Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Voice.

Milan thought her last class, P.E, was the slowest, because she couldn’t participate. She could easily end up killing someone if she wasn’t careful with her strength. Milan had accepted that she was an outcast and wasn’t affected by her fellow students’ stares and whispers. She even made it clear her first day at this school that she didn’t want friends when she said no when a cheerleader asked her if she wanted to sit with their table.

She leaned against the far wall and gazed at the humans running around the gym; at the boys who ran fastest because they wanted to impress the girls and, and the coach to get better grades and the girls that ran slower because they were giggling and gossiping. Milan envied them their simple carefree lives.

Someone leaned against the wall beside her. She didn’t bother to turn to see who it was but she froze when she smelled him; one of the new ones, the Cullens. She turned her head quickly to see which one of them it was; her eyes widened when she recognized the vampire that had tried to kill her the night before. Milan turned her eyes back on the running humans as her heart slow heart started beating faster and her blood pulsed faster through her veins.

Milan was still frozen when the elderly coach, Briggin, came over to talk to the new one.
“Name?” Briggin asked him and looked over her list.
“Emmett Cullen,” He said smoothly.
“Aren’t you planning on joining your class?” She asked him.
“I have an old injury; the doctor won’t let me do any physical activities,” Milan knew he lied, it was obvious to her, but the coach was dazed by his appearance and strong voice.

“Do you have a confirmation on that from your doctor?” she turned her eyes back down at her list and crossed something out.
“Of course, but I forgot it at home.
Briggin tried to give him a disapproving look but failed when she let her eyes meet his again. “Remember it till tomorrow’s lesson.”
She walked away and called the students to order.

“Emmett Cullen,” he raised his hand towards her and looked down at her expectantly.
Milan only stared at his hand until he let it fall. She wasn’t going to introduce herself to a vampire, the less they knew about her the better.
“I’m sorry for last night, I didn’t know-“
He was cut off by the hand Milan raised towards his face, she didn’t need to hear his false excuses.
“I have never met you before.”

“Why don’t you have P.E?” Emmett tried to change the subject.
Milan cleared her throat before she spoke. “Sore throat,” she said in a velvet soft voice.
Emmett tried to hide his smile. “Of course.”

Milan ignored him.
“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school,” Emmett asked her even though he knew the answer.
“I don’t want, nor need your or any of your siblings company. I would like it if you told that to them.” Milan glared up at him quickly before stalking away from him and sat down on the bleachers and listened to her IPod.

Again, she took no notice of his appearance, not his well formed chest that made the other girls drool. She seemed cold hearted, and she knew it. But she wasn’t interested in making friends, not at all. She had enough with herself and protecting her father. Milan could feel his eyes on her the whole hour and she wanted to go over to him and punch his jaw, but decided against it – there was no way she would cause a scene and give the others something new to gossip about.

Soon enough she was heading home, walking at the side of the road in her four inch heels by herself. Her feet didn’t throb by wearing shoes like that an entire day and she wasn’t wobbling when she walked over the uneven ground. Milan sighed with relief when she locked herself in the house and could hear Robert; they hadn’t come for him when she was at school. Milan thought it had only been that one vampire, but it looked like he had a coven. She would have to be more careful when she went hunting and make sure of Robert’s security.

^^^
Emmett sat in a branch far up an old pine tree and looked down at Nessie as she drained a small deer. Emmett had already finished a bear and was full. He wasn’t really that thirsty, but he needed to let out his frustration over that girl, Milan. She revived feelings in him that he had to suppress.

Nessie climbed onto the branch beside him and wiped her mouth. “How was school?” she asked with a grin on her plump little mouth.
“Uneventful,” he told her without any enthusiasm.
“Jake told me about that wolf girl,” Nessie nudged his arm.
Emmett looked over at her with sorrow in his eyes and her smile faltered.

“You still miss Aunt Rosie,” Nessie didn’t have to ask, she knew the feeling.
Emmett nodded his head before he let it fall.
Nessie wrapped her arms around him and rested her palm on his neck.
“I miss her too,” She said and Emmett flinched as a picture of him holding Rosalie in his arms with both of them having big, loving smiles on their faces. “But it was her decision to leave.”

The picture changed to Emmett standing alone; looking like a sad shadow of the one he was in the other memory Nessie shoved him.
“You can’t let her hold you back anymore Uncle Em,” Nessie said and put another picture in his head.
He was holding hands with another girl, looking happier than ever. The girl was just a silhouette because Nessie didn’t know what she looked like.

