Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Take The Time Just To Listen.

Jen’s P.O.V
”Wake up, wake up, wake up!” I heard Sarah shout just above my left ear.

My eyes open and I look at her with a glare.

“Did you have to shout so damn close to my ear?” I asked sitting up in my bed while stretching and rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

“I just wanted to make sure you were awake” She said innocently biting her lower lip and blinking those big eyes of her.

“Gee, how thoughtful” I replied back sarcastic.

“And to let you know that the guys are here” She said as she ran out of the bedroom.

My eyes got wide and I sprung up from bed and out the hallway to catch Sarah but when I got out the bedroom door she was gone.

The guys are here?

I just shook my head and then walked back into our bedroom, I let out a small yawn as I walked over to the closet to find the outfit of the day.

I took the outfit with me to the bathroom and took a really quick shower and then dressed while I blow dried my hair. I decided to just let my hair be like it was, I didn’t feel like plugging in the straightening or curling iron, plus its Saturday so unless you got a hot date you’re supposed to look like crap.

After I threw the dirty clothes into the hamper I took my phone, iPod and lip balm with me as I walked downstairs to the living room.

And what a sight that was, I was met with the sight of all of the guys playing with the smaller kids.

Brian and Zacky were playing pirates with some of the younger boys.

Johnny was reading a book for some kids in the reading corner.

Jimmy and Sarah were with some of the younger girls playing with Barbie.

Emily and Maria were busy with a baby each, making funny faces and tickling them, anything that could make those babies laugh.

And then there was Matt, he was sitting on the couch entertaining Emily. I walked further into the living room and Emily caught my eyes, she immediately sprung up from where she was sitting on Matt’s lap and then over to me, hugging me.

“Morning Jen” She said into my stomach making me laugh.

“Morning munchkin” I said ruffling the top of her hair.

“There’s people here” She said motioning to the guys and girls that were scattered everywhere.

“I can see that” I said with a small smile nodding.

“Hey” Matt said as he came towards me and gave me a hug which I was happily to return.

“Hi” I said as we pulled apart.

“Hello!” Jimmy shouted from where he was sitting with a Ken doll in his hand.

“Hi” I said laughing giving him a small wave.

“So the guys wanted to come get you so we all could get something to eat” He said and I nodded.

“Let’s go eat!” Zacky shouted as he let go of his sword and took of his eye patch and ran towards the front door.

“What a surprise that it came from Zacky” Emily said as she laid the baby she was holding back into her crib and she walked over to Brian’s side giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Soon we were all out the door and standing in front the cars the guys came with and we all started piling in the biggest but just as I was about to hop in Matt grabbed my wrist gently making me turn around looking at him confused.

“What?” I asked.

“I was thinking maybe we could take my car to my place” He said and nodded towards his car.

“But what about them?” I asked pointing my thumb back to the car full of people.

“I somehow think they will manage without us” He said and dragged me to the car and opened the door for me.

“But I wanted to meet Zacky’s girlfriend” I said with a small pout as he got into the driver seat and started up the car.

“She couldn’t make it, had to babysit her little sister for a few hours while her parents went out to get ... Something” He said and pulled out of the driveway and went down the road.

“Oh, well then I guess its ok for you to kidnap me” I said teasingly and let out a small chuckle.

“Awesome” He said with a big smile as he quickly looked at me before turning his eyes onto the road.

After a good ten minutes that was filled with small talk we finally arrived Matt’s mansion house. It looked much nicer and less creepy in the day light then when I first was here at night.

“Don’t move” Matt said before he got out of the car and then ran over to my side and opened the door for me.

“Aw, thanks lackey” I said and patted his head with a small smile on my face.

“Now go make me a sandwich woman” I continued and pointed towards the house.

It was rare that I was this comfortable talking and being in the presence of a guy I haven’t know for years but Matt made me feel safe despite his lip piecing and his tattoos. I guess his awesome sense of humor and adorable dimples got in the way of my fear.

Matt let out a small chuckle “You are like soo funny” He said sounding like a girl/snob.

He didn’t hesitate to start walking but that was after he put his right hand on the small of my back and then gently pushed me forward.

A few seconds later and the door was open, even though I had been here once before I was still impresses with how it all looked. It was so fancy, exclusive and glamorous but there was still a little homey feeling.

“Holy Shiet” I whispered as I took a good look around.

“Hellooo, earth to Jennifer” I blinked and looked in front of me to see Matt waving both of his hands in front of me.

“Sorry” I said as a small blush crept onto my cheeks.

“Let’s get something to eat yeah?” He asked and I nodded.

His hand gently took mine as we started the journey to the kitchen. I looked around the whole way there this house was really amazing and big.

“This is the kitchen” Matt said as he let go of my hand and then walked over to the refrigerator opening it and then he stuck his head inside.

“What do you want to drink?” He asked.

