counts, though,” I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Now, let’s go and eat, I don’t want to put your stomach through any more hardship.”

“It thanks you kindly,”

We descended the two flights of stairs and sauntered into the kitchen. The food was cold, obviously, and so I heated everything up by putting it into the microwave. The alarm went off and so Jacob greedily took everything out while I grabbed us some plates and a few glasses.

“What do you want to drink?” I asked as I walked to the fridge to get us some beverages.

“Anything’s fine,” He shrugged.

“Well, choose, we’re stocked up on Orange Juice, Orange Juice, and Orange Juice.” I looked at him expectantly with a small smile.

“So hard to choose, but… I’ll have a glass of milk.” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I got out the carton of OJ and walked over to the counter, pouring the orange liquid into the two tall cups. I put the cap back on before walking over with one glass in each hand and handed one to him as I sat at the table. He mumbled thanks with a smile and handed me a plate that had a bit of everything.

We ate in silence, both of us being a bit too hungry to think or even consider doing anything other than feeding ourselves. Jake would occasionally look at me, and I would occasionally look at him, that alone was as good as a conversation for me. At least I knew that even through his hunger he thought of me, and hunger always came first to these boys.

I ate half then less my plate held before I pushed it away from me. “I’m full, do you want to finish it for me?”

He looked up at me and swallowed what he had in his mouth. “You’re full? That wasn’t much of anything, Jade; can you eat a bit more?”

I sighed, took my plate back, and took about ten more small bites, Jacob watching me the entire time. I pushed the plate back and he sighed.

I could tell that he had hoped for me to finish more than I had, but was pretty content that I ate at all. “Alright,” He said, and took the plate, putting the food onto his own plate.

I got up, took my now bare plate and glass along with his empty cup and walked into the kitchen. I put the plates into the sink, and poured him some more OJ before walking back and putting his filled glass in front of him. He chugged it down, quenching his thirst, and smiled at me.

“Bring your plate to me when you’re done,” I instructed.

He nodded and I left and headed back into the kitchen. I turned the knob on the sink and let the warm water cascade down and out of the faucet. I grabbed the sponge and soap as I grabbed the few dirty plates and began to scrub them down. A few minutes passed before another one was passed along to me and arms wrapped around my waist.

Jacob’s chin rested upon my left shoulder and his breath tickled my neck as I washed his plate and glass. After I had finished I turned to him and looked up to face his dark chocolate eyes.

We didn’t break eye contact and stayed like that for a few minutes, the intimacy between us very tense. He leaned in and kissed my lips, his hand cupping my face while the other rested on my hip. I kissed back and let my hands rest on his chest. He backed me into the counter and pushed up against me. I became more aroused and aware as he did this, and I couldn’t help but let out a small and almost inaudible moan. He heard it and smirked into the kiss, and left my lips, heading for my neck. I was allowed to catch my breath, and I let him gently ravage my neck with butterfly kisses. A minute passed, maybe it was two or three actually—I wouldn’t know, I was too caught up in the moment and pleasure to really care either—and he had soon found my sweet spot. My breathing hitched and I fell deeper into bliss. I felt his lips change into a smirk before he nibbled and grazed the spot with his teeth, causing my mind to go haywire.

He pulled back and retreated to my lips, the intensity of the first kiss was nothing compared to this one. Finally he stopped, and we stared at each other in slight disbelief and pleasure.

He grabbed my hand and led me out of the kitchen and into the living room and we both sat down. I pulled him down and let his head rest on my lap and he seemed to enjoy it, getting quite comfortable. I played with his hair and he played with my other hand.

“Jacob,” I began, and his attention quickly went from my hand to my face, although he still fondled my hand gently. “If I ask a question, will you answer me—truthfully…?”

“I will to the best of my ability,” He nodded and waited for me to voice it.

“When I was out in the woods with Blake, he said that you and the guys had a secret, and that you were ‘mutts’… what did he mean by that?”

Jacob took a deep breath and kissed my hand before placing it on his chest, his warm hand covering it. “You’ll have to promise me that you won’t change the way you think of me, or the guys and that you will keep it a secret.”

I nodded eagerly as I ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm him seeing at how tense he had suddenly become.

“Jacob,” Sam’s familiar voice called out, a bit of an authoritarian edge to it, and entered the house. “We need you for something. Come on, right now.” He turned his head to me. “Are you feeling better, Jade?” I only nodded in response, a little ticked that he interrupted Jacob. “Good, I have to borrow Jake for a bit, but you’ll have him back later. Don’t do anything reckless and don’t leave the house.” He ordered, and walked out without another word.

