Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Confusion Is Nothing New

Jen’s P.O.V
I take a sip out of my bottle of water and then put it back in my bag, I close and lock my locker and make my way back out to the front of the restaurant.

“Long day sweetie?” Mary asks as I take a deep breath.

“Yeah” I say and when I look at her I see a small gentle smile on her face.

“If it is any comfort your day is almost over” She said still with the smile on her face.

I nodded with a smile on my face “That it is, thank god” I said and Mary chuckled and made her way over to a table where a young couple just seated.

“Uhm, Jen. Table number five requested you to be their waitress” Lily said and I nodded with a curious look on my face.

“Okey Dokey” I said and made my way to table number five.

“Awww, don’t you just look adorable in your uniform” Jimmy said as I stood in front of the guys.

“Thank you?” I asked and he just winked at me.

“So what are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“What does it look like, we’re hungry” Johnny said and rubbed his tummy.

“That’s weird I thought Zacky would be the one to say that” Jimmy said and looked back and forth between Johnny and Zacky.

“We’ll start with drinks” Brian said with a smile.

“Ok, what do you guys want to drink?” I asked.

LATERLATERLATERLATERLATER

”Anything else?” I asked exhausted.

For the past hour I have been running between the kitchen and the guys table, bringing them drink, food, desserts and what not, dude they eat more than Matt would do.

“I think I would like a slice of cheesecake” Jimmy said looking thoughtful.

“Dude, you just ate two slices” I said and pointed to the plate in front of him.

“Three’s a charm” He said with a smile.

“Anything for you guys?” I asked and looked at the others.

“I’m thinking chocolate cake” Brian said.

“Zacky ate the whole thing 20 minutes ago” I said and sighed.

“Bitch!” Brian almost shouted.

“I want milkshake” Johnny said.

“Vanilla like the last two times or do you want to be dangerous and try something else?” I asked and looked up from my small notebook.

Johnny thought for a little while “Nah, I’ll take Vanilla” He said and gave me a million dollar smile.

“Zacky?” I asked and looked at him.

“I’ll just have a chocolate chip cookie” He said with a small smirk.

I nodded and went and got them the orders.

I placed the various desserts in front of them and just like the last billion times they dug in like they haven’t eaten in years. I shook my head and sighed and went to clean the empty tables while they ate what would hopefully be their last dessert.

“Yo J-Dog!” I heard Jimmy shout from their booth just as I was finished cleaning the last table.

“Yes Jimmy?” I asked exhausted as I walked over to their table.

“Why did the chicken cross the road?” He said leaning slightly over the table.

I put my right hand on my hip and used the back of my left hand to wipe away the small amount of sweat on my forehead.

“I don’t know Jimmy, to cross the road?” I asked, wanting nothing else but to just go home and sleep.

He put his hand over his mouth as he gasped looking sincerely shocked “You’ve heard it before!” He stated more than asked.

“Are you guys done soon? You’re the last one left and have been her for at least three hours” I say getting tired, and when I’m tired I get mad.

“We’re waiting for Johnny” Zacky said and pointed to Johnny who was sucking on the straw to his Vanilla milkshake.

“Oh god” I whispered before I made my way towards the cash registrar and took of my apron and folded it neatly.

“I’m done!” I heard Johnny shout and I sighed.

Thank you god!

“Here’s the bill” I say and hand them the bill.

“Thank you so much” Jimmy say with a smile on his face.

“Cash or card?” I asked looking at them.

“Cash” They all said in union.

“Ok, then.” I say.

I watch as they all pick up their wallets and pick out green dollar bills. One by one I take the cash and starts to count threw them as they start to put on their jackets (and in Brian’s case, his hat also, which he had taken off for some reason.)

“Dude, ya’ll paid 300 bucks to much” I said and looked at them.

Jimmy steps towards me and puts his right hand on my left shoulder and looked me in the eyes “You were a great waitress and when you are a really great waitress you get really great tip.” He said like he was talking to some kid.

“Yeah, I mean dude that was some seriously good vanilla milkshake” Jonny said with his thumbs up.

“And it’s only 75 bucks per person so really if you think about it, it really isn’t that much” Brian said with a shrug.

“But dude 300 dollars, even 75 is too much” I say and picks out 300 dollars and reaches them out for them to take.

“If you don’t take them how would you else read the awesome things we wrote on them while you were cleaning tables?” Zacky asked.

I looked at them confused before I looked down and turned all of the money over only to find them blank.

“Hey, you guys didn’t writ—“I looked up to see that they were gone. I arched my left eyebrow and looked around a little, I let out a sigh not feeling like arguing to myself or anybody else for that matter.

I’ll just bring the money to school and give them back then.

I nodded to myself feeling like it was a good plan, I hurriedly changed from my uniform and made my way home.

Right now all I want to do is go home, take a hot shower and then go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this is almost two WEEKS late, if it makes you feel better; I feel really bad.
See i tried to take my stories with me to school but since we have Mac's it got really weird on word so i didn't bother, but good news is that we get our school computers tomorrow (finally) so hopefully i will get to update while i'm in school : D

Right now i am deadly tired so imma brush my teeth and hop into bed ;)
Comment x