Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

Confused

Natalie’s POV

I climbed into Bryan’s car and slammed the passenger door shut. I didn’t mean to but my emotions were starting to get to me. I sighed and leaned my head against the window with my eyes closed. I had so much to think about.

“You okay?” I heard Bryan ask.

I simply nodded my head without meeting his gaze.

Honestly, I didn’t know what I was feeling. So many things were running through my head, I had no idea if I was alright or not. I didn’t even know how I felt about what had just happened. I didn’t know if I was sad, angry or just didn’t care. Somehow I knew that I did care about what had just happened, I may not know how I feel about it, but I know that I care.

Bryan sighed but nodded his head. He knew that something was up. He knew me well enough to know that I was thinking about something. He also knew that when I didn’t want to talk about something, I didn’t want to talk about it.

The drive to his house was silent. The only sound that could be heard was the music on the radio. Although the music was playing, I wasn’t listening. I was trying to sort out my thoughts.

How did I feel about what had just happened? I shouldn’t even care that Justin wasn’t going to try anymore. In fact, I should be glad. I didn’t want to audition and now I don’t have to. This was what I wanted, right? I should be happy; I shouldn’t be confused about this at all.

But, deep down inside of me, I was thinking the exact opposite. Actually, I was thinking more about Justin. In two days, he would be auditioning for back-up dancers. In two days Justin would be getting ready for the tour. The tour that I wouldn’t be on. The tour that would take him thousands of miles away from me. He would be off entertaining thousands of teenage girls, while I would be here in Atlanta. He would be so busy with the other girls that he wouldn’t even be thinking about me. He would forget all about me, and have more moments or almost moments with another girl.

I quickly shook the thought out of my head. I didn’t care, I wouldn’t care. If that’s what he wanted to do then so be it.I don’t care if I ever get the chance to kiss him again.

The car pulled into the driveway and came to a stop. I was quick to open the door and jump out. I needed a distraction. I needed a release. I needed the Milkyway I hid in the back of the freezer.

I quickly ran to the front door and opened it, knowing that it would be open. I dropped my bag on the ground and bolted to the kitchen. I ran directly to the fridge and opened the freezer section. I moved a few things around until I found the Milkyway. I quickly unwrapped it and took a bite. I closed my eyes and relaxed. For a moment, everything was right in the world.

“Oh, god what happened?” I heard Maya asked.

I opened my eyes and stared at her. Her face held nothing but curiosity and amusement. Maya always found my addiction hilarious, I wasn’t surprised that she was amused. I wasn’t surprised that she was curious either. She knew how I always ran to chocolate when something went wrong.

I took another bite as I stood there. I was stalling. I couldn’t think of anything else to do. I couldn’t tell her because I didn’t know what to tell her. I didn’t know how I felt about what had just happened.

Maya raised her brow as she stared at me. She placed her hand on her hip and started impatiently tapping her foot. I swallowed my snack, before taking another bite.

Maya let out a groan full of annoyance. “Seriously Nat, are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” she questioned.

I swallowed another bite and blinked my eyes as I stared at her. I then shrugged my shoulders and walked past her. “Nothing’s wrong” I plainly replied.

I could hear Maya’s footsteps behind me. “What do you mean nothings wrong? You practically broke the door down for a piece of chocolate. You only do that when something’s wrong, so don’t tell me that nothing’s wrong”

I didn’t respond. Everything that she had said was right. Something was wrong, I just didn’t know how I felt about it.

Before I could take another bite of the Milkyway, Maya grabbed my arm and turned my around to face her. “Tell me!” she shouted.

“Okay!” I responded.

Maya smiled triumphantly before she dropped my arm. She loved it when she won. I rolled my eyes before taking another bite. Maya glared at me, thinking that I was stalling once again.

I rolled my eyes once again. “Your future husband said that he’s not gonna’ try anymore” I spoke.

