Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

I Love You

The day was growing old and Luke Owens was sitting on his back porch watching the sun set.

He looked at his wrists and frowned. His mom told him he had to quit or he would be with Cara. So he did.. he tried.. He only cut himself four times since she told him to quit. He knew if he was going to keep it up it could only be one cut at a time so his mom wouldn't think he was anymore.

So he had to make each one count.

He heard a car in the front of his house but he ignored it. Nobody important should be visiting him so it didn't matter. Evelyn was really worrying about him, he had become really depressed since Melody left and he hadn't ever really been this depressed.

She knew he cared about her.

He heard the back screen door open and he sighed thinking it was his mom. He just kept looking at the sky because if it was his mom he was going to ignore the hell out of her.

“..Luke?”

He knew that wasn't the voice of his mom. His heart jumped in hopes the voice belonged to the person he thought it did. He got up and turned around, he knew he could feel his eyes tear up.

She was standing there smiling softly and crying. She still looked beautiful. Her long flowing brown hair and her hypnotizing brown eyes.

Melody closed her eyes for a second as if she was thinking and then she opened them again. “Hi” She simply says.

Luke is just frozen, not knowing what to say.

She moved a bit towards him.

“Luke?” She asks again.

He walked towards her and looked in her eyes. “Oh, Melody”

“I'm sorry that I left.”

His face fell and he stared at his feet. “Yeah.. Well why did you?”

She cried harder than she was. “I screwed up so much here. I couldn't stay, I thought I would keep messing everything up.”

Luke wiped the tears of her face and grabbed her hand gently. “You didn't. Nothing was your fault. Everyone makes their own decisions”

She shrugged. “I guess so”

“I know so” Luke said.

Silence took over.

Luke tried to break it. “So, If you think you screwed up everything then why did you come back?”

“I have to fix things.”

He nodded. “I see.”

“I have to find myself again, too. I realized that I have changed a lot since that incident with me and Cara. So I'm trying to take a step back.”

Luke wanted to just kiss her but he didn't want to upset her or anything.

“I realized something, Luke.”

A mosquito landed on his wrist and he lifted it up and smacked the mosquito away.

“Me too.”

Melody glared at his wrist and lifted it back up. Her heart fell. He picked up one of her habits. “This is why I left.” She mumbled.

He pulled his wrist away. “No, it's not your fault.”

she rubbed her eyes and sniffled. “Yes it is! I got you into that, of course. Dammit.”

“I did it because I missed you, and I love you not because you freaking did it”
Luke put his hand over his mouth, he knew he said the “l” word, and he knew Melody didn't like it.

“Please don't do that anymore.” She stated, not even getting mad at him for saying he loved her. She kissed his wrist and he grinned.

“Okay, sweetie.”

She held up her pinky. “Promise.”

He held up his and they crossed pinky’s. “I promise.”

He scratched his head. “So why are you here if you have to fix things?”

She smiled softly. “Well there's this boy that I really need to fix things with first. He's the major reason I came back”

He hugged her tightly knowing that that boy was him. She giggled and pulled away.

“Luke, you'll be so proud of me!”

He left his hands on her waist. “Why is that?” At that moment he was on cloud nine. He was so happy just to see Melody again and she was so happy to see him again.

All of their sadness faded now that they were just simply in the presences of one another.

Melody was no longer nervous, but more of excited to tell him the three words he would die to hear.

She kissed his cheek quickly. “Well.. I want to tell you something.”

He raised his eyebrows. “Go ahead, sweetie.”

“I love you.” She said flawlessly, she didn't even stutter because she was absolutely sure of if.

Luke gasped and his eyes grew big.

“Are.. are you serious?”

She nodded and he picked her up and spun her in circles.

“Holy shit, Melody!”

She laughed and he put her down. “You really love me?”

“Yeah, not only that but I am in love with you.”

Instead of him being the one to kiss her she kissed him. She put her arms around his neck and pushed her lips against his.

Luke was really surprised by Melody and he hoped that this was part of who she really was because he liked it.

He pulled away, sad to end the kiss but needed to know how long she was hear for.

“When are you going home?”

She sighed obviously wanting to avoid this part of the conversation. “Two weeks, but if I fix things well enough and I really want to stay, my Uncle Joe offered for me to stay with him so I can finish school here. My mom will stay where we moved and I will stay with her on the weekends and holidays. I have things figured out.”

He grabbed her hands. “Please stay. I love you too much to see you leave again.”

A tear fell from her eye. “I'm sorry for leaving you like that and not saying an actual goodbye. I had to leave. I wanted what was best for you. I thought it would hurt more to tell you I was leaving.”

He shook his head. “No, it hurt more to see you drive away, not knowing when I would see your pretty face again.”

“I'm so sorry. I thought it would be better, but I've realized I was wrong. I have realized a lot. And you know who I have to thank for that?”

Luke shrugged. “Um.. Charlie the unicorn.”

She made a Oh-Really face. “No, you dope. You. You've made me into a better person. Thank you.”

Luke couldn't be any happier at that time. His life could finally be right. Sure, his sister was missing from his life at the moment but he knew after Melody sorted things out with Cara she would get better quicker and be able to come home. Melody was like an angel to him.

Melody was so scared of opening to anyone because it would result bad, and now that she was completely open to someone, it actually resulted well and it surprised her. She was afraid that she would have to go home soon, but she knew even if she did that she could still hold on to Luke and she wouldn't have to let him go. She was fixing things. Luke was her savior.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, One more chapter to go then a sequel. I have my idea's and I'm going to start writing it possibly tomorrow if I'm not too busy, which I probably wont be because I do not have to baby sit. I can write all day tomorrow.

I really hope you liked this, I cried when I wrote it :) I'm such a little baby.

Thank you soo soo much to all the commenter's and subscriptions :D I love you all!!

If you haven't commented and subscribed please do.

Have an amazing day and tell someone you love them :)

BTW:: I will have another story out soon! I know exactly what the character will be like but I need to know which I should do, and fan fiction or just an original, and if fan fiction who would you like to see in a story? Please tell me what you think :))