Status: On going...

He's attractive, arrogant and invincible. Well, for now.

Another Misunderstood Being.

The three of them didn’t have much of a choice but to watch in silence as Ever dozed off into a sleep that could cause her to wake up either with her memories wiped out again or for her normal self to come back, then again, what if that wasn’t her normal side?
Adam didn’t know what to think anymore, it was hurting his brain. Reasons as to why he didn’t like to use it too much.

“Okay well Ariel, clearly you need to explain something to us.” Carl shot a look of distaste at Ariel, it was a look Adam had never seen and a look Ariel hated, especially when it was thrown at her.
There was a moment of tension as Carl and I stood on either side of the bed whilst Ariel sat at the end of it, her eyes refused to move away from Ever as she lay there half asleep.
“There’s nothing to explain,” She stated, her voice cold as ice.
“Don’t mess with me Ariel!” Unnecessary anger built up in Carl, he hated being kept in the shadow.
“It’s none of your business!” She retorted, venom oozing at every word. Carl was clearly taken back; he didn’t expect her to reply in such way. As much as he didn’t want to admit, it hurt and what was worse, he deserved it.
“Sorry...” He muttered under his breath only inviting the silence once again.

With a sigh Adam spoke, “Guys... I don’t get why you’re all getting pissy about?”
His words caused Carl to flick his head up with a glare in anger; did he really just say that? With a click of his tongue Carl opened his mouth, “Your girlfriend, the one you love ‘oh so dearly’ didn’t just lose all her memories for what had probably been the millionth time in her life but she became a person that none of us knew, and you’re asking why we’re getting pissy?” He spat the words slowly, a frown forming on his lips.
Realization stung Adam multiple times like a wasp. Carl was right, and Adam was wrong.

“Wait, hold up there?” Ariel held her palms up in the air, one facing Adam whilst the other faced Carl. She gave them a quick glance each, “What do you mean ‘she became a person that none of us knew’?” Adam noticed to look in her eyes, it wasn’t a look asking for an explanation it was a look of guilt.
Adam was on the verge of confronting Ariel at that moment but Carl beat her to it. “Ariel, what do you know?” Carl demanded, the frown still tugging on his lips as he shook her by her shoulders. Although the fact Ariel didn’t dare look him in the eye proved she was hiding something.
“Ariel... please.” Adam whispered. Ariel gave in when the look of pain and desperation covered Adam’s expression. How long had it been since she saw Adam’s foolish smile? An hour? Two hours? Either way, it felt like forever.

With a sigh she slowly pushed off Carl, crossing her legs off, getting comfortable before she cleared her throat. “I met... Ever when we were younger, we met in Blackberry Park Playground, we had been childhood friends since then, our parents got along relatively well and considering we lived on the same lane, we saw each other. I think we even went to the same nursery,” She smiled at the memories. “But something happened...” Her eyebrows knitted together as she had trouble remembering anything that would vaguely help her explanation, only causing Carl to become cautious as Adam grew curious. “I don’t know, all I know is that something happened that caused Ever to move away and I never saw her again. It was only until I met her again this year, and the fact my second oldest brother mentioned about me hanging out with a girl when I was younger, teasing me about the fact I have never had a best friend,” She mentally cursed at him. “And then I realised who she was, she was so familiar, I could never mistake her hair anywhere.” She finished with a smile full of content.

“Well, that’s all fine and dandy but what has that got to do with her strange behaviour?” Carl interjected.
She gave him one look before turning back to look Ever, she still wasn’t asleep. “As far as I can remember Ever was nothing... like how she is now.” The words carried more weight than they intended. Adam didn’t even understand what she meant at first, demanding for an explanation. “Ever was always stubborn, she got what she want, she always said what was on her mind and she only knew how to handle things in a rough matter. It was her charm but it was also curse because other adults began to think badly of her and she would get labelled as the bully, but people just misunderstood...” she trailed over, several layers of wrinkles formed on her forehead. “But her Mother! She, she was nice and sweet and kind, she understood Ever the best and it was obvious she loved her the most,” A slight smile played on Ariel’s face as she remember the beautiful brown haired woman, with the slim figure and the pair of emerald eyes that no one could forget.

“This is a joke, right?” Adam mockingly scoffed. He refused to believe that the Ever he loved was nothing like he thought her out to be. Then again, he should have seen it coming. After all their first time meeting was nothing like the rest of his unusual encounters he had with her. The first time he met her, was also the first time he saw the real Ever. So what was it from then on? Was it all a fake? Maybe her feelings for me don’t exist when her ‘true self’ coexists in reality.
Adam was on the verge of losing his sanity.

“Adam...?” Ariel gave him a bewildered look, she couldn’t believe the reaction he had just given her. It hurt and angered her to the point where she actually wanted to punch him. Her deep blue eyes were filled with the compassion to brutalize him at that moment, but she contained herself.

“W-What? You can’t actually think I would believe this bullshit, right?” He was laughing but the fear was in his eyes. “That... that the girl I have known and grown to love is in fact no one, that she’s a person that just doesn’t exist, a mask to hide herself behind?” The tears were beginning to threaten him.
“Adam,” Carl cautioned him, his green eyes bold. “Calm it. Don’t get mellow-dramatic here. We all know that no matter Ever is Ever.”
Ariel grabbed his arm tightly, whilst she at on her knees on the bed, pleasing with her eyes she opened her mouth, “She is Ever, no matter what you say, the Ever we’ve known for the past year is who she is but there is... there’s something other than her amnesia holding her back, holding back her true self, holding back the full Ever, that we will all love. You’ve just got to believe that!”

Adam looked down at Ariel absently, his face showed no sign of emotion. A blank paper.

“Why? Why do I have to suffer like this for her!?” He shouted, the anger in his voice rose with every breath. “I don’t care what you say; I cannot love a girl such as her. I don’t know that kind of Ever. Foul mouthed and rude? That’s not Ever!” He shouted at the top of his lungs, only to be silenced by a hard force that crashed against the right of his face which sent him flying to floor.

There was a brief moment where only Carl stood there, his hand balled up into a fist, as he breathed heavily over Adam who sat on the floor stunned to the point where his eyes refused to blink. “You... disgust me.” He spat, hatred dripping off every letter, stringing Adam like venom. “You call yourself a man? You can’t even stand up for the girl you love? Or is that you never really loved her? Huh? Or maybe you’re just too much of a fucking pussy to take in another person pain because you know it is too much of a hassle for you to handle. So, you know what? I think you should just leave because to be honest, I think Ever would be better off without you and your pathetic ways. Grow some balls before you come show your face in front of us again.” A scowl stuck to Carl’s face.

Without another word, Adam left.