Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Son.

“Thirty,” Milan said when Emmett sat down next to her on the bleacher.
“Thirty what?” Emmett asked her in confusion.
She rolled her eyes. “Your age. Thirty?”
Emmett smiled and shook his head.
“Forty?” she asked a little insecure.
Emmett laughed. “You can add more than ten years.”
“Seventy?” She asked, being sure he would tell her wrong.
“Take or give a few years,” Emmett smiled and searched for her reaction.

“Damn, you’re an old guy. Creepy,” Milan looked away so he wouldn’t see her grin.
“And how old are you, if your age makes me a creepy old dude?” Emmett asked when she turned to face him again.
“Thirty; give or take a few years,” She smiled.
“It’s not that bad,” Emmett said, “My brother is almost a hundred years older than his mate, that makes forty years look like nothing.”

Milan froze when she heard the word mate and noticed how close their faces had come; she could smell his sweet breath.
She scooted away from him on the hard wooden bench and faced downwards too the class. “I’m not looking for a mate.”
Emmett understood what she thought. “Me neither,” he said quickly.

An uncomfortable silence fell over them and Emmett didn’t try to talk with her for the rest of the lesson, and she disappeared so fast when the bell rang that he didn’t get the chance to walk her out. He wanted to cut his tongue out for mention the mate thing; he didn’t want a mate, just a friend.

Milan dropped her book bag in the front room and checked in on her father – he sat in front of his computer, writing intensively – before she changed into a big jersey dress and walked out in the forest. The big russet colored wolf sat there waiting for her and she could see the surprise in his eyes when he saw her on two feet.

“Care if we have a chat?” She asked and tried to put on a smile, it was weird for her to be polite and nice to others than her father.
Jacob walked away from her to phase and gave her a vary look when he walked back. “You’re not planning to kill me, are you?”
Milan let out a laugh. “No, if I had, you’d already me dead.”

He smiled at her. “I saw you talked to Emmett today.”
Her smile faltered. “He believes I’m going to be his mate.”
“You are going to be his mate,” Jacob said bluntly.
“You can’t just come here and tell me to be his mate!” she raised her voice.
“Alice saw it.”
“Alice saw it?” Milan asked confused.
Jacob bit his lip, unsure if he could tell her about Alice’s gift.
“Oh, so now you’re not talking, then I’ll guess you’ll start hunting with the vampires again,” Milan turned around and headed back towards her house.

“Okay, wait,” Jacob grabbed her arm but let it go when she glared at him. “Alice, she can see the future, like a special gift. I don’t know how much you know about vampires, but some are gifted.”
She raised an eyebrow at him. “Gifted? What did she see?”
“I don’t know exactly, just that you and Emmett would become a couple,” he told her.
Milan laughed and shook her head. “Not going to happen.”

Jacob bit his lip again, it wasn’t like him to be… nervous or scared, but he had no idea how strong Milan was, or if she was ‘kind hearted’. “Are you expecting a visitor, Milan?”
Amari… But it could be a possibility it didn’t work. “What do you mean?”
“Alice saw a male coming to your house, but she doesn’t know when,” he said to her.
She shrugged. “I haven’t invited anyone.”
“And Jasper and Edward, Jasper can manipulate and feel you emotions and Edward read minds, found out you’re worried about a man, and that he has changed?” Jacob kept asking, wanting to know who he was, because she could be lying.

Her face turned into a cold mask. “Tell them to stay out of my head. I’m done talking; let’s hunt.”
“When are you going to tell me what you are?” Jacob asked and stared her straight in the eyes.
“Probably never,” she said and pulled her dress over her head.
Jacob’s mouth fell onto the ground as he stared at her naked body. Milan smirked at him, and he quickly closed his mouth. She hung the dress over a low branch before she let herself lose control and enjoyed the feeling as her body trembled and morphed into a black wolf.

Milan turned around as Jacob tied his pants around his legs and phased; he was a lot quicker than her at phasing, she noted. They hunted for a few hours, but Milan was more focused on what Jacob had told her than the elk they ate together; one of the vampires had seen Amari come. She was amazed that the telepathy had worked, but still anxious.

She went headed home before she had originally planned because she didn’t want to leave Robert alone if Amari could show up. Milan phased back and pulled the dress over her head and ran to the house and climbed up the wall to her bedroom window. A note lay on her messy bed, telling her that her father had gone out grocery shopping. Milan changed into some clothes and decided to do her homework even though she was way ahead of the others in all her classes.

Milan walked down the stairs but stopped midway down when she heard something, it was a sound no one else would have heard, but she caught it easily whit her hearing; the sound of a strong but slowly beating heart. A smile spread across her face as she searched darkly lit living room and spotted Amari standing in the middle off the room with a kind smile on his lips.

“Hey Milly,” he smiled at her and extended both his arms towards her.
She bounced from the stairs and into his awaiting hands. “Hey Ami,” she said as she breathed in his scent, he didn’t smell anything of course, but she felt so secure felling his arms around her.
Amari let go of her but held her at an arm length distance and stared into her dark eyes, the exact same shade of brown as his own. Milan stared back, and noticed his eyes seemed a lot calmer, not as wild, but other than that he looked exactly the same as he had five years ago.

The front door was unlocked and opened and Robert stepped inside, both his hands held two grocery bags. He managed to turn the lights on with his elbow and dropped the bags to the floor and gasped when he saw who stood beside his daughter.

“Amari, my son,” he said and pulled the tall and lean young man into a tight hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter, and I already like Amari ^^

I'll update if I get five new comments :)

Comment and Subscribe !