Jacob sighed, yet I could make out a hint of thankfulness in his eyes. “I’ll tell you later, Jade, alright?” He said, and stood up in front of me.

“You promise?” I questioned in all seriousness.

“I promise.” He nodded and kissed my lips quickly before rushing out of the house. “I’ll see you later,” He called.

I sighed. “Later,” I mumbled.

-{}-

Sam and I tied our clothes to our ankles as we changed and raced off into the woods without a second thought. My heart sank a bit when Jade’s wonderful smell of strawberries was gone.

'So what’s happening?' I asked Sam.

'It’s Chris.' He answered. 'He finally went berserk and‘s changing.'

I didn’t need to ask anything else because we were soon arriving where the rest of the guys were congregated around him. He was trying to land punches on every one of them.

Paul grabbed his fist with his hand and punched him in the gut. “I’m getting tired of your shit!” He yelled in annoyance.

Chris, in turn, managed to land a pretty good punch back at Paul, right on the nose. Paul began to tremble, his anger beginning to get the best of him and thankfully the guys held him down. Chris smirked and it set Paul off completely. Paul ripped out of the guys’ arms and changed, his clothes being torn to shreds in front of us all, and growled menacingly at Chris.

Chris looked like he was in physical pain as he glared hatefully back at Paul. Suddenly his body mutated and he was changed. He had golden brown fur that looked silky smooth, every single strand stood on edge as his anger rose.

They both clashed and that was when Sam and I intervened. Sam went at Paul, and I went at Chris. We separated the two of them and kept them away from each other.

'What the hell is going on?!' Chris’s voice rang angrily throughout my mind.

'Calm down, Chris,' Sam responded, his Alpha tone making itself known and immediately Chris calmed down slowly.

'What is going on?' Chris repeated, his tone still ticked off, but was more controlled.

It was then Sam began to explain everything about us—our heritage, our abilities, and our duty and responsibility as what we were. He took it all in like a sponge, listening carefully and avidly to each word and sentence.

After it was done, we waited for his response.

'So my ‘sickness’ was just signs and symptoms of my changing…?' He inquired.

'That’s right. Sam’s wolf-shaped head nodded slowly. Tonight there’ll be a bonfire as a usual get together, so I suggest that you go home and get some rest. You’ll need it after what happened.' He looked at me expectantly and nodded towards Chris. 'Jacob will go and take you home. And I’ll tell you now… you must never tell anyone about us.'

I then led Chris through the bushes and trees, making our way back to Sam’s home. When we got to the tree line, I instructed Chris on how to return back to normal. It took about a good five minutes or so before he got it down.

'Jacob, I need you to help patrol.' Sam’s voice echoed in my mind. 'It seems that there’s been a vampire sneaking around here a minute ago.'

I gave Chris my shorts, fully knowing he couldn’t go marching into the house naked, and instructed him to bring me a clean pair from his own drawer. He quickly returned, tied them to the string around my ankle, and I was off again, hurtling towards the others.

For all I knew, it could’ve been Blake trying to come and hurt Jade again…

One thing I knew for sure though was that I was going to kill him before that ever happened.

-{}-

Cold…

I was cold.

My eyes fluttered open and revealed a whole new world. Trees surrounded me and I was staring upwards at the gray clouded sky as I lay on my back. A sudden pain made itself apparent in the back of my head. It was a terrible migraine. I sat up and got onto my feet, wobbling as I got used to standing up on my numb legs.

I looked around and hoped to find something to point out my whereabouts—nothing.

“Hello?” I called out, my voice echoing in the forest. “Hello?” I screamed loudly this time.

Black birds—crows—flew from the tree tops, making me jump slightly at the unexpected action. A minute passed and I now knew that it wasn’t my voice that scared off the birds; it was something more than that.

Pounding…

I heard pounding.

It wasn’t pounding like a door, nor was it pounding like a hammer on a nail. It sounded like animal paws hitting the floor at an incredible pace, obviously hunting for a meal.

Me… I was the meal.

As the realization of it dawned on me, I turned and began to run in the opposite direction of the crazed animals. Their panting became clearer as they gained on me. It was as if they were breathing right on me.

Then the pack of gigantic wolves passed me and I stood there in shock.

What had just happened?

Wasn’t I their target—their meal of the day?

“Jacob!” A feminine voice screamed. “No!”

Suddenly another wolf ran by, lagging behind the others. His coat of russet fur was entrancing as it shined naturally, its body moving gracefully around and above the obstacles it faced as it moved forward.

Compelled by no real reason, I followed the animal—well, I tried to follow the animal. I lost him after a few minutes, but thankfully I had a gut instinct of where he had gone to. It sort of scared me at how I knew where to go, but I just kept running in the same direction.

