Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

Giving Up

Justin’s POV

When Ryan and I weren’t playing video games or simply hanging out, he was asking about Natalie. He was mainly asking what she looked like. Why, because he claimed that he wanted to know if she was hot enough for all this trouble.

After a while, I simply stopped answering him. She wasn’t really causing me any trouble. I wasn’t talking about her all of the time, so I didn’t see how she was causing any trouble. Besides the fact that she wouldn’t audition for me, that was the only trouble that she caused.

Then again, I might not try anymore. She’s just as stubborn as I am, and it doesn’t seem as if I’m going to get through to her anytime soon. She doesn’t want to go on tour because of her little brother, and that is a good reason. No matter how much I wanted her as one of my back-up dancers,maybe more, I couldn’t tear her away from her brother. It would be selfish and wrong. I couldn’t be that cold-hearted, no matter how much I wanted her.

I had decided later on that night that I wasn’t going to do that. I wasn’t going to try to convince her to come anymore. She had something more important to do than to be with me…..on tour.

Before I knew it, it was time for me and Ryan to go to the studio. I’ll admit it, I was nervous. I was nervous that Natalie wasn’t going to show up today either. She didn’t come yesterday for some reason, and she might not come today for that same reason.

Ryan and I walked into the studio, as I smiled and waved at fans and paparazzi. Ever since someone leaked that I was coming here, more and more people started showing up. Every day the crowd became larger in size. The paparazzi were mainly coming, hoping that they would get a glimpse of me and Natalie together again.Sadly, that might not happen after today.

We took the elevator upstairs and entered the studio, with Nick on our tails. Rehearsal had already started, not that I was surprised. Tony made sure to start practice on time every day. There was yet a day that I came in here and he wasn’t ready to practice.

A few of the girls giggled and waved as I entered the room. I simply smiled causing a few more giggles to be heard. Honestly, I had no problem with the attention that I got from them, but they weren’t going to come on tour with me. I didn’t need someone on the tour who was going to swoon every time that they saw me. Sure, you could be a fan, in fact I want you to be a fan. But, I don’t want you swooning every time that you see me, it’s a distraction.

I had been coming here for days straight, and a few of the girls still swooned at the sight of me. Those girls, had very slim chances of actually getting the job.

The only girls that had never swooned over me were Natalie and Annabelle. It was simply a coincidence that they both happened to be the top two dancers in the class.

I walked over to the chairs in the back that I sat in everyday. Nick was sitting on my left and Ryan was on my right. I leaned forward so that my elbows were resting on my knees. My leg began to nervously bounce up and down as my eyes scanned the room.

My eyes continued to scan the room, looking for her. I scanned the room back and forth multiple times when I didn’t see Natalie. I became more and more nervous as I searched the room.

She wasn’t here.

She didn’t come today. I wouldn’t be able to see her anymore. Why, because with the tour inching closer, my schedule becomes more hectic. I have more photo shoots to do, and promotions for the tour. All in all, my schedule was so hectic that this was my last day at the studio. I wouldn’t see anyone from the studio until it was the day of the auditions. Even then there would be more people from studios all of the US.

Basically I wasn’t going to have time after today to just “stop by” Maya’s house and see her. If I would have known that she wasn’t going to I wouldn’t have let her walk away yesterday. I wouldn’t have left without kissing her. I wouldn’t have let the moment slip away from me.

“So is she here?” Ryan whispered next to me. Why he was whispering I didn’t know, and honestly I didn’t care. I was too busy scanning the room to answer his question, so we both fell silent.

I heard the door open but I ignored as I continued to scan the room. I was hoping that I had simply over-looked her. She had to be here…she just had to.

“You were gone quite a long time Nat” I heard Stacey say from the front of the room.

Once the words left her mouth, my eyes immediately darted to the doorway. It was her, it was Natalie. She really had come today.

A small smile made its way onto my face as I stared at her. There was just something about her today, I found myself admiring her. Normally, I would have been eyeing what she was wearing, but today I was eyeing her.

