Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 21 - Dream

Jacob and I got off of the plane in Port Angeles and headed for the gates where Emily was supposed to be waiting for us. Chris had inherited the house, since he was 18-years-old, and we had decided to rent it out as a way to earn money for college. It was rented out within a week and a half—I wasn’t surprised, apartments and houses were hard to find in New York. Chris would be driving back home to La Push in our dad’s Cadillac CTS and I couldn’t wait to see him home again.

“Jade,” Emily extended her arms out and smiled at me, giving me a long and comforting hug. “How’ve you been?”

“Better, but surviving I guess,” I replied. “What about you?”

“Same old, same old,” She shrugged. “Come on, let’s get you guys home.”

-{}-

Jacob was dropped off at his house, and Emily and I continued on to home. I walked up the stairs and back into my room, and it brought a smile to my face. I unpacked and then flopped backwards onto my bed.

“Oh my God,” I whispered. “I’ve missed you, bed.”

My window was tapped on lightly and I sat up straight. I got out of bed, sauntered over to it, and then pulled the curtains to the side. Jake smiled at me and motioned for me to open it up.

I smirked and shook my head in disagreement and closed the curtains.

“Hey…!”

I laughed and reopened them, unlocking the lock and opening it up. He climbed in and closed it behind him, and then turned to me with a smile.

“What was that for?” He inquired.

I shrugged. “You know I love to mess with you.”

He kissed my lips softly, and took my face into his hands. He pushed me onto the bed and climbed on top of me, grabbing my hands and hoisting them above my head. His lips left mine and he started his decent down my neck, leaving butterfly kisses along the way. He found my sweet spot and began to nibble away at it, the sensation tingling. I moaned lightly and a smile put itself on my face.

Jake pulled away quickly and smirked down at me. “You know I love to mess with you, too,”

I gawked at him. “That’s not messing with me, that’s just being a damn tease,” I laughed.

“You’re right,” He agreed. “I don’t like being a tease.”

He dove back and began to kiss my neck softly again. I brought his lips to mine and ran my hands through his hair. His hands went down to the hem of my shirt and went underneath the fabric, although they never traveled higher than my rib cage, they rested upon my stomach, tracing circles on my skin.

He separated and smirked down at me as he took off his shirt, tossing it to the side. I let my hands trace his muscular torso and soon he went down on me again, our lips molding together perfectly.

He rolled over, pulling me along for the ride, and I was now straddling his hips comfortably. I smiled into the kiss and I could feel his lips curve up along with mine. I was getting hot now, and Jacob’s abnormal temperature wasn’t exactly helping that dilemma.

'What the hell,' I thought and pulled away from his lips. I reached for the bottom of my shirt and pulled it over my head, tossing it to the side as well, revealing my black bra. I blushed lightly as I saw Jacob’s eyes flash across my chest and dart to my eyes.

I slowly leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. He kissed back and rested his hands upon my bare back and pulled me closer. I moved my hands up and down his chest, letting my fingers trace his few abs and I felt him shudder beneath my touch and he rolled back over so I was lying on the bed.

“Hey Jade, want to—whoa,” Emily jumped when she saw Jacob and I, I grabbed the blankets protectively and held them close to my upper torso. “Jake, get your shirt on and go home.”

Jacob nodded quickly, grabbed his black shirt that was on the floor, and slipped it on as he passed by Emily. Emily waited until she heard the front door close and then she began to talk again.

“What was all that?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged and looked around the room, trying to find anything to look at besides her penetrating brown eyes.

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“What do you want me to say?” I held the blankets tighter to my body uncomfortably. “I mean, it wasn’t like we were doing anything.”

“That’s not what it looked like,” She crossed her arms.

“Well that’s how it was!” I retorted. “I swear, Emily, we weren’t doing anything!”

“Why were you both topless?”

“It… I… oh my God, I don’t know.” I groaned.

“How can you not know, Jade?”