There was a blood curdling scream from the feminine voice and that was the end—I was in a world of darkness.

-{}-

I shot up from bed and stared at my door in shock. My heart was racing and my breathing was uneven. I cupped my face in my hands, letting myself calm down. I looked at the clock and it was eight at night, the moon beginning to ascend towards the middle of the sky.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I stood up and stretched. What a crazy dream, I thought.

There was a knock at my door and it opened small enough for Chris to pop his head in, he gave a small smile and opened the door a bit wider, letting his full body stand in the door frame.

“Hey, get dressed out of your pajamas, we’re getting ready to go and head over to the bonfire.” He said.

“Bonfire?”

“Yea, just get dressed. We’re going to leave in a bit.”

I nodded and he left, closing the door behind him. I grabbed some regular jeans and a t-shirt before slipping into them quickly. I put my shoes on and grabbed a brush, giving my hair a quick run through. I grabbed a jacket and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

Everyone helped load the food into Sam’s truck where he and Emily would drive to the bonfire, and Chris and I would follow in the Charger.

Arriving took less than thirty minutes. Some people were already there, they were: Sue Clearwater, with Seth and Leah, Quil, Embry and Jared stood around, an a man in a wheel chair was next to Sue.

“C’mon, let’s go and put the food onto the tables.” Emily said, and we all grabbed a few of the foil pans and carried them over.

More people from La Push began to arrive and soon two arms wrapped around my waist.

I turned and saw a smiling Jacob. “Hey,” I smiled and hugged him tightly.

“Hey, sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner,” He rubbed my back soothingly, and I could imagine a smile on his face. We separated and he kissed my forehead, before letting his arm rest around my shoulders. “There’s someone I want you to meet,” He said and led me to the man in the wheelchair.

Jacob cleared his throat and the man turned around to face us. He smiled and placed his arms on his lap. “Hi Jacob, who is this?”

“Dad, this is Jade Young,” He introduced. “My girlfriend.” He turned to me. “Jade, this is my dad, Billy Black.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Jade,” Billy smiled. “Jacob can’t shut his mouth about you at home.” He laughed heartily. “And call me Billy.”

“Nice to meet you, too, Billy.” I smiled warmly.

“So you’re Emily’s niece?”

“Yea, my dad is her brother.” I nodded. “My brother, Chris, is over there fooling around with the guys.”

“Okay, well, we’re going to leave you alone now dad.” Jacob said and guided me towards the gang.

“Bye, Billy, it was nice meeting you.” I waved slightly.

“Bye Jade, come on over any time you’d like.”

When we were away from Billy, I looked at Jake. “You’re dad’s nice,” I smiled. “Why’d we have to leave so soon?”

“He would’ve gone off about stuff…” He mumbled, a light pink tint coming onto his cheeks.

I rolled my eyes and suppressed a laugh. “Oh, and when can you tell me…?” I whispered.

“Later, because I don’t think that right now’s the time or place?” He asked with pleading eyes.

“Yea, sure, that’s fine.” I nodded. “I just don’t want to be left out of the loop for too long.”
He smiled and kissed my cheek. “Thanks, Jade,”

I nodded and we continued towards the guys. Kim was here, and so I separated from Jake and walked over to her.

“Hey,” I greeted. “Haven’t seen you in a while,”

She smiled back and nodded. “Yea, it’s been a while. How’ve you been?”

“Better,” I shrugged. “You?”

“Fine, fine,” She rolled her eyes. “Billy’s going to tell stories at the bonfire. Have you heard them before?”

“Nope,” I looked over the fire, the bright orange flames licking the wood and letting pieces and sparks of itself float up in the air slowly.

“Well, lets get some food, I’m hungry and Jared wants to be a girl for once and talk with the guys.” She rolled her eyes.

“I can’t believe Jared would rather talk than eat food,” I said in slight disbelief.

“Did someone say ‘food’?”

Speak of the devil.

Jared sneaked over to Kim, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her cheek. “Did I hear right?” He asked.

“Yea,” she nodded.

“Then what are we waiting for?” He said, and quickly marched towards the table. “Let’s go eat, I’m starving!”

Jake grabbed my hand and we both began to walk towards the food table as well. I should’ve known that I would be dragged along with them. If one was hungry, they were all hungry. I guessed that it was just a guy thing.

After the guys were stuffed to their stomachs’ content—for now—we all huddled around the fire with a few of the rest of the residents of La Push. Billy then rolled to the front and began to tell legends about the Quileute tribe. I listened to Billy’s voice as I stared at the fire, it was hypnotic. About thirty minutes had passed or so before Billy thanked everyone for listening and it was over.

