Sequel: Phantom
Status: Start Date: December 13, 2008. Finish Date: June 5, 2009

Spirit

Breakfast At Bacco

Chapter 16: Breakfast At Bacco
We got up and walked downstairs to my kitchen.
“I would take you out for breakfast, but I can’t break the rules,” he sang.
“Oh please, we’ve already broken too many rules,” I laughed.
“True,” he said with a impish smile. He started to walk toward me, his whole body shaking. When the white started to appear, I understood what he was doing. I watched in amazement as he transformed. I’ve never seen this happen for anyone but myself. The shaking gradually stopped and in a blink of an eye, he had his arms around me, and we were out in my backyard. He swung me into his back like a little monkey toy. I giggled.
“Close your eyes?” He suggested.
I closed my eyes and the ride began. Riding with Nathan was much different than riding with Sarah. Riding with Sarah was awkward, but riding with Nathan felt… comfortable. We even had a fun conversation through our three minute trip.
We landed and I opened my eyes. “That was quick,” I said.
“I was in the track team back in Boston,” I said and smiled.
“Oh.”
I looked around at where we were. We were near the Pike Place Market in downtown Seatte. People and cars were scattered all over the place. The market was full of consumers and tourists taking pictures.
My stomach growled at me again. Nathan chuckled. “Ready to eat?” He asked.
I nodded my head and we entered the resturant. I looked at the sign and it said “Bacco”. I looked around the resturant and it looked very expensive. With the amount of money my parents had, we never really went to any nice resturants.
I ordered the California Benedict and Nathan ordered the Market Crab Croissant I would have ordered something less cheap, but Nathan said there was no budget.
“Are you sure I can order that? It costs a lot.”
He chuckled. “Natalia, I don’t mind. It’s nothing. And if I’m buying it for you, it’s completely worth it.” He smiled and I blushed.
“Do you charge it on your parents?” I asked.
“Of course not. Everything I buy is my money. Or my trust fund. Sometimes it comes out of my share of the Ashburton fortune.”
“Ashburton furtune?”
“Or right! We didn’t mention that to you, did we?”
I shook my head. “Was is it?” I asked and took a sip of my orange juice.
“Well, the Ashburtons were… I mean are very wealthy. And since we are technically the Ashburton children, the Ashburton fortune was divided into four.”
“And how much is the Ashburton fortune exactly?” I asked, becoming antsy in my chair. Nathan started to laugh.
“One-hundred-twenty million dollars,” he whispered.
I jumped out of my chair clapping and shrieked happily.
The whole resturant went quite and everyone turned their head toward me.
“Sorry,” I chirped. “Carry on.” I sat back down and Nathan was laughing and shaking his head.
“Nathan, are you serious?” I asked, still so happy.
“If I saw yes, you might have another explosion.”
“Okay, I won’t,” I promised.
“Well yeah, I am serious,” he said and smiled.
I sqealed and jumped in my chair. “So that means I have thirty million dollars?” I asked.
“Well… not yet. The money will be released when your eighteen.”
I slumped over. “Really? That sucks,” I sighed.
“It’s just one more year,” he pointed out.
“Yeah, but I just turned seventeen less than two weeks ago.”
“Cheer up,” he said and looked into my eyes and smiled.
It made me smile.
“There we go,” he said.
“Here is your California Benedict,” the waitress said, setting down my plate. “And your Market Crab Croissant.” She set down Nathan’s plate in front of him. “If you need anything, just call.”
My phone started to vibrate and I pulled it out of my pocket. I looked at the screen and sighed.
“Natalia,” my mom said like she was teaching a baby manners. “Where are you?”
I bit my lip. “Having breakfast.”
“With who?” She asked. She sounded excited to hear who I was having breakfast with.
“Can we talk about this later?” I begged.
“Is it Lawren?”
“Bye mom!” I said while she asked her question.
“Who is-” I shut my phone.
I sighed, embarrassed. Nathan chuckled.
The food absolutely exquisite. Throughout breakfast, we just talked. I completely forgot about the incident earlier this morning. It made me happy to have Nathan here with me.
When we were done with breakfast, we walked around downtown. The weather was nice and everything was perfect. I haven’t felt like this in so long. At least it felt like a long time.
We walked all the way to a park and Nathan led me into a place in the park where their were a lot of trees.
“Are you ready to go home?” He asked.
“Sure. It would probably be a good idea.”
“Alright.” Nathan closed his eyes and he started to shake. I watched as his skin, hair, and clothes all turned pure white. When the shaking stopped, his eyes flashed open, revealing his icy blue eyes.
“I’m surprised your never scared when I transform right in front of you.”
“Your not scary,” I said smugly.
He chuckled. “C’mon. Get on my back before anyone sees us.” I hoped onto his back, closed my eyes and he started running.
We were back at my house in less time than when we got to the resturant.
“I should probably get going,” Nathan said as he set me down on my bed.
“No!” I panicked. I got in control of my voice and turned it back casual. “Can you stay?”
Nathan smiled. “Sure. Why not?”
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Spirit: Chapter 16: Breakfast At Bacco