“It was the heat of the moment…literally and figuratively!”

“What do you mean by that?”

“We were just kissing and I was getting hot and—”

“Jade!” She shouted in disbelief.

“Not like that!” I yelled. “Jacob’s body temperature was heating me up and I was getting hot! Then he had his shirt off and I just don’t know!” I fell backwards onto my bed and groaned. “This really wasn’t planned!”

She sighed and then sat on my bed. “Alright, Jade, I believe you.” She nodded, and then patted my leg. “I’m sorry for thinking the worst. You’re just so young, only sixteen and—wait—when is your birthday?”

I cleared my throat. “March 17th,” I muttered.

“Jade! Why didn’t you tell us!” She burst. “It’s already April 27th!”

“Sorry,” I gave an uncomfortable smile. “I guess it just kind of slipped my mind with the whole being in New York thing.”

She sighed. “Okay, but still… I believe that you’re still too young to be doing this.”

“Emily, I’m still a virgin, and I don’t want to have sex for a while.” I said.

She smiled. “Alright, but… I guess what I’m trying to say is that you should wait until it’s the right moment. If the right moment comes, than do whatever you guys want. I just want you to be able to look back on your first time and think that it was great, and it wasn’t just for the heat of the moment or lust.” She explained. “I made that mistake, and I’m not proud of it.”

I nodded my head in understanding. “I know what you’re saying, Emily, and I feel the same way.”

She smiled. “Alright, well, get to bed, it’s already midnight.” She said. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

She walked out of the room and I slowly walked over to my dresser, getting out some pajamas. I changed into them and then climbed into bed.

My phone buzzed and I looked at the newly received text.

"Did I get you in trouble? :( — Jacob "

"Not exactly. Emily just gave me the ‘you’re too young’ speech. Nothing to worry about. – Jade"

"I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I should’ve stopped you. – Jacob"

"Jacob, it’s fine. :) Really. – Jade"

"Okay, see you tomorrow. – Jacob."

"Okay, goodnight. (: -- Jade."

"Night. – Jacob."

I got comfortable in bed, put my phone onto my nightstand, and then fell asleep soon after.

-{}-

I was running through the trees, running as fast as I could. My heart was racing, pumping away faster than a hummingbird’s wings. I followed the sounds of growls and the pounding of paws on the dirt ground.

There was a blood curdling scream and I picked up the pace, more curious of what was happening.

I was going farther into my dream…

I found the pack, although they were in the middle of fighting. I knew seven of them were Sam, Paul, Jared, Quil, Embry, Seth and Leah, but I didn’t know who the two new wolves were. They jumped, tore, and bit at the vampires. I only knew one of them, and that was Johnny, the others were unrecognizable to me.

Where were Chris and Jacob?

My feet moved on their own and I was soon hurtling through the fight that was only getting bloodier.

I sped into the trees and out of the clearing, I had never been this frantic. I felt like my heart was just going to pop out of my chest—I felt like my life depended on this information…

And it very well might have…

I found the russet fur coat I’d been looking for and the golden fur that was accompanying it. I let out a sigh of relief as I saw Jacob and Chris were perfectly fine.

I then noticed something. A few yards away, Blake stood there holding me to a tree, draining the blood and life out of me through the holes he had pierced in my neck. I was squirming around in his grasp, and letting out shrieks of pain and fright as he continued to drain me.

Jacob whimpered and then let out a loud growl that made me flinch, Chris doing the same. They charged at him but were unable to get by; he had one of his barriers up, protecting him.
He looked at the two wolves that growled menacingly and smiled, licking my blood off his lips.

He threw my body onto the floor and then taunted them even more by grabbing my wrist and taking a bite out of that as well.

I watched myself scream wildly in pain and thrash around, trying to get him off.

“Stop! It burns!” Tears cascaded out of my eyes and Jacob and Chris growled and whimpered as they watched me slip away.

I felt a falling sensation and then was in a black abyss of nothing. Cold enveloped me and I looked around.

