Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I Can Use Some Guiding Light, Some Place To Go.

Jen’s P.O.V
“I’m Pregnant” I said.

After I said that one line i broke down into a sob, i turned my head so it was buried in my pillow silencing my sobs.

Silence filled the room and for second I thought that Matt had left until I felt his hand on my head, gently stroking my hair.

“You’re pregnant?” He asked softly and I hesitated before I nodded.

“Oh babe” He said before I heard some noises and then my bed sank, he got under my sheets and pulled me into his strong arms while whispering words of comfort as he let me pour out my tears.

We stayed like that for quite a while, after half an hour i stopped. I let out a whimper as my head was laying on Matt’s chest clutching his t-shirt like my life depended on it. The silence was still there but I found it comforting, I knew Matt had a lot of questions and he deserves to hear the truth, how awful I really am.

“What happened?” Matt asked in a whisper.

I sighed as I sat up in the bed, Matt quickly followed. I licked my lips and wiped my hands under my eyes to get rid of anything that has shown that I’ve cried, though I think someone will know when they see my bloodshot eyes.

I opened my mouth a couple of times but nothing came out, I put my hand over my stomach and gently stroked it. I shook my head and lowered it feeling tears come into my eyes.

“You don’t have to tell me now if you don’t want to” He said and hugged me, I took the hand of my stomach and hugged him tight to me. I wanted to tell him everything but I had no idea where to start, should I start with how it happened? Where it happened? How long ago it was?

I’m scared to death that once he knows he’ll leave me. Teenage pregnancy is such a cliché and so is the teenage father leaving the mother with the child. But then again I’ve read and watched movies where the father stayed and though Matt’s not the father I am hoping he will at least talk to me and not ignore me completely.

“A few weeks ago me and Sarah went to this birthday party” I started.

FLASHBACK

“Ready to go?” Sarah asked coming into our room.

“I feel like I should wear tights underneath this” I said as I motioned to my skirt.

“If you’re going to put on tights we’re going to be even more late then we are, plus Darren is outside waiting in the car” She said referring to one of her friend and I bit my lower lip and then nodded.

“Fine, let’s go” I said as I took my coat and walked with Sarah down the hallway and out the orphanage.

Darren parked the car on the other side of the rode further down the street, just in case the police showed up as he said.

I slammed the car door shut and looked up at the house, every door and every window were opened and you could see the lights blinking from inside and you could hear the music blasting and the bass must have been turned up to the max considering there was a mini earthquake on the lot.

“Come on” Sarah said as she walked in the door, I ran over to her and took off my coat the minutes I was inside. Everything was opened but it didn’t really help, the house was somewhat moist in the air and it was really hot. I took Sarah’s hand as we squeezed our way through all of the people that was dancing.

“What do you want?” Sarah asked as we got to the kitchen, bottles and cans with alcohol were scattered around, there was also a few water bottles, sprite, lemon and limes on the counters. All in all it looked like a teenage party movie.

“Uh, just water for me” I said, Sarah shrugged as she threw me a bottle of water and took a bottle of corona for herself.

I took a sip as we walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where people were grinding against each other. If you hadn’t noticed, this was not a normal birthday party where you brought gifts and the most dangerous thing you did was truth and dare.

We both sat on the free loveseat that was against the wall and watched.

“Would a pretty lady like you like to dance with me?” A guy asked Sarah holding out his hand for her. She looked at me as in asking me if it was ok and I nodded, she gave me a smile and took a big sip of her bottle and then sat it down on the table and followed the guy out on the dance floor and then I lost the sight of her.

I must say that I felt a little lonely because this was not the kind of parties I was used to go to, let alone invited to. I looked around the room and saw that most of the people were dancing, a few were standing to the sides drinking and laughing, some were smoking and one guy was looking at me.

Wait, a guy was looking at me?

I took a double take and met the guy’s eyes, he smiled at me and I gave him a small awkward smile back. I watched as he pushed himself off the wall and made his way over to me, I got more and more nervous with each step he took.

“Hey” He said as he was standing in front of me.

“Hi” I said my voice drowned out by the music, but he must have seen my mouth move because he sat down next to me.

“I’m Lucas” He shouted and held out his hand.

“Jennifer” I shouted back and shook his hand.

“What are you doing sitting here alone?” He shouted and I shrugged.

“Want to dance?” He asked/shouted and I looked at him and then shook my head.

“I don’t really think that’s a good idea, i have to left feet when it comes to dancing” I said and both of us laughed a little.

“Then do you want to join me in the kitchen? It’s kind of tiring to shout” He shouted and I nodded, he took my hand making me blush and then we stood up and left for the kitchen.

