Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

Twenty Questions

Melody's P.O.V

After Luke apologized Mom and Cara found us and we went out to eat and did some shopping. When we got back to the hotel it was about 10:00 p.m.

I change into pajamas quickly and Luke is already changed when I come out. He smiles at me and I awkwardly smile back and sprawl myself out on my bed. I pick up my pillows and find my mp3 under it and just as I switch it on and get ready to put it in my ears Luke speaks.

"Did you have fun?"

I sit my mp3 down. "Yes"

"Oh, cool. Me too"

I nod. "Shouldn't we get to bed?"

He shakes his head and laughs. "Let's play twenty questions!" I sigh. I hate twenty questions, I hate it with passion.

"Oh come on" Luke says.

I frown and sit on the edge of my bed and he sits on the edge of his. "Fine"

"Okay, I'll go first then" He is being way too nice too me and it worries me. I hope he really wants to start over because I don't want to go back to him being mean to me tomorrow. If he does, I dunno what I'd do. I'd probably force Cara to switch rooms with me.

"Hmm.. Greatest belief?" He asks.

I don't even have to think about it. "That being 'in love'" I make air quotations "doesn't exist"

"Wow, you didn't even second think that. But wow, you really believe that" I nod "Even I think it exists.. and I'm a guy.. you're a girl.. and all girls believe in it"

"Nobody has ever given me a reason too believe in it"

He shrugs "Well.. I guess that's a good point"

"My turn?" I ask

He nods.

"What's your biggest fear?"

Luke plays with his hands. "Um.. hurting someone I love, or something happening to someone I love" He admits. I smile at him until he looks then I hide my smile. "What's your biggest fear?"

"Noo.. I just asked you that you can't ask me that"

He laughs. "Too bad"

"Fine, mine would be falling back into old habits or having to go back to the psychiatric hospital"

Luke gapes at me and I realize I just had said to much. I really didn't think about it. I should have before blurting out practically my whole past. Could have been worst.

"Um.. okay my turn. What's your favorite color?" I say trying to distract him from what I just blurted out.

Luke moves closer to me "No, you went to a psychiatric hospital?"

I roll my eyes and move to the head of my bed and Luke sits on the end and faces me. I glare at him. "Yes. I did"

He scoots closer. "Why?"

"Long story"

Luke looks at the clock. "Long night. Tell me.. Please?"

"I had a problem with cutting myself last year and the whole summer I was in the psycho hospital. I got better and got out. End of story"

"I thought it was long"

"It is, I just don't go into details" I admit.

Luke once again scoots closer to me till we are about a foot apart. "I never knew you went through so much"

"Yeah, there was more to it then just that. Not just cutting. Others. But it was my decision to get clean.. So I chose too. I had to do it for me and for everyone around me. I was hurting the people I love the most"

"Why did you start then?"

"I've been cheated on to many times to count, I'm in my best friend's shadow, and I'm never good enough.. for anyone"

Luke grabs my hand and looks me in the eyes. "I think you are good enough for anyone.. maybe too good. You've only been cheated on because your amazing eyes and beautiful face make guys go crazy. You are in Cara's shadow because you wont let yourself step out of it. Melody, maybe I don't know you too well but I know you enough to say that you are selling yourself too short. You are amazing. Don't let people make you do stupid things"

I feel tears in my eyes because nobody has ever told me anything like that before. Nobody, not even Cara, has just said something like that in an instance without even having to think about it.

"It's not just that, I've struggled with who I am my whole life. I hate who I am"

Luke gets close enough to me that our knees touch. "I don't. I think you're a really good person. You're so amazing" He kisses my hand.

I don't remember much after that because I pretty much just fell asleep. What I do know is that I fell asleep with him right next too me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh! Two chapters in two days! I am amazing. I hope you liked this! It gave a kind of look at Melody's past. So I will be writing a sequel to this. I know this already. I'll probably go too about fifteen chapters then do the sequel. Any things in particular you guys want for the sequel? Maybe it could be mostly in Cara's POV.
I have some ideas.

Please! Please Comment! xD

Anyways.
Random question time!!
What's your biggest fear?
Mine: Getting pregnant young.. yupp.