Usually if this happened, I would wake up… so why wasn’t I now?

“Jade…”

I spun around and saw Sandra Young. “Mom…?” I whispered.

“Hey baby,” She smiled. “You’ve grown so much since I’ve last seen you.”

I smiled and tears of happiness strolled down my face as I ran to her. “Mom, I’ve missed you so much…” I said as I threw my arms around her. She was just as I remembered. She was warm and smelled like vanilla, and her eyes had a special glimmer to them making her appear kind and caring.

“I have too, baby,” She kissed the top of my head. “I’m sorry that you’re involved in this mess Jade, I really am. I never planned for this to happen.”

“I know, its fine, mom.” I smiled.

“Jade…” She began. “I’m afraid that not even the pack can save you from this. Blake has been around for centuries. He has tricks, strength, abilities, and friends that are at his disposal.”

“Mom, Jake and the pack are strong; I know that they can take care of Blake.” I said. “They’ve gone after him before when he came onto the reservation.”

“Those run-ins were nothing compared to what he can really do.” She urged. “I know him, Jade. He won’t stop until he gets what he wants, he won’t stop until he gets you. And the bloodier this gets, the more he gets into it, which means he’ll get more aggressive.”

“Mom, you have to trust them.”

“I do, I do trust them.” She nodded her head. “I’m just worried for you.”

“Mom, you know the diary you gave me…?” She nodded her head. “Did you ever notice that on the back there was a lock?”

“I tried to open it up, never could get it though. Why do you ask?”

“Jacob and I got it open a while ago.”

“What was in it?”

“A necklace,” I reached for it and took it off my neck. “This one.”

I hoisted it back up and she gently took it from my grasp. A smile made it’s way upon her face. “This is a great treasure, you must carry this with you always. It’ll come in handy.”

“What is it?”

“I can’t tell you,” She said, giving a sad smile. “It’s not the time.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m afraid you’ll have to find out on your own.” She said. “Not even Blake will know this is coming.” She hugged me and then put it back on. “This is what you can use to your advantage. This is what will help you.” She smiled at me and kissed my forehead. “Jade…?” Her lips moved but it wasn’t her voice.

It was Jacobs.

“Jade, come on it’s time to wake up.”

-{}-

My eyes snapped open and I saw Jacob standing there with a small smile. “Hey, morning,” He kissed my cheek and then sat down next to me. “How’d you sleep?”

“Been better,” I shrugged and sat up.

He pulled me into his chest. “Bad dream?”

“You can say that,”

“What happened?”

“You’re not gonna like it.”

“Tell me,” He insisted.

“Um, I was running through the trees and I came upon the pack fighting vampires. You and Chris weren’t there, and I don’t know why, but I just started to run in a random direction. I saw you and him growling at Blake and he had me pinned to a tree and was… uh, biting me…” I trailed off, and I looked at him through the corner of my eye.

His eyes were glaring daggers into the wall an his lips formed one hell of a thin line. I could practically feel the anger and hatred coming off of him.

“Jake, it’s just a dream. I highly doubt that it’ll ever happen.” I said, trying to calm him down. “Besides, I know that you’ll always be here to protect me.”

He looked down at me and gave a shaky sigh. “Yea, I’m not letting some damn leech like him get you, Jade.” He said. “Or any bloodsucker for that matter.”

I laughed and then kissed Jake’s lips. “I know you won’t, now let’s go downstairs, I’m hungry.”

He followed me and we made our way down the stairs. After eating breakfast we sat down on the couch in the living room and watched television under Emily’s watchful eye from the kitchen. It kind of irked me that she was watching us like a hawk, but I guess I could kind of understand her reasoning.

The front door burst open and then Quil and Embry ran inside and in front of the T.V., giving loud pants.

“Jake… Blake’s outside.” Quil panted.

Jacob shot out of my arms and out of the house.

I was praying to God this wouldn’t turn out to be anything like my dream.