After squeezing through the crowd (again) we were at the kitchen where it looked worse than it did a couple of minutes ago. This time there was alcohol EVERYWHERE and I don’t mean alcohol in the bottles. No, there were glass on the floor and the alcohol was dripping from the cabinets, counters and some were dripping out the fridge, it kind of looked like there had been an alcohol war in here.

Lucas let out a low whistle.

“Niiice” He said sarcastically before he turned to me.

“At least we don’t have to shout” He said with a smile and I smiled back and nodded a little.

“So Jennifer, how old are you?” He asked as he turned around so his back was facing me, I heard some bottles clanking which meant that he was making something to drink.

“Sixteen” I replied and watched his back as he moved back and forth mixing whatever it was he was mixing.

“Cool, I’m seventeen” He said as he turned around to face me still with a smile on his face.

“I have to say, I’ve never seen you in school before” I said and he laughed gently.

“I’m homeschooled” He said and reached me a slightly pink drink and I took it.

I looked down at the drink suspiciously and then looked back up at him just as he took a sip. When he noticed me looking at him he gave me a questionable look.

“What?” He asked and looked at me.

“I don’t really drink alcohol” I said.

“Come on, you look like you need it” He said and I gave him a look saying ‘what-the-hell’s-that’s-supposed-to-mean’

“Oh don’t get me wrong, you’re pretty sexy but you’re also tense” He said.

I just kept looking at him and then I looked down at my drink, I guess since this is my first real party it wouldn’t hurt to let loose a little bit. I shrugged my shoulders as I downed the drink and Lucas let out a whistle as I felt the burning in my throat.

“Woah, that’s amazing” He said and laughed.

“What the heck was that?” I asked with a sour look on my face and he looked back himself.

“A little bit of this and a little bit of that” He said with a shrug and I threw my head back and laughed.

He chuckled “I see the drinks are having an immediate effect” He said with a smirk on his face.

I licked my lips and shrugged.

“So what now?” I ask and he looks at me closely, I awkwardly look at him back and after a few seconds of silence I jump up from the bar stool I was sitting getting a little dizzy but none the less walked forward to him and waved my hand in front of his face and he blinked meeting my eyes.

“What?” He asked.

“What now?” I ask and he smirks and looks at me up and down and then looked behind me, his smirk getting bigger.

“Now you go night night” He said and before I knew it something hard hit me in the back of the head and I blacked out.

FLASHBACK OVER


“Next thing I know I wake up in a stranger’s bed naked and slightly bruised” I whispered into Matt’s chest emotionless.

Matt’s quiet for a while which scares me. I hug him tighter to me and close my eyes together. I softly sniff his shirt, it’s a mix between a little cologne and smoke which I usually wouldn’t really like but with Matt it fits.

“Do you know how long you have been pregnant?” He whispered and I shook my head.

“Maybe you should set up a doctor’s appointment so you could get some answers, you know?” He asked and I nodded my head not trusting my voice right now.

I still had my eyes closed as Matt whispered words of comfort and stroked my hair. I still clung to his shirt like my life depended on it, I don’t want to lose him. Maybe I should have just shut up about the whole thing and just lived my life like everything was perfect.

“Do you maybe want to get some rest, I know this must have been hard” He said and I opened my eyes and looked straight ahead and then I nodded.

“Can you stay with me?” I whispered and I felt him kiss my temple.

“Of course baby, I’m not leaving” He said as he slowly leaned down on the bed taking me with him, my head was on his chest and I once again closed my eyes this time focusing on hearing his heartbeat which were slow and peacefully. I yawned and fell asleep to Matt’s soft voice singing and his hand stroking my hair.

Matt’s P.O.V
I looked down at Jen and noticed how she’d fell asleep and I let my own tears silently fall down my cheeks as I kept stroking her hair. I can’t believe what had happened to her. The one girl that I actually like has been raped and is now pregnant. I can’t leave her, I know she needs someone now and the least thing I can do is be there for her.

I take my free hand up and wipe my cheek and then use it to pull Jen closer to me, I gently stroke her cheek and then put both of my arms around her waist hugging her close to me but yet not as close as to wake her up, I lean forward and kiss the top of her head before closing my own eyes and the I fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER, i got a HUGE respond to the whole "Dude, i'm pregnant" and it was awesome. Yeah, i know teenage pregnancy is pretty clichè but i want to try and make it somewhat different, add more drama perhaps. I don't know yet.

I'm really sorry if you think that the ending suck but i HAD to get this chapter out before i went to bed and it's like 02:10 am here in Norway.

BUT THANK YOU TO ALL OFF MY 210 SUBSCRIBERS FOR WATCHING AND THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ;D )