People got up from their seats, which was mostly the ground or a log, and helped clean up. I didn’t want to get up, it was far too comfy. I was sitting on Jacob’s crossed legs, and was being held against his chest. Slowly I got up and helped Jake stand up from the ground.

After everyone helped clean up, people began to leave the site, heading home. Chris was talking with Sam in private and I was waiting for him at the Charger, after all, he had the keys to the car.

Chris walked over a few minutes later and handed me the keys. “I’m gonna stay over at Embry’s house tonight, so you can head on home.” He said. “Be careful.” With that he turned and began to walk away.

I nodded and a thought came to me. “Chris,” I called, stopping him in his tracks. He looked back with a questionable expression. “I have a question.”

“What?” He asked with curiosity.

“Are… are you my step-brother?”

His eyes widened with shock, but returned to normal a moment later. They held a sad gleam to them as he turned away. “We’ll talk about this later.” He finally declared. “Why don’t you have Jacob take you home? I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I wanted to disagree and talk about it now, but I decided to let him slip. I knew that once he had decided on something, there was no changing his mind.

Jacob walked over a few minutes later, a small smile on his lips, and kissed me gently. “Chris asked me to take you home,” He said. “Keys?” I put them into his large, rugged hands and walked around the car to the passenger side in silence. Jacob’s eyes never leaving my form. I got in and buckled up as Jacob looked at me. “What’s eating you?”

“Nothing, I’m just tired…” I lied while yawning.

“Oh…” Jake shrugged his shoulders, probably knowing that I wasn’t telling the truth and wasn’t going to tell him what it was.

Jacob pulled me into his arms as we drove home and I found myself falling asleep in his care. What seemed to be only seconds later, he picked my up bridal style and carried me out of the car and into the abandoned home. I heard the stair case creak as we ascended them and towards my room.

I was laid down onto the bed and I felt him climb in next to me. I snuggled closer into his chest and breathed in his scent. It relaxed my muscles, and the familiarity of it made me feel calm and safe. He ran a hand through my hair and we were soon fast asleep.

-{}-

My eyes snapped open as I escaped from the same dream I had had only a few hours earlier. I slowly got out of Jacob’s comforting grasp and sat up. I slumped onto the floor and crawled quietly over to my dresser. I took out the diary from its hiding space and opened it up to a new page. I grabbed a pen that had fallen on the floor and began to write of the day’s activities.

'Dear Diary,

Things in La Push are beginning to feel somewhat like a horror film. Things that I have been told about that are supposedly fiction and fake are in fact real. Vampires exists.

If these creatures exist, who is to say that other beings don’t also?'

I paused for a minute and let it all sink in again. Sighing quietly, I closed the book. I don’t think I wanted to write anymore. Instead, I opened the book and looked at the front page again.

The moonlight’s gift

Is another’s curse

A guardian, protector

For better, for worse

A descendant of those

Who kill for red wine

Immortal enemies

Will cross the line

Destined to meet

Is two youth’s fate

Love at first sight

Will overcome hate

I read it again and tried to think of what it could mean since I knew very well that immortals did in fact exist.

The moonlight’s gift

Is another’s curse

A guardian, protector

For better, for worse

“The moonlight’s gift…” I thought. What was something in movies where there was a connection to the moon…? Werewolves, of course. “Is another’s curse” is pretty explanatory since usually in horror films the werewolf is changed unwillingly. I read the two next lines, but I couldn’t come to a conclusion, so I skipped to the next stanza.

A descendant of those

Who kill for red wine

Immortal enemies

Will cross the line

“A descendant” is obviously a child or grandchild. “Who kill for red wine” is talking about vampires who kill for blood. I deducted. “Immortal enemies will cross the line.” Werewolves and vampires will do something that’s forbidden…?

I read the next stanza:

Destined to meet

Is two youth’s fate

Love at first sight

Will overcome hate

“Destined to meet is two youth’s fate.” Two young people are going to meet. “Love at first sight will overcome hate.” Their differences won’t matter because they’re in love… I concluded.

“Well that’s just cheesy,” I mumbled.

So… since I’m a descendant of vampires, this could technically apply to me. I thought and looked over at Jacob’s sleeping form, hearing his soft snores put a smile on my face. But he couldn’t be a werewolf. He’s not a monster.

I put my things away and walked back to bed, got back into his arms and got comfortable once more.

“I love you, Jacob,” I whispered.

His arms squeezed me. “I love you, too, Jade.” He smiled, digging his nose into the crook of my neck and kissing it softly. “Sweet dreams,”

“Sweet dreams,”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!