Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Max

The birds were still there, it was like they were following my every move, creepy huh? Art didn’t seem to notice at lunch, they were pretty far off in the distance when he was near though.

P.E was fun, I got to play basketball twice and handball once. And the boys actually passed me the ball! So different from my old school, the bell rang and I saw Art walk across the oval, heading home so I ran to see if I could join him.

“Feel free.” He smiled, I grinned and we started talking.

“What’s your favourite colour?” I asked facing him and walking backwards.

He thought for a moment. “Blue or black,” He replied. “What’s your family like?”

I turn and start walking with him, looking at my feet. Why shouldn’t I just tell him? Come right out and say it-that’s what Relient K says. Sighing I spoke to my feet.

“When I was three, making my brother six, my Mum left us. Dad was sick and in hospital so we only had grandpa to look after us, not long after Da passed away. I’ve tried to find her, but no one’s heard anything of her since she left. It’s almost like...She just turned invisible one day or changed identities.”

I was silent for a minute letting the strange haired boy take it in, I glanced up at him and smiled, “Ben and I are happy with grandpa, we have fun and eat his good food. That’s what my family is like.”

He opened his mouth to say something but I glanced ahead, “oh look, there’s Ben and my street. Bye Artemis!” I started to jog ahead but stopped and looked back. “Artemis is too long, I’m going to call you Art now ok?” I smiled and ran to Ben, not waiting for an answer from the handsome boy.

“So lil sis anyone I have to beat up? Make any friends? Piss off any teachers?” Ben asked leaning on me and glancing back at Art.

“No, yes and I wish. Happy now?” I replied and moved so he almost tripped. He screamed and chased after me, but I was already running.

*****
I rolled over and groaned opening my eyes, I glanced at the clock 1:00am. Sighing I sat up and brushed my hair out of my face, I listened quietly for what had woke me up. Nothing but a cool breeze. Wait a minute, cool breeze? I didn’t leave the window open!

Quickly I climbed out of bed, yawning I made my way to the window. It was dark outside, rainclouds covered every inch of visible sky, no light could be seen besides the streetlight and even that was dimming.

Birds surrounded the side garden view from my window, I glared daggers at them but continued searching birds can’t open windows after all. Squinting at the darkness in the tree I sensed something move. Slowly a figure walked along the tree branch that touched my window and stopped in the light.

“Art?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
we've got something going on!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgwLOP8EDSU <relient k song

Comment subscribe!