Sequel: For You, I Will
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Undisclosed Desires

Chapter 17: The Pain of Regret

***Seth’s POV***

“You ready?” Jacob called as he entered Emily’s house. Embry, Quil, Leah, Jared and Sam were packed on the couch, eyes glued to the TV. Emily was in the kitchen making lunch. Seth came bounded down the stair, a huge grin on his face.

“You bet!”

As Seth reached Jacob, another set of feet came trumping down the stairs. A few seconds later, Paul’s moody face appeared around the corner. Paul had his hands shoved in the pockets of his jean shorts. He shoved past Jacob and Seth as he made his way out of the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Emily called to him, walking out of the kitchen to stare after him. Paul shrugged his broad shoulders.

“I’m going up to Port Angeles with Kara.”

Emily sent him a dark glare, and then turned back and headed into the kitchen.

Seth frowned.

“I thought you promised Alex you’d be there today.”

Paul shrugged again, kicking a rock by his foot.

“Not my problem. I don’t care.”

“What do you want me to tell her?”

“Tell her I’m off fucking someone worth being with,” Paul snapped, turning around and jogging off in the direction of Kara’s house.

Seth just shook his head sadly.

“Don’t worry about him. If he wants to miss today, then let him. It’s his own fault.” Jacob told him, patting his back.

Seth sighed heavily, and Jacob said,

“We better get going. We don’t want to keep Alex waiting.”

Seth nodded as he and Jacob distanced themselves from one another.

Seconds later, they were running alongside each other, headed towards the Cullen house.

You nervous? Jacob asked, veering off to the left. Seth followed.

Yeah, a little…

Have you two decided on names?

Yup! Seth thought, nodding his head excitedly. Jacob saw the two names in Seth’s head, and smiled.

Those are perfect. Oh, there’s Edward now, Jacob thought, slowing down to a trot. Seth followed his lead, and Edward gave them privacy as they phased.

As Seth emerged from the trees, a small, round shape emerged from the house, waddling towards him excitedly.

Alex was just as beautiful as ever. Her long, golden brown hair hung in natural curls around her face. She was wearing a billowing tanks top that was tight on top, but flowed nicely over her belly.

Her face lit up as Seth closed the gap between them; he wrapped his arms around her enlarged figure, and gently squeezed her, careful not to hurt her stomach. She was eight weeks pregnant now, and today they were going to find out the sex of the baby.

“Are you excited?” Seth asked, pulling away from the hug to smile down at Alex.

“Oh yeah!” Alex laughed, beaming up at him.

All Seth could think about was how gorgeous Alex looked.

“You’re so beautiful,” Seth whispered, though he knew Jacob, Edward, and most likely the other Cullens in the house could hear him.

Alex blushed, and took a hold of Seth’s hand. She gave him a squeeze, and said,

“You’re so sweet, Seth.”

Alex glanced over and waved to Jake. Seth watched her glance around the entire front lawn for a few moments.

“Where’s Paul?” she asked, looking back up into Seth’s face.

Seth sighed, and said,

“He didn’t want to come today.”

Alex’s face fell just slightly, and Seth’s heart twisted in grief. He hated to see her sad.

“I’m so sorry, Alex, I know you wanted him here-“

“No, don’t worry, Seth,” she said, wiping away the sadness and replacing it with a loving smile. “You’re here. You’re all I need.”

Seth just grinned and he began to lead her into the house.

“You wouldn’t think Seth was only fifteen,” Edward said as he and Jacob began to head into the house after Seth and Alex.

“He matured over the past few days,” Jacob said, shoving his hands in his pockets. “He’s been alive for fifteen years, but I’m guessing Seth’s about nineteen or twenty now.”

“Ah,” Edward said, nodding. “He matured to become the appropriate age for the one he loves. I thought shapeshifters could only do that with their imprints.”

“Usually,” Jacob said, glancing over to Edward. “But Seth’s love for Alex is surpassing Paul’s imprint on her.”

“So possibly, some day, Seth might-“

“Replace Paul as Alex’s imprint? Yeah, it’s possible. We don’t know for sure yet. But I do know that Seth loves Alex more than anyone ever thought possible.”

***Alex’s POV***

“Are you comfortable?” Carlisle asked me, pulling the bottom of my shirt up to the top of my stomach. I took a deep breath, squeezing Seth’s hand for reassurance. He squeezed back.

“Yeah… I’m good.”

“This will be cold,” Carlisle warned; he squeezed a tube full of freezing cold gel onto my stomach. I gasped in surprise.

Carlisle and Seth laughed.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as Carlisle moved the instrument across my stomach. Seconds later, a black and white image of my baby appeared on the screen beside me.

I gasped in amazement, and felt a wave of emotion crash over me.

Tears began to fall down my cheeks; Seth squeezed my hand and said,

“Look, Alex. Baby’s saying hi.”

My mouth dropped open as I watched the baby’s small hand move back and forth ever so slightly.

“My baby,” I said again in disbelief.

Carlisle was beaming; I wiped tears away as he asked,

“Are you ready to find out the sex?”

I only managed a nod.

