Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Life.

Milan went straight to the room Robert was placed in and lay by his side in the soft bed. Robert was withering in pain, but the screams that left his mouth was heartbreaking for Milan and Amari to listen to.

“I’m so sorry, daddy,” Milan whispered over and over again. She wasn’t coping at all. She snapped at Emmett when he asked her if she wanted to hunt, she didn’t manage to say anything to her brother.

Amari was better, he could see the change in his father and knew he would be okay, he felt guilt, of course, but he knew that his father would forgive him. But he was worried on how his father would cope with immortality.

Carlisle soothed most of their worries, telling them about a conversation he had with Robert a week before.

“He came over for coffee, but I realized the meeting was more businesslike, than just a Sunday visit. He wanted to talk to me about how the vampire transformation worked. Robert made it clear that being changed was something he’d had in mind for years, but never before having it in reach.
“He told me that if something were to happen with him soon, things that could not be predicted, he wanted me to change him. But if he lived for twenty, thirty years still he would stay human.”

Carlisle stared at Milan affectionately, “You shouldn’t worry about him hating you for what you decided Milan, he wanted it.”
It was like talking to a wall; Milan ignored Carlisle words and kept her place beside her father, washing sweat of his forehead.

Milan’s lack of response was worsened when Alice entered the room. She held her head low with a sorrow filled expression.
“I’m coming to apologize,” She said to Amari; the only one responding.
“For what?” he managed to asked her
“I saw it happen,” She whispered. “I saw your father being turned my Emmett, but I couldn’t see when it would happen because I can’t see you or Milan clearly, and Robert is always with you. I’m sorry.”

Amari sighed. “You couldn’t have changed it anyway, Alice, it’s okay,” he told the upset pixie.
“Thank you, Ami,” she smiled weakly at him and was about to leave the room when Milan spoke.
“You could have warned us,” she mumbled without turning. “You could have told us and we would have prevented it.”

Amari groaned and grabbed Milan’s arm. He pulled her up and stared harshly at her. “Stop it!” He yelled at her.

Alice left the room silently.

“Let go of me!” Milan yelled back and tried to loosen Amari’s grip but failed.
“No!” he said sternly before continuing. “You have to stop this Milan. Shutting everyone out won’t do you any good. You act like you are going through this all alone, but I’m right here, sitting on the outside, valueless on what you feel.”

Milan didn’t reply.

“Emmett is downstairs, terrified for what is happening to you and in pain because you are, but you are shutting him out, denying his unconditional love. He bit our father on command from you, terrified that you would leave him if not. He even risked killing him for you! I never thought you would be the stupid one, and I the smart one thinking rational.”

Amari’s stare turned soft and he brushed the palm of his hand over her cheek. “This isn’t you, Milly, you are not like this. You are the smiling one, the one everybody loves. You have to stop wishing for people to hate you.”

Milan’s lips quivered and she leaned her head against Amari’s shoulder. His words of truth hurt, but she needed them.
“I’m sorry, Ami,” she whispered.
“I’m not the one you should apologize till,” He said and they were silent for a minute as Amari searched his head for the right thing to say.

He smiled as he spoke to her. “Do you remember the song you wrote to me after Stina left us?”
Milan couldn’t help but smile as well. “Yeah; I called it ‘It’s Only Life’.”
“You wrote it because I was a mess, I missed her terribly, and you stayed strong for me and dad. How did it start?”

“Tears are forming in your eyes, A storm is warning in the sky,” Milan sang softly.
“The end of the world it seems You bend down and you fall on your knees Well get back on your feet,” Amari sang the next verse, his voice soft as velvet but not even close to be as angelic as his sister’s.

They sang the chorus perfectly synchronized.
“Don't look away Don't run away Hey baby it's only life Don't lose your faith Don't run away Hey baby its only life.”

They smiled at each other.
“It’s only life, Milan,” Amari said and kissed her forehead.
Milan stared gratefully at him.
Amari pulled her up from the bed and pushed her towards the door. “Go talk to Emmett, you need to hunt. I’ll look after dad.”

She gave her father a last glance before she took off down the stairs. All the Cullens and Jacob was gathered in the family room and everybody stared at Milan when she stopped at the end of the staircase. They had heard the beautiful duet with her and her brother and they knew Robert was okay. They waited for her to say something but Milan glanced at Emmett briefly before she walked out the backdoor.

Emmett followed after her and took a hold of her hand when they reached the trees. Milan stared into his black orbs – Emmett hadn’t hunted since before he and Milan left for the small cabin five days ago – and felt her eyes brim with tears again when she saw all the love they held for her. She didn’t have to say it, Emmett knew what she meant to say.

“I forgive you,” he whispered as she buried her face in his chest and let out a sob. “It’s okay, Milly, I forgive you.”
“I love you, Emmett,” she told him and reached her hands up to pull his face down to hers. “I truly do,” she whispered before she pressed her lips against his in a sweet and longing kiss.
“I believe you,” He whispered back as his hand caressed her back.

Milan was very aware of how close their bodies was; now when she was away from all the drama and it was only her and Emmett she could let herself think of the things that happened in the cabin. The things he did to her, for her.

Milan wrapped her arms around his neck and Emmett lifted her up in his arms.
“Promise me one thing,” she said and let her warm breath wash over his neck.
“Anything,” Emmett answered and let his lips trace her jaw line.
“When everything has calmed down and is back to normal…” she trailed of as Emmett placed small kisses in her collarbone.
“Yes?”
“Promise me we will go back to the cabin.”

A smirk made its way onto his lips. “Any time, Milly,” he whispered against her skin.
“You need to hunt,” Milan said as she once again stared into his dark orbs, all traces of gold was gone. “And so do I.”

~~~

They both fell full and decided to return to the house. Milan walked into an empty family room and noticed at once that something had changed. She heard their voices from upstairs and raced up the stair with Emmett on her heels.

Everybody except Nessie and Jacob were crammed together in the room Robert previously had been lying in, but now he stood in the center of all attention. His body radiated the renewal of his life, and his face held a smile to Milan’s surprise.

As she walked closer she felt a wave of ease wash over her and her beating heart calmed down. The room was silent as father and daughter stared at each other. Robert looked younger than his fifty-nine years; like a man at his best age. His gray hair had turned shining silver and his wrinkles had disappeared and left was clear, pale and stunning skin.

His blood red eyes focused on Milan’s openly stunned expression.
“Milly?” Robert’s voice was angelic, and he took a step forward.
Again Milan felt ease wash away her every worry. She walked up to her father and wrapped her arms around him. The once warm arms were now cold, but they still felt familiar and safe.

When Robert touched Milan she felt like she was floating on a cloud. She was light-headed and needed to be steadied when they let go off each other.
“Are you okay, Milly?” he asked her when she lifted her hand to her head.
“I feel light headed,” she said and tried to focus on her father again. Emmett stepped up to her side and put and arm around her waist.

Carlisle explained. “It looks like your father has a power much like Jasper’s. Did you notice how well you felt after you enter the room?”
Milan nodded.
“It seems like Robert can affect everyone that is near him. Like a aura of positivity.”

Robert had always had a calming personality, but he’d never given it any thought that he could get a power if he was turned. It would come handy in the everlasting future though, it could be used to calm down Amari and Milan’s fights.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Only Life - Kate Voegele

What'cha think? :)

I'll update when I have five new comments !

Comment and Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen

PS! I made a writing contest called Oh, what a Christmas joy. Check it out and see if you want to join :D