I noticed her legs that were perfectly sculpted from the dancing. I noticed her curves, the curves that I had been caressing yesterday. I noticed her lips, and how soft they looked even from a distance. My heart began to pound as the thought of my lips on hers made its way into my head. I noticed her smile. Her smile made my heart almost skip a beat. I noticed the way that her smile lit up the room without her even noticing it. I noticed how her smile brought out her dimples that I had always loved.

Then I noticed her eyes, her amazing, deep brown eyes. Although, I wasn’t looking directly into them, I was captivated by them. Even from a distance they held so much emotion. They held so many stories that I didn’t know, but wanted to. Her eyes seemed to smile just as the one on her lips, but not as strong or as happy.

She stood there with a black ponytail holder hanging from her mouth. She was using her hands to pull her hair up in a ponytail. She grabbed the ponytail holder and used it while sending a playful glare Stacey’s way.

“Shut-up” she playfully muttered before walking over to the group. I felt my heart dropped slightly, when she didn’t bother to look in my direction as she walked past.

“So that’s her huh?” Ryan spoke from next to me.

He then nudged my arm. I slowly turned my attention from Natalie to him. He nodded his head in approval.

“Not bad, not bad at all. She’s a good choice man” he spoke. I rolled my eyes before turning back to her.

As usual she was standing next to Allan. The two seemed to be talking quietly so that Tony wouldn’t notice, but I did. I hated seeing her with him, he could always make her laugh and smile. I hated seeing her with him because her guard was down. When I was with her, it was the exact opposite. Her guard was almost always up, even when I thought it was down, it was up.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t like her” I finally replied. I was honestly still confused about my feelings towards Natalie. I didn’t know if this was true or not.

“Fine, then you’re just extremely attracted to her”

“Fuck you” I replied as I rolled my eyes again.

Ryan laughed and shook his head. “Man you’re so whipped” he muttered.

I quickly punched him in the shoulder, hard. Ryan muttered a few curses under his breath as he rubbed his arm. I glared at him one last time before turning around.

I didn’t need him pointing out my possible feelings for Natalie. The fact that I don’t know what they are only makes not seeing her again worse.

-X-

After rehearsal ended, I was more nervous than ever. I had managed to control my legs so that they weren’t bouncing anymore but I was still nervous. I didn’t know what to say to her. I can’t just walk up to her and say, don’t worry about auditioning; I don’t want you to anymore. That’s basically asking for an awkward conversation.

I decided against it. I didn’t need to tell her, she would get the message if I simply stopped showing up everywhere. Telling her would just be awkward. Besides I don’t know if I want to see her reaction, she may be glad that I’m not going to try anymore. That’s something I don’t want to see.

“So you’re not going to introduce me?” I heard Ryan question from next to me.

I shook my head. “No, we gotta go”

Ryan raised his brow at me. He knew that we didn’t have to leave, but he didn’t know why I wanted to leave all of a sudden. I didn’t plan on telling him either. He was already talking about me and Natalie nonstop, I didn’t need to fuel the fire anymore.

I stood up and Ryan followed suit. I was about to turn around and head for the door, when I caught sight of Natalie.

Her thumbs were in the belt loop of her shorts. She had pulled her hair into a side ponytail so that it now gracefully fell past her right shoulder. An arm was draped over her shoulders, and of course the arm belonged to Allan. She was laughing at something that he had said as they continued to walk in my direction. I resisted the urge to scowl or glare at the sight of Allan’s arm around her.

She shook her head before removing Allan’s arm from her shoulder. I found myself letting out a small sigh of relief. She continued to walk in my direction until she was basically standing in front of me.

“Hey” she plainly replied as she walked past. She didn’t bother to look at me when she spoke. She simply walked past me and picked her bag up off the floor.

“Um…hey” I replied. I was trying to remain calm. I was going to act as if yesterday never happened.But it did and I can’t forget it.

“Hey” Ryan replied from next to me. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Of course, he would find a way into the conversation.

Natalie furrowed her brows out of confusion. She glanced at me before giving her attention back to Ryan. She adjusted the strap on her bag as she looked at Ryan. “Um..hey”

I felt Ryan nudge my shoulder, urging me to introduce him. I inwardly groaned. “Ryan, Natalie, Natalie, Ryan” introduced.

“His best friend” Ryan added with a smile. Natalie simply nodded her head. I figured that she would, she wasn’t the type of person to be friendly when she first met you…she wasn’t rude either though.

“Right,” she spoke. “I guess I’ll see you and Bieber later then”

I tensed up once the words left her mouth, if only that were true. She turned on her heel but I grabbed her wrist before she could walk away. She looked at me with confusion and shock plastered onto her face. I sighed, knowing exactly what I had to do.

“Can we talk?” I asked.

Her eyes went wide for a split second, the change was almost unnoticeable. “Uh, sure” she hesitantly, replied.

I nodded before I let her wrist go. I sighed and shoved my hands into the pockets of my shorts. I didn’t know how to explain it. I didn’t know I would say it either. Regardless of how I said it, it was going to be awkward afterwards.

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck as I avoided her gaze. It would be better for me to just say it than to keep stalling.

I took a deep breath before I spoke. “Look, I’m not going to try and convince you to audition anymore” I quickly spoke.

She blinked a few times out of shock as she stared up at me. Her lips were in a straight line, and her face had softened. She was showing almost no emotion. She seemed as if shealmost wasn’t fazed by what I had said.

My gaze soon locked with hers and I was shocked by what other emotion was in her eyes besides shock. There was a faint mixture of confusion and a smaller amount of…disappointment. I wasn’t sure if the disappointment was there but I knew that the confusion and shock was.

“Oh” she finally replied. Her voice still held no emotion. As usual I couldn’t read her. I didn’t know if she was disappointed or simply didn’t care.

I was slightly taken back by her answer. Oh, what does she mean by oh? Oh, could many anything and everything all at once.

She then shrugged her shoulders and adjusted the strap to her bag. She looked down at her shoes before locking her gaze with mine once again. She pursed her lips to the side as she stared up at me.

We both fell silent. For the first time, the silence between us was awkward. Both of us simply stood there staring into each other’s eyes. Whether we were waiting for the other to speak, I wasn’t sure, but I knew that this was the first moment that I had with her that I wanted to pass quickly.

I finally tore my gaze away from her and licked my lips. “Yup” I quietly spoke while popping the p.

She continued to purse her lips to the side and she shifted her weight to her right leg. “Any reason….why?” she finally spoke.

I licked my lips once again. “Well….I didn’t want to take you away from your brother” I explained. “He’s more important to you than dancing on tour. I mean, he’s family right?”

She nodded her head and looked down at her shoes. “Family” she quietly spoke.

Before another awkward silence could fall between she quickly looked up at me. She quickly maintained her normal composure, and stood up straight. She adjusted the strap on her bag as she stared at me.

“Well Bieber” she spoke. She gave me a small smile that didn’t reach her eyes. “Have fun on tour”

Before I could reply she turned on her heel and quickly walked towards the door. Her pace was quick, it was almost a jog but she didn’t seem to care. She quickly walked out of the door to the stairwell and didn’t bother to turn around. She left without a second glance, and she didn’t come back.

A sharp pang hit my chest as I watched her leave. I knew that once she left she wasn’t coming back. I wasn’t going to see her again, ever. I instantly regretted my decision and wanted to sun after her.

But I didn’t.

I sighed and looked down at my shoes. I heard the sound of footsteps and knew that Ryan was standing next to me. “You’re not going to go after her?” he questioned. Shock and confusion was dripping from every word that he spoke.

I licked my lips and shook my head. I couldn’t speak. I had suddenly lost my voice. The combination of the pain in my chest and the regret I felt was just too much to bare. My heart dropped into my stomach as realization hit me.

She was gone; I had let another moment slip through my fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, for starters when he said that he left another moment slip, he meant being able to kiss her. Just for those of you who didn't know what he meant.

And don't worry people, i'm not ending the story right here. This is a little to sad to end it here. There are about 2-4 maybe 5 more chapters before i end it. And YES they will kiss before it ends and YES it will be a happy ending not a sad one lol.

Comments/Feedback=Next Chapter