“Uhm, sprite?” I asked and I heard some rumbling in the fridge and a second later Matt head came out and then he closed the door to the fridge and put two cans on the table, one diet pepsi and one sprite. I made my way over to the counter and he handed me the can of soda and I thanked him quietly.

“Bad news, we don’t have food. But I could order something if your game” He said and I looked at him confused.

“How can you not have any food?” I asked with confusion clear in my voice.

He shrugged “I dunno, we never get to stay so long that we need food I guess” He said and I started to feel bad for him. It must suck to have parents that don’t even care about him.

I frowned at what he said “I’m sorry” I said quietly.

“It’s ok actually, I’ll be out soon anyway” He said and I nodded.

We stayed quiet for what felt like forever but in reality was only seconds.

“So how about food, what do you want?” He asked while going to the phone that was hanging on the wall.

I shrugged “Anything is ok with me, I’m starving” I replied and he nodded.

“Pizza it is” He said with a smile and he found a pizza menu in one of the cabinets.

After he placed the order he took me to a grand tour of the house, he showed me rooms like his father’s office, his mother’s office, the library, their fitness room (no wonder he is so fit.)

“And this is my room” He said as he opened the door.

“Wow, this is nothing like I imagined” I said quietly as I took a step into his room.

“You’ve imagined my room huh?” He asks with a smug smirk on his face while walking to stand beside me keeping the door open.

I blushed as I realized as I had said it out loud and looked down at the very interesting floor.

“I just didn’t take you for a football and baseball kind of guy, that’s all” I said while hoping my red cheeks would turn back to normal soon.

“Really? Well you already know I’m awesome in basket” He said with a laugh while emphasizing on the word awesome and motioned to the baskeball decor he had around his room which included a few trophies.

“Though my sister is better” He adds silently.

“You have a sister?” I ask.

“Yeah, her name is Amy” He says with a smile on his face.

“Wow, where is she?” I ask never having seen her before.

“Boarding school, in England” He says and he walks over and sits on his bed, I follow behind and sit beside him. He takes a picture of him and a blond girl from his nightstand and gives it to me, they were both smiling and I could see the girl had the same set of dimples that Matt had so there was no doubt that this was Amy.

“Woah, she’s beautiful” I said as I gave him the picture back.

“How old is she?” I ask.

“14 though she turns 15 in two weeks” He says and I nod.

He looks at the picture before he puts it back on his nightstand.

“Yeah, she’s my dad’s bastard child but I still love her” He said with a proud smile on his face.

“Well she’s really beautiful, looks just like you” I said and he looked at me.

“Did you just call me beautiful?” He asks with a small smile on his face and an eyebrow arched.

I didn’t know what to answer, half of me wanted to yell out that he must have been the most prettyful (pretty and beautiful) human being out there while another part of me wanted to just creep into a whole and die of embarrassment.

“Maybe I did, whatcha gonna do about it?” I asked trying to sound smart but failed big time.

He didn’t reply, he just kept looking into my eyes before he slowly started to lean forward to my face. I kept looking into his eyes searching for an answer to what he was doing, he only kept leaning forward and his nose was soon touching mine. Our eyes were still watching each other and he kept leaning in.

*Ding dong*

We both pulled away and Matt groaned.

“One second” He said and walked out of the room.

Two minutes later he returned with a pizza box in his hands, he put it between us and then sat on the bed and opened the lid.

“DIBS!” I called out and took the white plastic thing in the middle (you know the one that’s supposed to keep the lid from touching the cheese.)

“Yes!” I said and did a small happy dance with my hands.

“Okay?” He asked looking at me weird.

I looked up and laughed a little.

“It’s rare but sometimes we eat delivered pizza in the orphanage and every time one of the kids always gets this thing.” I said and held up the plastic thing before I put it aside on the bed and then grabbed a slice of pizza.

We kept talking until all of the pizza had magically disappeared. (psst! The trick is… to eat it ;D)

“So why do you want to be a photographer?” He asks as he closes the lid on the box.

I wipe around my face with a napkin before I answer.

“Well I really love taking pictures of just about anything and anybody. Hopefully that’s what I’ll be when I grow up” I said with a small smile on my face.

“That’s awesome” He said and he opened up his drawer and pulled out a small black box.

He got up from the bed and then got down on one knee in front me.

He let out a deep breath.

“So I’ve been thinking a lot lately and even though we have only been boyfriend and girlfriend for a little while I still want to ask you this… Jennifer Helen Davis, will you marry me?” He asks and look into my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry to all of my 198!!! subscribers but lately my writing have been in a bad mojo, i've been stressed out by all of the school work i have so i never really had any time to write and when i did i would usually write one line and then get bored.

Originally this story was actually just going to be about 730 words but you guys deserve SO much more than that so i've been sitting in the same spot for soon 4 hours writing you guys 7 pages in word (2 129 words ;D) in hopes of making it up to you.

You like?