Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

News

Rehearsal was the same as usual, that’s what I wish I could say. Annabelle was in charge for the entire practice. I had to deal with an hour and fifteen minutes of doing what she said. It was pure torture.

Tony and Andrew were in the back of the classroom the entire time. They were talking and watching us practice. Once in a while they would point at someone and nod. I remember them pointing at me once but I tried to ignore it. It was hard to do since we were dancing in front of a giant mirror and you could see everything.

“Alright that’s enough for today pack up and go” Annabelle instructed.

I groaned and relaxed. The rest of the class started walking towards their stuff. Some were tired while others were use to it.

“Dimples!” I heard a familiar voice shout.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I turned around to face Allan Brooks. Allan was another dancer here. He’s been dancing for about 4 years now. He has that sort of b-boy style that I like. I don’t like him, just his style. He’s the only person that has ever called me dimples. He knows that I hate it and that’s why he does it. Of course I’m not the only one with dimples but I have some of the deepest dimples that I’ve ever seen.

Allan isn’t extremely muscular but he does have some muscles. He’s average size to me, but he is taller than me. He has green eyes and light brown hair that fell above his eyes. Once again, his style, not him.

“Are you ever going to stop calling me that?” I questioned.

“I don’t know I can’t see the future” he replied with a smirk.

“You’re such an ass” I replied while pushing him.

“The best ass you’ve ever seen, I know I know” he while taking bows.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. I started walking towards my bag with Allan on my trail when Tony spoke up.

“Okay, okay I have an announcement to make” Tony said while clapping his hands together. Everyone turned around to face him.

I reached up and took my ponytail out. I had a feeling that this had something to do with Andrew.

“This is Andrew Hanks, an old friend of mine” Tony said motioning to Andrew. Andrew nodded his head and walked to the front of the room.

“Okay, I’m not just an old friend. I’m actually here looking for a few back-up dancers for a client of mine” at this everyone’s jaws dropped. Some people were smiling so wide that I thought their teeth would fall out. People started talking and asking Andrew who the client was.

My jaw was agape. I stood there blinking at Andrew. He was basically a talent scout. He was looking for back-up dancers, I happened to be a dancer.

Allan turned around to face me with a huge smile on his face. “Can you believe it?” he questioned.

I simply shook my head no as I continued to stare at Andrew. This was unbelievable.

“Alright, Alright” Andrew chuckled while calming the class down. “My client wants to remain anonymous until we pick the dancers. We’re holding auditions tomorrow here at noon. If you make it then you’ll have another audition then a final call back” he explained.

“If you manage to become one of the dancers then you will get to go on tour with my client, do we have a deal”

Everyone cheered or said that this was a deal. Everyone except for me. I sighed and pulled my hair up into a high pony-tail.

I couldn’t go. It’s one thing if I’m doing one show, but I can’t do an entire tour. I have way too many responsibilities to do right here in Atlanta. I don’t have time to tour with some….client, no matter who it is.

I turned around and picked up my bag. Alan turned around to face me and his smile fell. He crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at me. “You don’t look too excited about touring with a singer”

“First off” I said while putting up my index finger. “We don’t even know if it’s a singer that we would want to tour with”

“Secondly” I put up my second finger “We don’t even know if it’s a singer”

“And third” I put up a third finger. “I don’t want to do it”

I turned on my heel and started walking towards the door to the stairs. I felt someone grab my shoulders. I groaned and turned around to face Allan.

“Just two seconds ago you seemed—”

“I have a bus to catch” I replied while looking down at my watch. I shrugged away from him and walked down the stairs.

Why couldn’t he just accept the fact that I didn’t want to do it? Why did he have to know why I didn’t want to do it? He should be glad that I don’t want to do it that means less competition for him.

“So did you hear the news?” Stacey asked as I walked past.

“Yup and I’m not doing it” I plainly replied. I pushed the main door opened and stepped outside. The sun was beginning to set. It was still fairly hot outside but it wasn’t as hot as it was earlier.

I sighed and started walking towards the bus stop. The streets were less crowded so I didn’t have to worry about bumping into people. I looked down at my worn converse as I walked.

If only I could audition.

-X-

I got off the bus at my stop. The speakers of my I-pod were still in my ears. Keri Hilson I like was still playing in my ears. I walked down the almost empty sidewalk towards my brother’s day care. I knew that if I didn’t pick him up that my Aunt wouldn’t. She didn’t care before, so why would she pick him up. She would probably be glad if I forgot to pick him up. One less person in her life.

My mind couldn’t help but wander back to the audition. What if I did audition? Would I actually get the part?

I shook my head to rid my mind of the thoughts. I doesn’t matter if I get the part or if I would get the part, I’m not auditioning. I’m not going to.

I reached the day care and opened the door to the building. My brother immediately ran over to me. He was the last person there. The only other person there was Ms. Mary, the owner.

I smiled and picked my brother up. I held him on my hip as I looked at Ms. Mary. “I’m sorry about being late”

She waved me off and walked over to me. “I need this month’s payment. I won’t be able to take him next week without it”

I sighed, my Aunt forgot to pay, again. “I’ll bring it on Monday” I said before walking out of the building.

“Guess what lele” my brother said as I set him down. Carrying him and my bag was a lot of hard work.

“What?” I happily questioned.

“Ms. Mary says that we’re going swimming on Sunday. Can I go?” he questioned.

I simply nodded my head. The truth was, that he might not be able to go. He didn’t have any swim trunks, or the money that it would cost for the trip. We needed money, that wasn’t a secret. I didn’t want my brother to suffer because we didn’t have any.

Maybe if the audition pays….

I quickly shook my head again. I couldn’t audition, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Or would it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Justin's going to be in the next one. I promise. And yes it will get more interesting as the story continues.

Comment//Subscribe please.