Before Maya could question what I meant, I picked up my bag and walked upstairs. I honestly, didn’t want to talk about something when I was still confused myself, but I knew that Maya wouldn’t let it go. She would keep talking about it, and brining it up until I told her.

“Not gonna’ try what?!” she yelled as she ran up the stairs after me.

I quickly walked into her room and dropped my bag on the floor. I then laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. It was only a matter of time before Maya came into the room.

“Not gonna’ try what?” she asked out of breath.

I rolled my eyes once again and sighed. “He said that he’s not gonna’ try and convince me to audition anymore” I explained.

Maya furrowed her brows in confusion. There was a small hint of disappointment on her face but there was mostly confusion. Suddenly a smile etched its way onto her face. She walked over to the bed and sat down. This time it was mine turn to furrow my brows in confusion.

“And your upset about this?” I could here the excitement dripping from every word that she spoke. I knew that her excitement would disappear as soon as she found out that I was confused. I didn’t know what she was hoping would happen from me being upset, but I knew that she wouldn’t be happy once she heard that I was confused.

I simply shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know”

Her face fell, just as I expected. She quickly jumped off the bed. “What do you mean you don’t know? You have to know. This is one of those things that you have to know. You can’t just not know how you feel about someone”

I propped myself up on my elbows and stared at her. I was sure that my face was showing how confused I was. What did she mean someone, we were talking about me auditioning, not someone.

Realization quickly showed on her face. “I meant something”

I raised my brow at her. I wasn’t buying it. She had said exactly what she meant. She was only upset that she had said it out loud.

“Fine” she yelled while throwing her hands in the air. “I meant someone, and that someone is Justin”

My face fell open. “What the hell does how I feel about him have to do with anything? We’re talking about auditioning, not some romance story that you have playing in your head”

“Exactly, we’re talking about you auditioning for him and how you feel about that.”

I blinked my eyes as I stared at her. She had no idea what she was talking about anymore. She was saying the exact opposite of what she was saying before.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

She rolled her eyes while letting out an aggravated groan. Suddenly Bryan appeared in her doorway. “What are you guys yelling about, I can here you all the way down the hall” he spoke.

“I’m trying to explain something to Natalie and you just interrupted me. Thanks!” Maya’s voice was dripping with sarcasm.

Bryan rolled his eyes and muttered something about sisters under his breath. Maya flipped him off before turning her attention back to me.

“You didn’t want to audition at first, you were being your normal stubborn self and refused to audition. Then you hated Justin for tricking you into auditioning and putting your name on the list. Justin was then determined to get you to audition and you were determined not to audition. Both of you are stubborn as hell by the way”

I rolled my eyes at her statement. I started to wonder why I had even explained what was going on to her. I should have known that she would bring it up again.

“While you was trying to convince you to audition, you started to fall for him and him for you. Now that he’s not going to try anymore, you’re upset about it. You probably won’t see him again and you’ll never be able to have another moment with him. He’s probably feeling that same way”

“How you feel about the audition just shows how much you like him. She what I’m saying?” she finished.

I blinked my eyes as I stared at her. Maya had a huge smile on her face. She felt as if she had just made the biggest discovery known to man. She felt like she had just wrote the best romance novel in the world.

“Shut the hell up” Bryan and I said in unison.

Maya glared at me before glaring at him. She then set her hard gaze on me. “Fine, don’t believe me. But don’t come crying to me when you go crazy over him and need someone to talk about it with” she then stormed out of her room, pushing her brother on her way out.

I heard the sound of them arguing down the hall. There voices faded letting me know that they were getting further away from the room.

I sighed and laid down on the bed, I folded my arms behind my head as I stared at the white ceiling. I sighed once more before closing my eyes.

What Maya said couldn’t be right? I wasn’t falling for him, and he wasn’t for me. I didn’t care that I wasn’t going to be able to see him again.

But deep down inside of my, I was thinking that everything she had said was true,
♠ ♠ ♠
If this is short, sorry but i just typed this up in the middle of class so yeah.

Story is going to end soon sorry.

Comments=Next Chapter