‹ Prequel: Wicked End Academy
Status: Getting there..

Escape From Wicked End Academy

Drama Under The Canopy Tree

I wake up to the sun beating down on the tree, but the canopy of leaves protects me. I look down at Brian, who has his arm secure around my waist. After we "finished" this morning, we put our clothes back on just in case someone found us. I sit up, causing Brian to stir and open his eyes.

"Hey, baby," he says tiredly with a smile. I smile back.

"Hey," I reply quietly. His eyes flash confusion and his smile fades. He sits up and tightens his hold on my waist.

"What's wrong?" I slightly tilt my head.

"Nothing, why?" His eyes narrow a little.

"Don't lie to me, Charlotte." I sigh and look down.

"I... cheated on Matt," I murmur. "You're his best friend." He stares at me, but I keep my head down.

"Do you want him to know about it?"

"I don't know." I look at him. "I can't act like it never happened."

"Me neither," he sighs. His expression softens and he gazes deep into my eyes. "I've never wanted to be with a girl so much in my life, Charlotte. Now that I've been with you like that, I'm afraid you'll disappear if I leave your side." I blush and look back down, but he tilts my head back up with his index finger. "I love you, and nothing is going to change that. Not even your relationship with my best friend." I bite my bottom lip and don't say anything. He holds my stare for a few more seconds before I look away.

"I can't say it back, Brian," I whisper.

"Why? Is it because you don't feel anything for me and you just really wanted the sex-"

"It's not that."

"Then why?"

"I just can't." He waits a couple seconds.

"You can't or you won't let yourself fall in love?" I look at him, not sure how to react. He continues. "I've paid close attention to you for the past year. I know you're afraid to let your guard down for people. Especially guys."

"That's not a bad thing-"

"Charlotte," Brian interrupts. "I will never hurt like other guys have. Like Rodney has."

"I know you won't."

"Then why do you act like you think I will? This morning, I got a little scared every time you showed even the slightest bit of pain."

"Do you mean it?"

"Of course I mean it-"

"No... the 'I love you'."

"Yes. With all my heart and more."

"Syn." Both of our heads snap to the direction the voice came from, fearing the worst.

Zacky steps underneath the canopy with his hands in his pockets. We stare at him, but Brian's the one to ask the question.

"How much did you hear," he asks quietly. Zack looks down at his feet.

"Enough." Brian takes a silent deep breath.

"I'm guessing Matt heard everything, too."

"No. He's not with me. We all split up to find you two." Zacky shoots me a glare. He looks back at Brian. "If you guys need more time alone, then I'll act like I never found you." Brian looks at me.

"Yeah," he says without taking his eyes off mine. "We need some time to talk." Zack nods.

"All right, I'll give you that. Whenever Matt calls you, say you guys had to keep moving because you heard the dogs."

"Okay, thanks, man. Stay safe." Zacky nods again.

"You too." He leaves and I hang my head in my hands.

"I can not believe this," I say, but it comes out muffled.

"It'll all be fine, Char," Brian reassures me as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer. "We'll figure something out."
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter... I don't know why, though, lol.
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn