Status: New Layout: isn't it cute? :D

Never Sent, Always Thought

You change from happy to sad in the blink of an eye

Dear Ethan,

I panicked my way to school on Monday. You'd spent most of Friday in a blinding range, and a few new bruises and a cut from a beer can were added to my portfolio. You made it up to me on Saturday though, the carnivals were in town and we spent a magical evening there. The romantic Ferris wheel ride was my favourite though, because you allowed me to snuggle up against you, warm and safe.

You slept in on Sunday, but I was awake early and prepared you breakfast in bed to thank you. Everything was amazing until lunchtime, when one of your mates called and you disappeared for the rest of the weekend. I think you guys were betting on the football game, and you obviously lost because you came home late with a fist full of glass and a belly full of whiskey.

Monday morning. I skulked around school. I kept my head down and my face firmly covered in make-up. This time I brought it with me, so I'd have something to hide behind. Sam was looking for me, a couple of girls that I vaguely recognized came over and told me in hushed voices with awed eyes.

One of them asked me how I could let my girlfriend hit me like that. I let out a bitter laugh and lied it all off. "I don't have a girlfriend, and nobody hits me. I bruise easily and the dodge ball was thrown pretty hard. My boyfriend nearly killed the guy who threw it when he found out."

As easy as that, the girls left with suspicious eyes and heavily glossed lips. I waved at them, almost mocking them and they turned from their staring to gossip about their discoveries. It seems like I'm the biggest news in school. Children are so easily amused with pain these days.

The mate of the guy who threw the dodge ball came over too. Kyle, he introduced himself as. He tried to pry information from me, but I held on to our little secret with clawed hands. I kept o the same story, repeating myself with more elaborate lies as the time passed on.

He was sweet. But nothing like you, Ethan. You were right, on Saturday night.

"No one will care to give you a second glance." Why was I ever worried. With you by my side I can always get by.

Love, Logan
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter, methinks. I'm really proud of this, it's consuming me.

Please comment with some con-crit. I'd love some feedback and it's too long to post in the story review thread. I'd definitely do the same for you if you want. Thanks! <3