Carlisle stared at the screen for a moment, and then said softly,

“Congratulations, Alex. You’re having a baby boy.”

“A little boy?” I asked in disbelief.

Carlisle nodded, smiling at me. He shut the machine off, and gently wiped the gel off my belly.

Seth helped me sit up, and I stared at him, a warm, loving smile on my face. He was grinning like crazy.

“A boy! This is great, Alex!” He cried, wrapping his arms around me. I laughed, hugging him tight. “I can teach him how to play baseball, and football, and hockey, and-“

“No, uh-uh,” I said, frowning as I pulled away from Seth. His face fell, and he asked anxiously,

“Why not? I won’t hurt him, I swear! I teach him how to hit before I start throwing baseballs-“

“My son isn’t learning any other sport until we teach him soccer,” I said firmly, crossing my arms. Seth groaned and flopped back into the chair.

“But A-lexxx,” he whined. “Soccer’s not as fun as football…”

“Too bad!” I teased, beginning to get up off the bed. Seth was up and by my side instantly, helping me down. “Soccer’s the best sport out there.”

Seth just rolled his eyes as he escorted me out the door and down the stairs. We were only down one flight, when suddenly, Seth stopped walking. I looked up at him, puzzled, and said,

“Uh, Seth? We have more stairs to walk down…”

“We have a surprise for you,” he said excitedly, pulling out a strip of cloth from his back pocket. I rolled my eyes, but turned around, letting Seth wrap a blindfold across my eyes. I smiled as Seth said,

“Don’t be scared, I’m just carrying you downstairs so I don’t have to worry about you falling.”

Seth picked me up easily, and held me tight to his chest. I felt the gentle swaying as we made our way down the other flights of stairs. Seth sat me down gently, and then rested his hands on my shoulders.

“Ready?”

I nodded, and Seth untied the blindfold.

I gasped at the sight in front of me. The living room had been completely decorated while Seth and I had been upstairs; blue streamers hung from the ceilings, and blue balloons drifted around the living room. A table had been placed up against the far wall, and was covered in a blue table cloth. There was a stack of present on either side of the table, and in the very middle was a beautiful duck-themed cake.

The Cullens were standing off to my left, and the Pack was off to the right, all smiling at me. The only person missing was Paul, but I pushed that out of my mind.

“You guys…” I said, choking up as tears began to fall down my cheeks. “How did you know to get all blue stuff?”

“I knew you were having a boy,” Alice said, beaming at me. “I didn’t tell anyone until about a minute ago.”

“Thank you Alice!” I squealed, waddling forward and pulling her into a hug.

My baby shower was amazing, to say the least. I’d gotten every single possible thing I could ever need for my baby; dozens of outfits from Alice, a high chair and car seat from Rosalie, a crib from Edward, Emmett and Jasper, blankets and things for the baby room from Carlisle and Esme, and dozens of toys from the entire Pack. All my anger towards everyone faded, and I had a great time. Emmett, Edward and Jasper had disappeared halfway through the party with my presents, saying they were getting them out of the way.

The party was just about over, and I was tired as ever, but I was happy.

“There’s one more present,” Bella said, holding her hand out to me to help me up off the couch. “It’s from Seth and I.”

I raised an eyebrow at Seth as Bella pulled me to my feet.

Seth held up the blindfold again.

“What is it?” I asked, allowing myself to be blinded. My right hand was chilled from Bella’s hold, and my left hand was toasty from Seth’s hold.

“You’ll see in about five minutes,” Bella said, helping me into what I guessed was Edward’s Volvo. I heard the car start, and then a few other engines.

“Everyone’s coming?” I asked.

“Yup. It’s a big surprise.”

We drove in silence for what seemed like hours, but it had really only been a few minutes. The car came to a stop, and as Seth helped me out, I could hear the sounds of woods around me. I heard other cars pull up, and I heard everyone’s familiar voice. Seth led me a few feet to the right, turned me slightly, and then wrapped his arms around me from behind.

“Ready?” he asked again, just like he had earlier. I nodded, too excited to form any coherent words.

Seth used one hand to untie the blindfold, and as he took it off, my heart stopped, and I drew in a surprised breath.

A beautiful log cabin stood in front of me. There was a sign hanging off the porch, saying:

Welcome Home, Alex!

My jaw dropped in disbelief; I turned around to stare at Bella and Seth, who were grinning like crazy at me.

My house?!” I asked, managing to breathe again.

“Yeah, it’s all for you,” Seth said, hugging me.

“You guys bought me a house??”

Bella laughed and said,

“Nothings too good for my best friend.”

I pulled away from Seth and engulfed Bella in a hug. She laughed and hugged me back, asking,

“Do you wanna go inside and see the rest of the house?”

“Of course!” I said excitedly, grabbing both Bella and Seth’s hands as I hurried towards the house. Seth reached in front of me to hold the door open for myself and Bella as we all but ran inside. I gaped at the inside of my house.

To my left was a good-sized living room; straight ahead was a lovely kitchen. To the left of the kitchen was a sliding glass door, and a good-sized rectangular dining table with six chairs. A hallway off to the right of the kitchen. As if in a daze, I wandered forward, and headed down the hallway. The first door to the left was the baby’s room; I realized immediately that this is where Edward, Emmett and Jasper had disappeared to, since they were now standing in the middle of it.

“Oh, wow…” I said, taking in the room. Above the babies’ bed and changing table was the name Seth and I had picked out. I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks. “You guys did an amazing job.”

“I’m glad you like it,” Edward said, coming forward and enveloping me in a hug. I took turns hugging Emmett and Jasper too, and then turned back to see the other rooms. Beside the baby’s room was the first bathroom, and across from the bathroom was the laundry room/office for me to study in. A little ways down from the bathroom was another room; I opened the door and grinned at the site of the master bedroom. Straight ahead was a lovely king-sized bed, and to the left were two doors; I wasted no time in hurrying forward to open both of them. The door to the right was another bathroom, complete with toilet and a bath/shower. The door to the left was a modest walk-in closet, already filled with clothes that I assumed were from Alice.

“Wow… this is amazing…” I murmured, backing out of the room.

Seth wrapped his arms around me.

“Do you like it?” He asked.

“Of course! It’s so amazing… Thank you all so much,” I said to everyone, because they’d all followed me into the house.

I looked up at Seth.

“Are you gonna live here with me?”

Seth’s eyes filled with tears, and he said softly,

“Only if you want me to.”

“Of course I do.”

Everyone clapped, and Emmett let out a few whooping cheers with Quil and Embry accompanying him as Seth tilted my head up and kissed me for the first time.

Electric currents passed between Seth and me as he deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around Seth’s neck as he continued to kiss me, and I kissed him back with as much passion as I could.

Everything felt right, kissing Seth. Seth was perfect for me; Seth was my other half.

***Paul’s POV***

Paul stood outside of Emily’s house, watching in disbelief as Seth lugged the last of his luggage into the back of Jacob’s car.

That little prick really was moving in with Alex.

Well, fine. He’d invite Kara over later.

It didn’t bother him…

“You still haven’t told me,” Paul said, trying to control his temper. “Boy or girl?”

“Oh, so now you care?” Seth asked, turning to face Paul.

“Well yeah I fucking care!” Paul cried, stepping towards Seth. “It’s my fucking baby!”

“So why didn’t you come with us to the Cullens house today? You blew Alex off for Kara. Why should I tell you if it’s a girl or boy?”

“Because I fucking asked you!”

“Fine, you really wanna know?” Seth asked, his voice shaking with anger.

“No shit, Seth!”

“It’s a boy! A little baby boy!” Seth shouted, rushing up to Paul. “But I don’t see why you give a shit either way! All you had to do was sit next to Alex for five minutes, and you would have known. You couldn’t man up enough to find out the gender of your own baby! You’re fucking pathetic, you know that?”

Everyone had grown quiet at Seth’s outburst; no one had heard him talk like that to anyone, let alone Paul.

The smug, arrogant look on Paul’s face vanished immediately at Seth’s words; Paul blinked for a few moments, and when Seth ended his shouting, Paul asked quietly,

“A boy?”

Seth, panting from his tirade, merely nodded; his hands were clenched into fists at his sides.

“What’s his name?” Paul asked, lowering his eyes to the ground.

Seth took a few deep breaths.

“Lucas,” he finally said. Paul felt his eyes begin to tear up.

“Lucas is a good name,” he said softly. “What’s his full name?”

Seth had calmed down now. He shut the trunk of Jacob’s car, and stared at Paul.

“His name’s Lucas. Lucas Paul-Anthony Walker.”

Paul had never cried; not one day in his entire life had he ever cried. And now, tears were streaming down his face. He looked up at Seth. Seth sighed, and stared at Paul for a moment longer. Then, without a word, Seth turned away from Paul, and got into Jacob’s car.

Paul watched, crying silently, as the red Rabbit took off down the road.

He still couldn’t believe it, even as he crawled into his bed. Alone. He hadn’t invited Kara over. He hadn’t done anything except sit at home, alone, and cry.

As Paul rolled over, his red-rimmed eyes staring out his window into the forest, all Paul could think about was the little baby boy inside of Alex; his baby boy.

Named after him.

Alex didn’t know Paul’s full name. Paul realized, lying in bed alone, that Seth must have been the one to suggest ‘Lucas’ as the baby’s name.

Paul’s full name was Paul Lucas.

And now, his son was Lucas Paul-Anthony.
♠ ♠ ♠
ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

set me up;

heroesfail;

Yuumaru

WelcomeToMyWorld

shygirl1993

LiveLaughLove54

ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

Dang! Lots of comments last chapter! Thanks guys! I love when silent readers make themselves known :)

Awe hope you guys liked this chapter :D
I was really undecided in whether Alex should have a boy or girl. I think a boy will be better.
I love the name Lucas haha. Oh yeah, and I realized that Paul was never given a last name, so I just gave him one. :D

Here are some pics to check out!

Alex and Seth’s House **Ignore pics 5,6,8, and 9 on the site. Obviously I have different pics for the bedroom, and the views aren’t correct of the landscape**
Lucas’s Room **Obviously ignore that the letters say ‘Jacob’, not ‘Lucas’**
Master Bedroom