“Please stop, Renesmee,” Emmett took her hand away from his neck and held it in his to stop her memories.
“I don’t want you to be sad anymore,” her mouth turned into a pout.
“But I’m not going to get a new mate, Rosalie is my destiny.”
“She wasn’t though, obviously. If she was, she wouldn’t have left.”
“Renesmee, stop,” Emmett voice turned harder. “You don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Fine, but only if you race me home,” She said as she slid of the branch and landed with a thud at the ground. She took off sprinting through the thick forest, but Emmett caught up with her easily.

^^^
Milan caught a whiff of an unknown smell, it wasn’t a vampire, it wasn’t that sweet, and it smelled more… human? She was in her normal form and followed the trail with the safety that whatever it was couldn’t smell her.

“You can’t let her hold you back anymore Uncle Em,” Milan stopped dead in her tracks and stopped breathing. It sounded like a young girl.
“Please stop, Renesmee,” It was the vampire that tried to kill her. It sounded like he was in pain.

Milan looked upwards and spotted them high up in a three. She was right, a little girl sat with her arms wrapped around the vampire. She zoomed out their conversation and fixed her eyes at the girl. Defiantly not a vampire, Milan could her fast thumping heart; it beat so fast Milan thought the girl was scared for her life. Maybe the vampire was holding her in captivity for fun.

“Rosalie is my destiny,” the vampire told the girl.
“She wasn’t though, obviously. If she was, she wouldn’t have left.”
“Renesmee, stop, you don’t know what you are talking about.” The vampire sounded upset or frustrated and Milan started backing away.

Milan tried to understand their conversation and came to the conclusion that this Rosalie was his mate, but she left. But if he thought she would become his new mate, he would have to think again. Milan turned away and ran the same direction she came from and didn’t see the little girl jumping from the high branch, because then Milan would have realized that the girl was something more than human, because no human would have survived a jump that high.

Milan didn’t bother with taking her clothes off before she exploded into a big black wolf – her ripped clothes landed softly on the forest floor behind her. She needed to hunt to make up for the night before. But she had to be careful and not make herself known for the vampires.

She took down a small wolverine, but wasn’t satisfied. She needed to be full and strong. She kept running, hoping to smell something bigger than the wolverine. But without her even noticing, a gigantic russet colored wolf ran up beside her. Milan stopped dead in her tracks and stared at his big brown eyes in wonder. They looked to ‘smart’ to be just a random wild wolf, and he was too big, almost twice her size.

Milan was on guard at once and barred her teeth at him at took a daring step towards him. She probably shouldn’t challenge a wolf that size, but she couldn’t show weakness. She was surprised when he started backing away from her and almost knelt too be at the same height as her.

She took that as her opportunity to run away from him, but he was on her side again at once. He made a sound, not a growl, but not a whimper either. It made her halt and stare at him with curios eyes. They stared into each other’s eyes for a few minutes before he jogged away from her and behind some bushed and a three. Milan felt the vibrations from the ground and it was only her curiosity that made her stay.

A man walked back to her wearing only a pair of shorts. She recognized him at once as one of the new students; she had noticed that he was different than the others, but she had never expected a shape-shifter. She took a step away from him.
The man raised his hands, palms towards her. “Don’t run away,” he said in a husky voice.
Milan took another step away from him.
“You are Milan, right?” he asked her.

She growled at him.
“Easy. I’m not going to hurt you. I am a shape-shifter, but you are something else, aren’t you?” his voice was calming to listen at.
Milan backed further away from him.
“I know you told Emmett that you don’t need any friends, but how about we hunt together? I’m missing hunting with someone that eats the flesh rather than drink blood. We won’t be able to talk, and I’ll let you be at school and in public. Just please hunt with me.”
Milan looked to both sides and smelled the air to check if he had brought any of the vampires but the air smelled nothing else than woods.

She grunted at him and motioned for him to go phase again. He seemed like an okay person, and he wasn’t going to kill her obviously. She didn’t feel threatened by him. He walked away from her again and phased back. Milan noticed the shorts were tied around his ankle; something she hadn’t thought about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating more frequent; But thank you for all the comments and to all of you that have subscribed, I really appreciate it :)

I'll update if I get four new comments !

Comment and Subscribe ^^


~ BreeVixen